• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Cartoon Thread

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
One cartoon I absolutely loved, though, was Wacky Races. With such a wide range of characters with unique quirks, it was always fun to watch. Dick Dastardly and Muttley really used to make me laugh. Again, probably predictably, Penelope Pitstop was my favourite, followed my Peter Perfect.
I'm so glad to see some love for Wacky Races! This show was so damn fun. And the DreamCast game was a blast. Did you ever watch the spin off? The Perils of Penelope Pitstop?

Oh, another cartoon that I fell in love with that I think doesn't get the credit it deserves. The Weekenders. Carver, Lor, Tino, and Trish. These four friends with wildly different personalities and backgrounds. Just...doing random fun things on the weekend. It sucks it doesn't seem as remembered, because at the time it came out it was given the title "The Show that Killed Pokemon" by a lot of outlets because it was the first time in I don't know HOW long that a kids show overtook Pokemon in the ratings department. Funnily enough, my biggest reason for loving the show was the characters CHANGED THEIR CLOTHES. Seriously...they didn't wear the same thing every episode. Since each episode was a different day of the weekend, their clothes changed each day. And it wasn't even the same three outfits every episode. They would all cycle between several outfits and that "realism" made young me so happy lol

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm so glad to see some love for Wacky Races! This show was so damn fun. And the DreamCast game was a blast. Did you ever watch the spin off? The Perils of Penelope Pitstop?

Oh, another cartoon that I fell in love with that I think doesn't get the credit it deserves. The Weekenders. Carver, Lor, Tino, and Trish. These four friends with wildly different personalities and backgrounds. Just...doing random fun things on the weekend. It sucks it doesn't seem as remembered, because at the time it came out it was given the title "The Show that Killed Pokemon" by a lot of outlets because it was the first time in I don't know HOW long that a kids show overtook Pokemon in the ratings department. Funnily enough, my biggest reason for loving the show was the characters CHANGED THEIR CLOTHES. Seriously...they didn't wear the same thing every episode. Since each episode was a different day of the weekend, their clothes changed each day. And it wasn't even the same three outfits every episode. They would all cycle between several outfits and that "realism" made young me so happy lol
I didn't, I didn't even know there was a spin off. I wish I had known about it!

Oh my god, I totally forgot about The Weekenders too! I used to watch that after school!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Today is May 9th. Goku day…And one of my favorite days of the year. Forever my hero, from my earliest memories. He has shown me strength, not only in his fights and power, but also in so many more way. In the way he always gets back up. In the mindset of being ever optimistic, even in situations where you should be scared or uncomfortable. Even in his casual disregard for social norms in favor of just being yourself to the world around you. Kakarot may be a warrior…But Son Goku is a hero.

Happy Goku day everybody.

original.png

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am 100% a Goku guy. He is the hero that the series deserved even though I was ready for Gohan to take over the mantle.

I get why people are excited to see Vegeta grow and become more powerful - especially now that he is firmly on the side of good. But I will always be looking forward to Goku being the star. He has always been the inspirational leader for the series and deserves the mantle as the hero. But it would be nice to see other characters thrive too.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I am 100% a Goku guy. He is the hero that the series deserved even though I was ready for Gohan to take over the mantle.

I get why people are excited to see Vegeta grow and become more powerful - especially now that he is firmly on the side of good. But I will always be looking forward to Goku being the star. He has always been the inspirational leader for the series and deserves the mantle as the hero. But it would be nice to see other characters thrive too.
A man after my own heart. He's my hero.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Is anyone aware that they play Rugrats and Hey Arnold late at night?
I’ve been falling asleep to these shows the past few nights now. :p

So many memories. I wish they’d make DVD sets of some of the shows I used to watch.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is anyone aware that they play Rugrats and Hey Arnold late at night?
I’ve been falling asleep to these shows the past few nights now. :p

So many memories. I wish they’d make DVD sets of some of the shows I used to watch.
I must've been the only kid from this era that wasn't a Nickelodeon watcher. I don't remember ANY of those shows except for Kablam! and Legends of the Hidden Temple.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The fact that you even remember Kablam! is a testament to your memory. What a weird show. I enjoyed it.

After a certain time, I was a SNICK kind of guy and basically watched the preteen shows at the time: Pete and Pete, All That, Kenan and Kel, and my PERSONAL favorite - Are You Afraid Of The Dark? I thought I was so mature for watching that show. And when I visit reruns of it, I can confirm that I indeed WAS. That show is legit scary sometimes. If anyone knows some children they'd like to shock and scare - watch The Tale Of The Night Shift to see the scariest vampire makeup of all time.

I liked Goosebumps too. Collected a LOT of them.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I used to love Are You Afraid of the Dark? too!

I remember the dollhouse episode and the little ghost boy who haunted the woods. I know you can find some episodes online.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Looks like you can buy each season for $6.99 on Amazon. Maybe in October, I'll give it a show. The dollhouse episode was REAL creepy. Getting stuck alone forever was a real nightmare for me as a child.

There was also an episode in a high school pool that HORRIFIED me.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I watched those too! Action League Now was the bomb. :biggrin:
Action League Now was definitely the best part XD

The fact that you even remember Kablam! is a testament to your memory. What a weird show. I enjoyed it.

After a certain time, I was a SNICK kind of guy and basically watched the preteen shows at the time: Pete and Pete, All That, Kenan and Kel, and my PERSONAL favorite - Are You Afraid Of The Dark? I thought I was so mature for watching that show. And when I visit reruns of it, I can confirm that I indeed WAS. That show is legit scary sometimes. If anyone knows some children they'd like to shock and scare - watch The Tale Of The Night Shift to see the scariest vampire makeup of all time.

I liked Goosebumps too. Collected a LOT of them.
Oh! I used to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark! I didn't realize that was Nick.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah, Are You Afraid Of The Dark was on SNICK which was Saturday night shows from like 8 PM to 10 PM. It was Nick's viewing for older preteens and young adults. It contained shows like:

• Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
  • Clarissa Explains It All
  • The Secret World of Alex Mack
  • Ren and Stimpy
  • All That
  • Kenan and Kel
  • Space Cases
  • The Adventures of Pete and Pete
  • Kablam!
It was later changed to TEENnick and had a lot of other shows. But when I was 10 or 11, I would ensure I was home for SNICK so I didn't miss all of the my favorite shows. I guess the TV did a lot of parenting for my parents. haha

Top Bottom