• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Superior DNA of Wesker?

Mr Sunshine

We all heard Wesker in the game claiming that the uroburos virus chooses only those with superior DNA. The rest end up in a tentacle like form. But what about him? When he injected the virus to himself a part of his body had tentacles. Did the virus denied The One and Only Wesker as well? :confused:

bruno

Chief Researcher
There is no official info about this, but I have a theory.
As i said in this thread:
(this may be confusing if you don't know some biology knowledge, but the important is the part in bold)
Imagine that Wesker only wants people with a certain genetic characteristic A, which is always associated with another genetic characteristic B. Imagine that the B gene induces the production of a certain enzyme that doesn't allow the virus to consume your body (turning it into leeches/tentacles).
In that case, all the people with the B gene will survive, and all of those have the A gene, which is what Wesker is looking for.
If that is the case, then possibly, a person with these characteristics will not be consumed by the virus, even if an infected one tries to consume them, so the survivors wouldn't mind about the non-survivors. Of course, if this was Wesker's plan, the entire biosphere would be destroyed leading to the survivors' death, but maybe the virus' activity would stop some time after one is infected, so all the monsters would only be alive for some hours.
Of course, Wesker would be smart enough to chose a genetical characteristic he had himself (he wanted to be a god), so i'm 100% sure he was compatible with Uroboros (surely he knew his own genetic makeup).
Maybe he only got consumed by the virus (partially) because the concentration was too high, and his body didn't have time to produce enough "B-enzyme", but eventually, he was able to overpass it.

I suppose he didn't inject the virus on himself.
When the plane landed, Wesker lands close to the Uroboros missiles, which probably leaked, so he was infected. Remember that those missiles had enough virus to contamine the entire world, so one small leak had that effect on Wesker.

Hoady

I can't remember how it goes but Wesker says"So i have been manufactured?" when Spencer says something about the Wesker children.I assumed by that he was obviously born with some special characteristics in mind rather from someone who is purely born.I thought maybe thats how he was worthy for the virus, I don't know what the goal was with the Wesker children but they weren't brought in without a reason. Then I'm guessing he engineered it much better towards his needs and how his body would cope.

O(+>

Hoady;74705 said:
I can't remember how it goes but Wesker says"So i have been manufactured?" when Spencer says something about the Wesker children.I assumed by that he was obviously born with some special characteristics in mind rather from someone who is purely born.I thought maybe thats how he was worthy for the virus, I don't know what the goal was with the Wesker children but they weren't brought in without a reason. Then I'm guessing he engineered it much better towards his needs and how his body would cope.

Your sig is making me ROFLcopter.
Anyhoo, I think it's like you say, he engineered it to suit him, ergo he had control over it unlike everyone else infected with it in the game.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Wesker just happens to be one of those very rare individuals whose genetic trait has the ability to coexist with a virus.

He wasn't able to completely absorb the Uroboros virus thus the incomplete form with a part of him covered in tentacles.

You also have to remember that he was injected twice by Chris with the special serum which acted like a poison and weakened the W-virus in his body.

Well, they never really showed what someone was suppose to look like when the virus accepted them. All they showed was the people rejected. (Inless they've showed it in that new RE5.)Not to mention we don't know if he was already infected with Uroburos himself. He didn't inject himself at the end he had it wrap around his body as if he could already control it.

...Just my two cents anyways. If I made a mistake or got any information wrong, it's because I haven't played the new one yet.

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
In fact, Uroboros Mkono, the one you encounter in Chapter 5-3, showed like the virus had accepted his DNA, showing a regeneration of the wounds in his body in a matter of 2-3 seconds and the eyes becoming identical to those of Wesker.

This means the individuals who'd have the rare genetic trait of becoming recognized by Uroboros, would have immortality, plus the bonus abilities.

Wesker could automatically switch his frame rate per second view of the world, from tens of seconds to that of a normal human and go to those of hundreds of frames per second - close to the world view by birds.

That's why Wesker seems to teleport, when he's merely that fast the eye of a normal human can't distinguish that.

Top Bottom