• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 The Mercenaries Reunion Characters, Rated Best to Worst

Iced Digger

In this thread, post a list of the Mercenaries Reunion characters best to worst.

1. Business Suit Sheva
2. Barry Burton
3. Excella Gionne
4. Josh Stone
5. Fairy Tale Sheva
6. Heavy Metal Chris
7. Warrior Chris
8. Rebbeca Chambers

Business Suit Sheva is stacked to the fillest. Her handgun and magnum are insanely strong, you can kill pretty much anything with ease. I normally just grab any flash granades I can find, to help with any of the transformed Manji, some health, and I'm good to go. Great on any stage as well.

Barry is pretty much the Wesker of this group. Handgun and magnum are very strong, as well as the rifle he carries. Awesome physical attacks, the only downside is that he starts with no health items.

Excella's hangun is incredibly strong, her granade launcher is equipped with flash granades so that helps with the annoying transformed manji. Her physical attacks are slow, at least most of them are, so that kinda sucks, but overall I really like her.

Josh is a neat character. The rocket launcher obviously is a plus, and his shotgun is very powerful. His melle attacks are great, even pretty cool to look at. The handgun is good because it can carry so much ammo... however it's bad because it's quite weak. He also starts off with no health items, but he's got a rocket launcher... stop complaining:lol:

Fairy Tale Sheva begins with 5 golden eggs in her inventory. That's unbelieveable. Her magnum is godly (almost Wesker godly...), I'm not really a fan of the machine gun, but it gets the job done. The shotgun is also a solid addition. Nice outfit too...:wub:

Heavy Metal Chirs is NOT THAT BAD. I see many people complaining on this forum about him, when truly I find him quite good. I actually rarely use the Gatling gun, mostly the stun rod. It's nice becuase it does give you 5 seconds if you get a kill with it. I pick up tons of health items, and I'm good to go. I know i'm odd because I actually like him.

Warrior Chris is... I don't know. I'm just not a big fan of him. Good shotgun, bad rifle... ok hadgun. Dosen't help that he looks very lame. I don't know, just something I don't really like about him...

Rebecca is really the worst. God her melee attacks are so weak, the only really good one is the flamethrower, other than that just weak. I like the Jailbreaker, and it's cool that she comes with tons of ammo. I enjoy using everyones melee attacks... except hers.

Well, there you have my list. Probably not going to be popular, but it's ok. You can discuss or make your own list for people to tear apart.:lol:

v iBaxter

how is rebbeca last ? shs got loads of ammo and her flamethroweris easy to do heavy metal should be last.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
That's a good list you did mate. I would say Barry is my favorite, the things he says while he is running around the levels are kinda funny "What is that!?" he is more use to zombies though haha Barry and Wesker was like two peas in a pod back in the day its funny the things he says..

But erm Im not making a list just yet I aint played with everyone enough times. I have not even tryed Excella yet lol I do like heavy metal chirs with his minigun >: D when I played as Barry on Dou mode someone was hmchris and the mini gun seemed to powerful! lool so its good. the new mercs is good fun.

Iced Digger

Weskers Shades;67539 said:
how is rebbeca last ? shs got loads of ammo and her flamethroweris easy to do heavy metal should be last.

I can get higher scores with Heavy Metal Chris, single and duo. Rebecca is just to weak... all of her melee attacks are weak becides the flamthrower.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I actually really like warrior chris except for the fact he looks like abit of a t!t. His shotgun is wikidly powerful and his rifle isn't that bad it still gets 1 shot kills 98% of the time. Heavy metal chris deserves to be at the bottom of that list. I haven't tried rebecca much so can't really comment on her.

SamuraiEdge

I'm ashamed to say this but I think Excella is the best of the new Merc's, She has the handgun which kills the majini instantly then the machine gun for melee attacks and the grenade launcher with 12 flash grenades, they are very handy. Her only fault is that her melee attacks are abit slow. Also Heavy Metal Chris is awesome just get out the Stun Rod and run up to the Majini strike them twice and then melee attack.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Iced Digger;67518 said:
Warrior Chris is... I don't know. I'm just not a big fan of him. Good shotgun, bad rifle... ok hadgun. Dosen't help that he looks very lame. I don't know, just something I don't really like about him...

... is it... his nipples? O_O

Feng-Hi

Iced Digger;67655 said:
I guess I'm the only fan of Heavy Metal Chris. Oh well...:rolleyes:

I enjoy HM Chris and probably play as him the most, I don't like the look of Sheva Fairytale but then where I can I don't play as Sheva anyway, not sure why!

