• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Super Secret Resident Evil 7 News Leaked!

JillsPimp

The Armorer
Well if your reading this, you have quickly figured out I know nothing, no does my buddy in Copenhagen. But my super secret squirrel informant... knows nothing either.

I figure 7 will introduce Alice from the movies into the games that way they can easily get people to watcht he movies and play the games. More gimmick then what its worth. But I will gladly buy and play 7 if/when it comes out.

Anyone else got some opinions they wanna share?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey, They made resident evil 6 xD
Which isn't NEAR as bad as everyone likes to pretend it is...The biggest problem was that the game was seriously over hyped. I intentionally stayed away from all the hype. Didn't watch ANY trailers, cutscenes, or even read anything about the game (Save for little tidbits I saw on here by mistake) all for the sake of getting to experience the game with NO preconceived notions, good or bad. And I must say, because of doing it that way, I think RE6 is one of the single best entries into the series...

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
Which isn't NEAR as bad as everyone likes to pretend it is...The biggest problem was that the game was seriously over hyped. I intentionally stayed away from all the hype. Didn't watch ANY trailers, cutscenes, or even read anything about the game (Save for little tidbits I saw on here by mistake) all for the sake of getting to experience the game with NO preconceived notions, good or bad. And I must say, because of doing it that way, I think RE6 is one of the single best entries into the series...
AT LAST! Someone agrees with me. I happen to think Re6 is one of the best out there.I really don´t get it why people bitch about it anyway...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
AT LAST! Someone agrees with me. I happen to think Re6 is one of the best out there.I really don´t get it why people bitch about it anyway...
I could say the same to you. I can't believe someone on here besides me likes RE6. I got depressed earlier because I was in a game store and it was $9...People bitch because the game got REALLY over hyped, because Capcom leaked almost every cutscene, because we knew who Carla Radames was 4 months before the game dropped Ect. Ect. Not because the game ITSELF was bad, but because Capcom advertised it terribly.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I liked RE6 as well. Some aspects of the story confused me as far as some choices they made about certain character's lives (ie, Chris's introduction to his campaign, etc) but overall I thought it was pretty alright. I did like Chris's campaign anyway, though mostly because of Piers, and I also liked Jake's campaign. Leon's was ok, and Ada's was ok. But overall enjoyable.

I do hope they don't bring Alice into the games, even if it IS just as a Mercs character as it has been rumored. While I would love for Albert Wesker to return, I doubt it will happen, but I do look forward to this new mystery character possibly being Alex Wesker :3. We will see.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I quite like RE6 myself. My biggest complaints lie almost solely in Chris' campaign, but that's only one campaign! I think that I may even have more time logged into it's Mercenaries mode than both the previous games combined.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Capcom are desperate for money and will do whatever it takes to make money, the rumor of Alice being in the game is also joined with the Wesker returning rumor, because the movies make loads of money and the last game Wesker was in is the best selling game in the franchise.
So Capcom must believe that both Alice and Wesker are money cows that need to be milked to save their asses.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I could say the same to you. I can't believe someone on here besides me likes RE6. I got depressed earlier because I was in a game store and it was $9...People bitch because the game got REALLY over hyped, because Capcom leaked almost every cutscene, because we knew who Carla Radames was 4 months before the game dropped Ect. Ect. Not because the game ITSELF was bad, but because Capcom advertised it terribly.

I liked the game and you're way off... While too much information was one of the MANY complaints, it was hardly the central issue with the game. It was a straightforward, action packed, buggy mess. While co-op moments were significantly improved, its design wasn't. Exploration was completely omitted from the game's design. Your path is quite literally in front of you with no need to deviate from it, even for just a quick second. Yep, it just got even more straightforward than RE4 and 5. Who knew? Stealth should have also never been attempted.

On top of the regular combat feeling buggy and unbalanced, most of the vehicle segments were also very poorly done. While I took no issue with the camera (but still adjusted it to my liking post update), running segments, and the awkward cover mechanic, most people did. Oh, and that Simmons fight went on for too long just to be repeated later in Ada's tedious chapter 5... Oh and let's not forget the burden that was Jake Muller, the stupidity that was Carla Radames, and the overall lack of Leon/Chris moments.

Leon's campaign was also a huge slap to survival horror fans because of how pointless the first 15 minutes were. Being forced to walk in a dark atmosphere is not scary at all. The rest of his campaign had extremely dumbed down elements from the past sprinkled in just so they can say it had the elements while the majority of the game was a Michael Bay film. Capcom deserves a huge "F*ck You" for that one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Resident Evil 6 was just too ambitious for its own good. They tried to implement too many ideas and appeal to multiple audiences and the result alienated its core fanbase in favor of another while leaving the product without polish. It's been said that the easiest way to fail is by trying to please everyone and that's exactly what happened with Resident Evil 6.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I really like Milla Jovovich, but sorry...just NO! I would stop playing Resident evil series if they put her in. Her place is to be in movies, not video games.

