• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Subliminal Messages?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Subliminal stimuli ( /sʌbˈlɪmɨnəl/; literally "below threshold"), contrary to supraliminal stimuli or "above threshold", are any sensory stimuli below an individual's threshold for conscious perception.

Subliminal Messages have been "seen" every where...Or have they...Supposedly in Disney movies, when you play songs backwards, commercials, products, and even certain architecture are rumored to contain subliminal messages...

What do you guys thing about Subliminal Messages? Are they real? Do they effectively work on humans? Is it Satan's minions at work, or is it simply a way to sell a product?

Meg

So bin ich eben
Subliminal stimuli ( /sʌbˈlɪmɨnəl/; literally "below threshold"), contrary to supraliminal stimuli or "above threshold", are any sensory stimuli below an individual's threshold for conscious perception.

Subliminal Messages have been "seen" every where...Or have they...Supposedly in Disney movies, when you play songs backwards, commercials, products, and even certain architecture are rumored to contain subliminal messages...

What do you guys thing about Subliminal Messages? Are they real? Do they effectively work on humans? Is it Satan's minions at work, or is it simply a way to sell a product?
Some of that stuff can be real, sure. But if you look hard enough for something, you're going to find it even if it isn't "really" there. I prefer to not over think things.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Ehhh, it's hard to say how I feel about subliminal messages. I think there are some out there, but most of them are crap. I don't believe a lot of the supposed "subliminal messages".

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Can't say I've ever gone all River Tam but if I see an advert for a drink then sure, I want one. That's subliminal, right? Just so I've got the right idea?

I studied media for a couple of years and now I cannot watch TV, look at a magazine or see a film without immediately listing the connotations and denotations within the media I am viewing. Obviously, I don't do this out loud because that would make me a crazy person. Well, an overtly-crazy person at least.

The power of suggestion is stronger for some than others - which is why so-called mind magicians will ensure that they have selected a group of people with the right perceptive qualities to be subject to their particular machinations.

Haha - check out my big words thar.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Commercials are really good at subliminal messages. Especially beverage commercials, they certainly make you feel thirsty after the ad is over with, even if they don't show the actual product. Other than that, the whole backwards songs having messages, satanic stuff is total bs imo. :)

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Commercials are really good at subliminal messages. Especially beverage commercials, they certainly make you feel thirsty after the ad is over with, even if they don't show the actual product. Other than that, the whole backwards songs having messages, satanic stuff is total bs imo. :)
How can you say satanic stuff is bs? If you believe in the bible, then you believe the Devil is just as real as Jesus and God.

Other than that, I agree that commercials are often times where subliminal messages can be found. Coke, McDonalds, so on.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
How can you say satanic stuff is bs? If you believe in the bible, then you believe the Devil is just as real as Jesus and God.

Other than that, I agree that commercials are often times where subliminal messages can be found. Coke, McDonalds, so on.

I just don't agree with the hype when it comes to songs like these...

The second link is pretty much laughable. I think people get scared too easily and are too gullible. I also don't agree that music and/or video games will make you violent due to the "subliminal" messages. It's their upbringing, not what they're playing or listening to. Some of the nicest people I know listen to slipknot, slayer, play the most violent video games... and some of the most violent people I know don't do any of these things, but had abusive parents and/or a bad upbringing.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I can be so incredible stubborn and defiant. And I'm very much aware of marketing and I don't want them to control what I buy. When I see an ad for something, I often think I do NOT want that, and if it's a type of product I can't live without I'll look for an alternative brand or just continue to use whatever I have been using so far. If Coke wants me to drink their Coca Cola they should advertise for Pepsi Cola. But most likely I'm just gonna buy coffee anyway, so yeah...

I'm a difficult target for the marketing people. I'm sure they get me sometimes but not too often.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I KNEW IT! All the more reason to like Christina Perri. ;)

Hahaha I'm a Hayley Fangirl, don't hate now don't hate! ;)

Anywho, sure there may be people out there who try to make "evil" subliminal messages, but do I believe in them? No. Why is this? Because I don't think a normal human being can make something truly evil, especially without knowing it. Do I think there is evil in the world? Yes everyday I see evil doings. Evil is subjective though, and even atheists believe in Evil, Morality, and right and wrong. It's just something that is put in front of us everyday, there's horrible people out there in the world, and too many things going on to worry about such silly things like hidden satanic messages. :p

Meg

So bin ich eben
Hahaha I'm a Hayley Fangirl, don't hate now don't hate! ;)

