• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Story Behind Your Username

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
A lot of the time, when I'm browsing the forums, I wonder about the significance of someone's username. Sometimes it isn't immediately apparent why they chose the username they did. In this thread, I invite you to tell that story.

I'll start. People who have been around a while might know that my username on this forum was originally Jenevieva. This was a nickname I had in school - my name is Jennifer (though I always shorten it to Jen) and for some reason my friends decided to start calling me Jenevieve. It eventually evolved to Jenevieva. However, I then made the mistake of using this name in other places that my real friends use. None of my real life friends know that I'm a gamer, so I thought it would be best to change my username to just Jen to be more anonymous.

Long story short - my username is my name. :p

Go ahead - tell us the significance of your username. :)

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Honestly, there's no symbolism attached to mine.

Obviously Chris is quite a well-regarded character within the RE universe so I opted for him; my name isn't Chris (which I'm indifferent about). Also, 1994 is my year of birth! Nothing fancy!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
When I joined the forum, I was on a Happy Tree Friends kick, and Flippy was everyone's favorite character. The "q" instead of the "p" is how people differentiate between Flippy and his evil personality.

I'm not really too sure about the significance of the 42. Probably just added numbers for the hell of it.

One-Winged Angel

Cecil "There is sorrow in those wintery eyes..."
Well since Resident evil 2 is my favorite Resident Evil game ,Leon and Claire are the only characters that i can relate too (also Jill <3 ) ,so why not ships them together ,and about the 31425 believe it or not it stands for my rating of the devil may cry games being number 3 is my favorite out of all then 1 and so on LOL, okay and that's pretty much the story behind my username XD

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
My favourite game is Kingdom hearts and my favourite character at the time was Roxas.
The first forum I tried to sign up to had roxas already taken and one of the suggestions it came up with was Spikeyroxas so I chose that one.
And every forum or site that requires a username I just stuck with it.
Its became my ultimate alias.
I really like name too

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
When I first joined, my username was Claire_Redfield because Claire was my favorite character at the time. (Not surprising seeing as how my favorite RE game before playing Remake was Code Veronica.) Well eventually I got tired of looking at that underscore and I wanted something different.

In all honesty, I wanted something epic like La Femme Fatale.

I love plants, probably more than animals and humans, and I'm very proud of my southern heritage and upbringing and one of my favorite southern staples is the southern magnolia tree. Well its scientific name is Magnolia Grandiflora (grand because the flowers are so freaking huge) and that's that.

It was either that or Cornus Florida, the dogwood, which is NC's state flower.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Back when I first started using the internet I joined a Stargate forum, it was the first thing I had to pick a user name on, so I went through Stargate SG-1 looking for a character that would be cool to use as a name. Anyway there was a race of aliens called the Asgard and they were all named after Norse gods, there was one called Loki and I liked that one the best so I took it. I've used the name on everything internet-wise since.

...I mean I'm really Loki... forget about what I said before...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
One year in high school, we had to do this thing online and we had to have our names and a number, so mine was Madelyn7 (Madelyn is my real name, I was born on the 7th and it's my favourite number), so I was like "This is online too, so I'll make a reference!"

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, a long time ago, about 20 years to be exact, these two people decided to have sex. I could only assume the condom broke or these people were just wreckless because BAM, 9 months later Jesus was born. Except they didn't call him Jesus. This kid was special, this kid was going to lead humanity to the next step of evolution in a way Jesus could have never imagined. So, in order to avoid confusion among future generations, they called this newly born, wrinkly little critter, Arturo Ortiz da Firenze. Anyway, like Jesus, Arturo Ortiz da Firenze had siblings. Siblings that messed with him and also nicknamed him just Turo. The nickname didn't last long though because he died shortly after receiving it. You see, I hated Arturo Ortiz da Firenze with a passion. He may have been my brother but he had to go. I may or may not have crucified him in the basement but what I know for sure is that he died on the day of June 2nd. It felt right at the time but I regretted it later. So now I honor him on internet forums with my username being a combination of his nickname and date of death.

BTW, this is definitely a true story and I'm totally not this Arturo guy.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Because I have a bad habit of wooing unsuspecting male heroes to their deaths with my feminine wiles. Ahem.

My favourite (Canadian, might I add) television program at the time was 'La Femme Nikita'. So, I stole the title, swapped Nikita with Fatale because it made sense to and that's pretty much it.

jayshizzo

e_etu = Eetu which is my name.
eetu,your name is from which country?

Because I have a bad habit of wooing unsuspecting male heroes to their deaths with my feminine wiles. Ahem.

My favourite (Canadian, might I add) television program at the time was 'La Femme Nikita'. So, I stole the title, swapped Nikita with Fatale because it made sense to and that's pretty much it.
your signature picture is from which tv series ?

Top Bottom