Oh...btw didn't they said appearance will make two girls and one guy, They said also one of them is character we haven't seen in ages

-Sorry for my poor english

Last edited:

Evil Yuna

"I will live without...false hope."
t's been said that the easiest way to fail is by trying to please everyone and that's exactly what happened with Resident Evil 6.

Well, if they tried to please just a few or the majority of their fans,perhaps the results would be the same.Either way, no one is ever satisfied with anything these days right?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well, if they tried to please just a few or the majority of their fans,perhaps the results would be the same.Either way, no one is ever satisfied with anything these days right?

Not true. It's not like RE6 is a case of people not knowing when they have something good. There are legit problems with that game as both a video game and a Resident Evil entry. If the game was cut down and polished well, you wouldn't be getting the same complaints you are now.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I liked the game and you're way off... While too much information was one of the MANY complaints, it was hardly the central issue with the game. It was a straightforward, action packed, buggy mess. While co-op moments were significantly improved, its design wasn't. Exploration was completely omitted from the game's design. Your path is quite literally in front of you with no need to deviate from it, even for just a quick second. Yep, it just got even more straightforward than RE4 and 5. Who knew? Stealth should have also never been attempted.

On top of the regular combat feeling buggy and unbalanced, most of the vehicle segments were also very poorly done. While I took no issue with the camera (but still adjusted it to my liking post update), running segments, and the awkward cover mechanic, most people did. Oh, and that Simmons fight went on for too long just to be repeated later in Ada's tedious chapter 5... Oh and let's not forget the burden that was Jake Muller, the stupidity that was Carla Radames, and the overall lack of Leon/Chris moments.

Leon's campaign was also a huge slap to survival horror fans because of how pointless the first 15 minutes were. Being forced to walk in a dark atmosphere is not scary at all. The rest of his campaign had extremely dumbed down elements from the past sprinkled in just so they can say it had the elements while the majority of the game was a Michael Bay film. Capcom deserves a huge "F*ck You" for that one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Resident Evil 6 was just too ambitious for its own good. They tried to implement too many ideas and appeal to multiple audiences and the result alienated its core fanbase in favor of another while leaving the product without polish. It's been said that the easiest way to fail is by trying to please everyone and that's exactly what happened with Resident Evil 6.
But my point here is that all the preconceived notions DUE to the leaked information guaranteed the games failure before it even LAUNCHED. People hated RE6 before it ever came out because based on everything Capcom leaked, they formed massive opinions. Now, I'm not saying that the opinions aren't based on things they would LATER find out to be facts, but at the end of the day, the game was doomed from there start NOT because of everything you mentioned. But because people could notice everything you mentioned before the game even came OUT.

Turo602

The King of Kings
But my point here is that all the preconceived notions DUE to the leaked information guaranteed the games failure before it even LAUNCHED. People hated RE6 before it ever came out because based on everything Capcom leaked, they formed massive opinions. Now, I'm not saying that the opinions aren't based on things they would LATER find out to be facts, but at the end of the day, the game was doomed from there start NOT because of everything you mentioned. But because people could notice everything you mentioned before the game even came OUT.

Yeah, but it's the same with any game. It's not like people buy games without having a clue what it is anymore. It wasn't up until people got to play the demo that came with Dragon's Dogma that everyone started talking sh*t. They got to play the game and they had all the same complaints they do now, plus the screen tearing issue. So yeah, it wasn't just bitching due to information overload. You can't expect a game to release without anyone knowing what it is first, even if they did go overboard on the trailers, which wasn't even a huge factor in the sh*t storm.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, but it's the same with any game. It's not like people buy games without having a clue what it is anymore. It wasn't up until people got to play the demo that came with Dragon's Dogma that everyone started talking sh*t. They got to play the game and they had all the same complaints they do now, plus the screen tearing issue. So yeah, it wasn't just bitching due to information overload. You can't expect a game to release without anyone knowing what it is first, even if they did go overboard on the trailers, which wasn't even a huge factor in the sh*t storm.
Yeah, but I think there is a fine line between releasing two or three teaser trailers, and showing more than an hours worth of cutscenes before the game drops. Or a couple hours of Gameplay rather than just little tidbits during the Teasers. IDK. Maybe internet is making being a traditional style gamer harder...

Top Bottom