• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 The villain of Revelations 2

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'd say it was a mixture of greed and power-madness in Wesker's case, but is there even a good reason for that? In other words: Why does Wesker have those evil traits to begin with? Was he abused as a child? Did something horrible happen in the past? Does he need to reach a specific goal to get back at someone, or to the contrary, help someone? Was he brainwashed? Is he a well-intentioned extremist who actually believes he's doing the right thing? So many possibilities, but I don't recall it ever being revealed, and that's my problem with this character. He might be "cool" (if wearing black leather and sunglasses and shouting "CHRIIIS!" in a deep voice is considered cool, that is), but he's flat.

Compare him to Alexia, for example. Her motivation isn't self-defence, but stems from her superiority complex. Why is that so? Because she grew up in an environment where everyone told her she's better than everyone else, constantly praising and even worshipping her for being so smart, but never showing her affection or teaching her any lessons on the world outside the laboratory. When it comes down to it, Alexia is a 12-year-old spoiled brat in the body of an adult woman with too much power who views the entire world as her playground, and given her back-story, there's really no other way she could have turned out.

As for Neo-Umbrella being desperate and "gay", I disagree because neither Simmons's nor Carla's motives have anything to do with homosexuality, and although they're probably among the most hated villains in the RE universe, even they have more depth than Wesker. Simmons must have been exposed to the influence of "The Family" since an early age, given that he's a high-ranking member today, and thinks what he's doing is for the best, even though his definition of "the best" is questionable, as are his means to achieve it. There's also his unhealthy obsession with Ada to further complicate things, and one victim of said obsession is Carla, who wants to take revenge on him by destroying what he loves most: the world. Punishing the entire world just because one person wronged you seems a little harsh, but in a strange and twisted way it actually makes sense in this case, especially considering the insanity of a woman who has to deal with being two people at once.

I'd like the villain of Revelations 2 to be someone with a realistic background. I read somewhere that the relationship between Claire and Moira will develop over time, and that the Burton family tragedy will play an important part, which hints at this game's story being more character-focused than usual, so I hope the villain won't be left out of that. Whether it's Rebecca who has developed a grudge against the Redfields and Burtons, Jill who still has to deal with the aftermath of being brainwashed by Wesker, a member of the Burton family who has turned evil for some reason, or someone entirely different - just let it be believable.

The Darkening Sea

I'd say it was a mixture of greed and power-madness in Wesker's case, but is there even a good reason for that? In other words: Why does Wesker have those evil traits to begin with? Was he abused as a child? Did something horrible happen in the past? Does he need to reach a specific goal to get back at someone, or to the contrary, help someone? Was he brainwashed? Is he a well-intentioned extremist who actually believes he's doing the right thing? So many possibilities, but I don't recall it ever being revealed, and that's my problem with this character. He might be "cool" (if wearing black leather and sunglasses and shouting "CHRIIIS!" in a deep voice is considered cool, that is), but he's flat.

Compare him to Alexia, for example. Her motivation isn't self-defence, but stems from her superiority complex. Why is that so? Because she grew up in an environment where everyone told her she's better than everyone else, constantly praising and even worshipping her for being so smart, but never showing her affection or teaching her any lessons on the world outside the laboratory. When it comes down to it, Alexia is a 12-year-old spoiled brat in the body of an adult woman with too much power who views the entire world as her playground, and given her back-story, there's really no other way she could have turned out.

As for Neo-Umbrella being desperate and "gay", I disagree because neither Simmons's nor Carla's motives have anything to do with homosexuality, and although they're probably among the most hated villains in the RE universe, even they have more depth than Wesker. Simmons must have been exposed to the influence of "The Family" since an early age, given that he's a high-ranking member today, and thinks what he's doing is for the best, even though his definition of "the best" is questionable, as are his means to achieve it. There's also his unhealthy obsession with Ada to further complicate things, and one victim of said obsession is Carla, who wants to take revenge on him by destroying what he loves most: the world. Punishing the entire world just because one person wronged you seems a little harsh, but in a strange and twisted way it actually makes sense in this case, especially considering the insanity of a woman who has to deal with being two people at once.

I'd like the villain of Revelations 2 to be someone with a realistic background. I read somewhere that the relationship between Claire and Moira will develop over time, and that the Burton family tragedy will play an important part, which hints at this game's story being more character-focused than usual, so I hope the villain won't be left out of that. Whether it's Rebecca who has developed a grudge against the Redfields and Burtons, Jill who still has to deal with the aftermath of being brainwashed by Wesker, a member of the Burton family who has turned evil for some reason, or someone entirely different - just let it be believable.