Chris-BSAA

my list would be:
1-Excella
2-Rebecca
3-sheva fairytale
4-Chris Warrior
5-Barry
6-Josh
7-sheva business
8-Chris Heavy metal

Excella- Handgun-headshot-high heel. quick, one-hit kill. and with her you can kill the executioner pretty easy. shoot him 'till he's down and her 'disco spin' will do the rest.

Rebecca- same. flamespray rocks! and she has lots of ammo and first aid-spray

Sheva fairytale- she has all the things you can possibly need in mercenaries. machinegun, magnum and shotgun.

chris warrior- actually i only like him when you play with Barry or Rebecca, 'cause then he has 'rising upper' and 'hammer elbow'. in single player he sucks.

barry- strong melee moves, and a magnum for the sub-bosses.

sheva business- strong handgun, fast melee moves.

Josh- strong, but pretty slow melee-moves.

Chris Heavy Metal- only handy for making combos.

Iced Digger

I'm not really suprised that people enjoy Excella the most, I mean, she's amazing. I think she's one of the best duo characters. In the original Mercenaries I like STARS Chris because of the Granade Launcher, but I hated his machine gun... now there's a character with one and an excellent handgun. Sweet!

Oh, and just to clearify, I don't hate any of the characters, I'm just putting them in order of who I think is the best. So don't think I hate Rebecca, she just isn't my favorite.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
This is tough for me on my list.

But I think Rebecca has to be first on my list because of the flame spray and stun gun.

Barry next because of his Magnum attacks and his Samuria Edge.

3rd is Sheva Fairy Tale because she starts with 5 golden eggs, a handcannon, a machine gun, a shotgun, and she looks good in the outfit.

4th is Sheva Business because she can get high combos.

5th Excella Gione due to her ability to kill enemies in 1 melee hit, she gets the M93R, and she gets a Grenade Launcher

6th Josh Stone due to his rocket launcher and good melee attacks. As well as his shotun and pistol.

7th Chris Warrior. I don't play as him to much. I don't hate him or anything, but I just don't play as him as much.

8th Chris Heavy Metal. I don't hate him, but I just don't like to play as him that much. He is slow, inaccurate, hardly any melee kills, and takes a long time to kill a boss. I do play as him some times, but I play as the other characters more than him.

leon83

1.rebecca (got most kills and best combo ever with her :))
2.barry
3.sheva fairytale
4.chris warrior
5.josh
6.excella
7.sheva buisness
8.chris heavy metal

Iced Digger

The Major;67802 said:
8th Chris Heavy Metal. I don't hate him, but I just don't like to play as him that much. He is slow, inaccurate, hardly any melee kills, and takes a long time to kill a boss. I do play as him some times, but I play as the other characters more than him.

Getting used to the stun rod really helps. You can kill manji in about 2-3 hits, plus the gatling gun backpack can act as a shield, which works most of the time, as does the armor you begin with. I can get around 60-70 melee kills with it, so it's not as bad as many would think.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Barrys headbutt has put him in second place for me, warrior chris is in first just because I can bang out SS ranks with ease with him.

Iced Digger

aintnoscrub;67844 said:
Barrys headbutt has put him in second place for me, warrior chris is in first just because I can bang out SS ranks with ease with him.

I like Chris for the neck breaker, unfortunatly sometimes they switch the melee moves on you, causing "Uppercut" to become "Rising Uppercut", and "Neck Breaker" becomes "Hammer Blow". I like the original ones better, so I always hope I get those (I'm pretty sure theres no way to control it.

Just for fun I played with HM Chris solo and discarded my gatling gun, forcing me to use the stun rod and granades lol. I got 116 kils, a 13 kill combo, and 65,740. Not bad for no guns:lol:

Chris-BSAA

Iced Digger;67859 said:
I like Chris for the neck breaker, unfortunatly sometimes they switch the melee moves on you, causing "Uppercut" to become "Rising Uppercut", and "Neck Breaker" becomes "Hammer Blow". I like the original ones better, so I always hope I get those (I'm pretty sure theres no way to control it

youll get 'rising upper' and 'hammer elbow' when you play with Barry or Rebecca. same with josh's 'maximum straight', Rebecca's 'double flame spray', Barry's 'lights out', Excella's 'cross slap' and Sheva's 'double fang'.

Top Bottom