• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Age Old Question

Which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek

• Star Wars

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Star Trek

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Screw Both-Firefly Is Where It's At

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The question that has been around since we invented the warp drive to hyper space...Which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek...Anybody who's anybody in the world of basements nerds has an answer to this question...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have watched one or two Star Wars films, and a some episodes of Star Trek.
I became a Star Wars fan before I had watched the first film, and I have never been disappointed. I never became fan of Star Trek, but it was okay (barely).

My impression is:
Star Trek = quantity.
Star Wars = quality.

I go for quality of course.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Star Wars, baby. ;)
Man...Flora...All of your recent posts lately have me falling in love with you ;)

I have watched one or two Star Wars films, and a some episodes of Star Trek.
I became a Star Wars fan before I had watched the first film, and I have never been disappointed. I never became fan of Star Trek, but it was okay (barely).

My impression is:
Star Trek = quantity.
Star Wars = quality.

I go for quality of course.
Romeo, you couldn't be more right...

Mod edit: Merged.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I think both are vastly overrated.

Star trek tries to be too Clever, and Star Wars tries to be too rock n roll.

What we need to do is get capcom to get their chubby little fingersout their chubby little asses, and make a

( star trek vs star wars ) fighting game.

Star trek to me, was always about what people wished could happen or look forward to happening in the future... i.e, the telacommunication device in ST, was basically a mobile phone before the concept even remotely looked like a possibility.

SW was more like taking the good and bad points of earth and throwing it into space. good vs bad... a universal struggle n blah blah...

When it comes to Sci Fi.... there is only one man you need to concern yourself with..............

where SW tries to be rock n roll.....

Flash, is ....wait...

FLAAAAASHHH! is more..... Rock Opera.

Nevermind the betterment of mankind ST

or allll the DRAMA that comes with the force and using it for the good of all, SW.

Nevermind the bollox, just save the universe and get the chick.......All in a days work.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think both are vastly overrated.

Star trek tries to be too Clever, and Star Wars tries to be too rock n roll.

What we need to do is get capcom to get their chubby little fingersout their chubby little asses, and make a

( star trek vs star wars ) fighting game.

Star trek to me, was always about what people wished could happen or look forward to happening in the future... i.e, the telacommunication device in ST, was basically a mobile phone before the concept even remotely looked like a possibility.

SW was more like taking the good and bad points of earth and throwing it into space. good vs bad... a universal struggle n blah blah...

When it comes to Sci Fi.... there is only one man you need to concern yourself with..............

where SW tries to be rock n roll.....

Flash, is ....wait...

FLAAAAASHHH! is more..... Rock Opera.

Nevermind the betterment of mankind ST

or allll the DRAMA that comes with the force and using it for the good of all, SW.

Nevermind the bollox, just save the universe and get the chick.......All in a days work.
Luke Skywalker could kick Flash Gordon's ass...Hell...The newest Dr. Who could kick Flash Gordons ass ;) respectfully of course xD

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
Luke Skywalker could kick Flash Gordon's ass...Hell...The newest Dr. Who could kick Flash Gordons ass ;) respectfully of course xD
Luke Skywalker was a needy child, who grew into a manchild who couldnt punch his way out a wet paper bag.

As for DR Who... he's just a Dick.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I liek them all but Firefly should never have been cancelled - what an utterly awesome show.

Star Wars (the original and proper ones, not the new crappy ones) beats Star Trek for me but I'll happily watch either. Just as soon as I get bored of re-watching Firefly episodes...

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
How is this even a real question? Star Wars

!
demotivational-posters-the-dark-side.jpg

This is actually the defining line between geek and nerd. Star Trek=Nerd and Star Wars=Geek!

Vergil'sBitch

RE Chicken s**t
Star Trek... Gene Roddenberry was a visionary. Heck, he had a 'russian' navigator at the helm of the Enterprise when the tv series was broadcast at the time of the cold war.
He even gave tv the first ever multi-racial on screen kiss between Kirk and Uhura. He had an idea that different races could live together without fighting (and that a male captain could get any woman he wanted without a risk of STI's)

Yeah, by that answer, I'm a huge Star Trek fan.
IMO The two can't be compared.

Hoady

I have never watched Star Trek, just a few mini clips on youtube.

Star Wars is overrated imo, i watched some of the older ones and think 'wtf?' but i guess it was incredible for its time. The only Star Wars i really like is the 1st one..the phantom menace. Which all the Star geeks hate.. Yeah Jar Jar is a bit of a dick but he isn't that bad, what about the goofy dwarf looking prick with giant black eyes in the older ones?

Some Star Wars games were sick though.

AusyAndy

I chose Firefly. I love(d) that show.

But between Star Wars and Star Trek, I prefer Star Trek because there's at least some variety between the different series', and the universe has so much more than that of Star Wars. And I seriously just can't stand Star Wars, everything about it makes me cringe, and I just find it so painfully boring.

Top Bottom