• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) The Cord!

Mr Sunshine

I think that there is only one cord in the RPD, which you can use in either the corridor of the licker scene or the corridor which leads to the basement. This way you block the windows and prevent the zombies from entering. However in scenario B the windows re-open and the zombies eventually get inside. My question is in what ways the cord benefits you. Can you use it in Scenario B? If you don't use in A, will zombies arrive at B? Does it have any sense to put it in the licker corridor since there are other ways? I'm confused!

Right, i'm not 100% on this, but i've played RE2 quite a few times, so i'm pretty sure it's somewhat accurate.

If you don't use the cord at all, then zombies will come out of both sets of windows, that being the licker corridoor and the one leading to the basement.

If you use it in either of the corridoors, the exact same corridoor is the one that seems to get overrun (which is a bit odd to me, it's like they ignore the fact the windows on the other side of the building are like, non existant)

So for example, if you used it in the licker corridoor, that one would be overrun, whilst the other one wouldn't.
You also get the cord VERY soon before the scene, so you don't have long to use it, and it always, always activates in the 2F library, so you have to activate it, there's no avoiding it.

You can't use it in the B game, it doesn't appear, but it does affect the B game in the same way the A game was affected, so ignoring the cord is not recommended unless you know what you're doing, as most people find the B game tricky enough as it is.

I think that's right anyway, hope that helped. ^^

Edit: Oh and yes, there's only one cord. =P

haha glad I helped. =P
But yeah, it's quite handy if you can evade zombies better in one area than the other or something, but it's best to avoid the cord for speedruns and stuff, but, if you're doing speedruns, you should know what you're doing. xD

L

Lurker
Cord? tst, i only beat it Leon a, Claire B, would the non-canon way change it?

Nah, the cord works the same way whichever A scenario you're on.
but you could always experiment with it, like, try it in one area once and see how the zombies are there, try it in the other on the next playthrough.
Because obviously, there are a few places you go through more than others, or places where the zombie layout is more to your liking. =]

tequila

Bottle Lover
There are times where I did get the cord in Game B. Usually it can be used so you can save ammo and not have to battle another set of zombies. Also, it usually deactivates itself when you've acquired all of the stones/chess pieces and is heading to the complete the puzzle to move on to the sewers. But unless u killed all the zombies in both corridors in Game A, from what I can remember, they won't appear in Game B. Then again, I can be wrong. :X

Top Bottom