Rebecca is a well-know S.T.A.R.S member. Jill has already turned bad and then good again. Annette is surely dead. Alexia exploded into smithereens. The villain is either someone we can't think of, or Veronica Ashford as (Spencer Key) said.

black 93

I read somewhere that capcom have said the villain when revealed, will only be known to people who know a lot of the resi backstory. Personally, i reckon alex wesker is a girl and its her voice we hear.

Fenris

Wolf :)
Well it was said that Hardcore Resi Fans would know her. But maybe it was just a trick to fool us around, and we don't know how Capcom defines "Hardcore Fans" or maybe it was a trick statement and meant like "ESPICALLY Hardcore Fans will recgonize her" you know? Confusing the fans with unclear statements.

After seeing the Intro of REV2, I kinda think it could be Excella after all. The line "you kow Tricell is history" kinda reminded me of her.

Voice wise it sounds very much like Carla, but story wise it makes sense for Alexia or Veronica to return.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I think it's Jessica Sherawat(?) from Revelations. If you watched the ending of Revelations 'til after the credits, it makes it pretty obvious that she could be a villain in a future title.

Mark Mane McIntyre

I don't know who it is but Jessica and Alex Wesker(who I hope is a female) becomes the villain in Resident Evil 7, 8,9.
Actually I would prefer the villain to be Carla

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I think Polly is a huge possibility. In the live action trailer, the mysterious woman has blonde hair, and if you look at the pictures of Barry's kids, one has dark hair (Moira) and so Polly has blonde hair. The game seems to have a lot of family references, and Moira didn't like firearms because of some incident, maybe she thought Polly died years ago, so wouldn't know her voice? Capcom said we know about her, don't know her voice, and have to be REALLY hardcore fans, and you could only see those pictures if Barry dies in RE and if you get his epilogue in RE 3.

Phoenix_Cry

Considering the idea of the Enchanced Veronica Leak. After reading about the C-virus, its an enhanced version of Veronica with G added to it. After that I seriously wouldn't rule out anyone to do with 6 (Carla, Helena, Deborah, etc.)

In other thoughts, Manuela? Considering she was involved in a Veronica storyline, its a possibility. Also, in a non-serious theory, I'm not ruling out anyone from ORC. The game might be non-canon but there is nothing saying the characters can't be in the canon storyline. Still, an unlikely outcome.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Considering the idea of the Enchanced Veronica Leak. After reading about the C-virus, its an enhanced version of Veronica with G added to it. After that I seriously wouldn't rule out anyone to do with 6 (Carla, Helena, Deborah, etc.)

In other thoughts, Manuela? Considering she was involved in a Veronica storyline, its a possibility. Also, in a non-serious theory, I'm not ruling out anyone from ORC. The game might be non-canon but there is nothing saying the characters can't be in the canon storyline. Still, an unlikely outcome.

Apparently Enhanced Veronica was fake. Plus, Capcom said you would have to be a hardcore fan to know who it is, and we wouldn't know them by voice. I think it's most likely Polly Burton, but I could be wrong. I don't think it could be anybody from the past few games.

Phoenix_Cry

Apparently Enhanced Veronica was fake. Plus, Capcom said you would have to be a hardcore fan to know who it is, and we wouldn't know them by voice. I think it's most likely Polly Burton, but I could be wrong. I don't think it could be anybody from the past few games.
Fair enough, I came to that conclusion since the one screenshot of an enemy reminded me of Simmons in RE6.
Still, I get the feeling about Polly but capcom wouldn't make it that obvious would they?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Fair enough, I came to that conclusion since the one screenshot of an enemy reminded me of Simmons in RE6.
Still, I get the feeling about Polly but capcom wouldn't make it that obvious would they?

I think it seems obvious, but there are a lot of people who haven't even thought about that, so you never know.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
i hop saddler come back hhhhh with hes crazy ideas yhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:suggestive::suggestive::suggestive::suggestive::suggestive:

e_etu

Soram ~
i found this :D

Elza walker
latest

" Elza Walker was a main character in the beta version of Resident Evil 2. When the game was revamped, almost from scratch, she was replaced by a very similar - through unrelated- girl; Claire Redfield. "

" Okabe said that only hard core fans would know her, so it cant be someone really obvious "
" we will recognise her by appearance meaning they have been physically in a game "
" you cant recognize her by voice "

it could actually be her , only hardcore fans know her.

So i will change my opinion and i will say its her because no one really knows her.

Top Bottom