Anywho, sure there may be people out there who try to make "evil" subliminal messages, but do I believe in them? No. Why is this? Because I don't think a normal human being can make something truly evil, especially without knowing it. Do I think there is evil in the world? Yes everyday I see evil doings. Evil is subjective though, and even atheists believe in Evil, Morality, and right and wrong. It's just something that is put in front of us everyday, there's horrible people out there in the world, and too many things going on to worry about such silly things like hidden satanic messages. :p
Thing is, the brain tries to make something out of nothing. That's why people hear stuff when a song is played backward. It's actually gibberish, but the brain doesn't like gibberish, so it forces it to sound like something.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Thing is, the brain tries to make something out of nothing. That's why people hear stuff when a song is played backward. It's actually gibberish, but the brain doesn't like gibberish, so it forces it to sound like something.

Exactly My dear Watson! This is why on those ghost shows when they play all that gibberish bs back on their laptops they make wording out of it.. When in fact it doesn't sound at all like what they're thinking! I always laugh when I hear said recording,and what it's trying to "say"... Yeah "BLURG GRRR HURR" sure does sound like "I'm watching you my deary!"

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I just don't agree with the hype when it comes to songs like these...

Satanism had infiltrated the music industry a long time ago. This video should clear things up.

The second link is pretty much laughable. I think people get scared too easily and are too gullible. I also don't agree that music and/or video games will make you violent due to the "subliminal" messages. It's their upbringing, not what they're playing or listening to. Some of the nicest people I know listen to slipknot, slayer, play the most violent video games... and some of the most violent people I know don't do any of these things, but had abusive parents and/or a bad upbringing.

This can be difficult. It would seem to vary from person to person, although upbringing is the most likely case. Games don't need to do anything subliminally. They already do everything straight to your face.

The glorification of violence, hate, crime, lust, and only God knows what else is shoved in your face.

Having said that, there is indeed such a thing as satanism. And it's not harmless, like many out there choose to believe.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Satanism had infiltrated the music industry a long time ago. This video should clear things up.

This can be difficult. It would seem to vary from person to person, although upbringing is the most likely case. Games don't need to do anything subliminally. They already do everything straight to your face.

The glorification of violence, hate, crime, lust, and only God knows what else is shoved in your face.

Having said that, there is indeed such a thing as satanism. And it's not harmless, like many out there choose to believe.

Well, I guess Katy Perry has taken over my soul with her song "I kissed a girl and I liked it." I was already kissing girls and liking it before that song came out though. I personally think that if you truly believe this stuff and fear it... THAT is in fact what Satan wants you to do. God teaches you not to fear, President Kennedy had a wonderful quote, and he was a devoted Catholic... I believe it went something like this "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." He's right. Fear causes so many horrible things like violence, cults, racism, sexism and homophobia. I think if we cut fear out of the picture then there will be a lot less violence and hate in the world.

Like Yoda says "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." He's a great mentor, and Star wars has a lot of Christian "subliminal" messages that are GOOD in fact. So does Harry Potter, you should definitely check it out. As long as you have hate and or fear in your heart you can go nowhere with God. :)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I switched the video because I found the previous one contained what even I found hard to believe.

Oh? Well maybe it's because these subliminal messages are man made and not of Satan. These videos seem to encourage fear within music, and that's never good. Music has been proven to do a lot of wonderful things to the human body, ever heard of music therapy? It's amazing what it can do and how it can HEAL people who have brain damage. I plan on doing that once I have the time and money as I love helping people and I love playing music.

I'd suggest to you to stop trying to look for the bad things within this world, because life is only so long and try to cherish the good in life. Look at your own plate before you look at others and try poking your finger in their food. It helps you and others in the end. Trust me, you'll be thanking me because you'll be so much happier! :)

Meg

So bin ich eben
I'm gonna end this debate right now. In America, we have freedom of speech. People can say what they want whether you like what they say or not. Bam.

EDIT: I listen to music as a time of therapy everyday. It works wonders and just about everything I listen to would be considered "Satanic" by some. :rolleyes:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm gonna end this debate right now. In America, we have freedom of speech. People can say what they want whether you like what they say or not. Bam.

I found this debate quite healthy, but I do agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, including silverback, but I have some opinions I keep to myself, and I think everyone should go by that motto. If you have nothing nice to say, or if you have something you feel as though the majority will disagree with, and YOU'RE not 100% sure of your opinion either, then keep it to yeself. ;)

Not trying to offend anyone btw, I enjoy a good healthy debate from time to time. It's good for people to share their differences.

Top Bottom