• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Story weirdness

mert20004

Remake 2 it's in the end Canon, for me the original is canon and the remake it's none, but officially capcom list it as canon

Also re 1 and remake have the same problem of re 2 remake, the two scenario are non Canon, because the canon story say that jill barry Rebecca and Chris all visited the mansion simultaneously and escaped but none of this is seen in the remake or in the original, yet the game is Canon

Also remaking dosent mean to make the story exactly the same as the original, movie like the thing, Scarface and the departed are all remake yet the story its almost completely different from the original source
Sorry dude but you're wrong. I'm not gonna bother explaining more since ı did enough.

I gave you source already and yet you say " Capcom say bull**** " . No they dont, they dont consider this game canon end of story.

Not to mention, for a weird reason; you bring up re1 and remake while moving the goalposts even though they have nothing to do with this since we're talking about re2 and re2 remake here.

Believe what you want, smh.

D

Deleted member 21244

Sorry dude but you're wrong. I'm not gonna bother explaining more since ı did enough.

I gave you source already and yet you say " Capcom say bull**** " . No they dont, they dont consider this game canon end of story.

Not to mention, for a weird reason; you bring up re1 and remake while moving the goalposts even though they have nothing to do with this since we're talking about re2 and re2 remake here.

Believe what you want, smh.
Dude don't be so rude, and try to be right on everything like a 10 year old kid...
I was just saying that Capcom say bull**** because they always contradict themself and you act like you are trying to defend you mother

Also the video you posted prove nothing since Capcom didn't say that re 2 remake isn't canon, they simply say that it's a re imagination of re 2, but they didn't talk about Canon and non Canon

Also i talk about re 1 abs remake because you take resdident evil canon too serious, while re Canon is always been a mess and re 1 is the proof

Capcom consider both re 2 remake and 3 remake Canon unless they would have say that it's non canon something they never say in any interview
The only non Canon game of the new entry is resistance https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...stance-is-not-actually-canon-confirms-capcom/
Here they confirm that re 2 and 3 remake are Canon and they essentially created a new timeline

And also:
https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/A...l-2-original-is-no-longer-canon--557885.phtml

Last edited by a moderator:

mert20004

That tweet doesnt confirm that re2 remake replaced re2's story. Capcom is mentioning that game at that point cause it's a very recent game and there are many new fans to the franchise whose 1st game was re2 remake. It's the same reason why they use some footage from it like images and character models. And " the new timeline " statement is just nonsense and false.

Re2 is the definitive canon here. Re2 remake and memories of a lost city are reimaginings. There are some aspects of them which can be taken as canon but they are not full replacements. Those 2 games arent non-canon in the same way as reorc are, that game is full non-canon compared to those 2 where you can take some aspects of them as canon but regardless this doesnt change the fact that re2 is the main canon one.

Re1 remake's situation is different from re2 remake, when that game was made; the timeline didnt move forward that much; the games were stuck in 1998 timelinewise. And it's a full remake that replaces re1. Not to mention, re1 didnt have scenarios that connected to each other; re2 however had.

D

Deleted member 21244

That tweet doesnt confirm that re2 remake replaced re2's story. Capcom is mentioning that game at that point cause it's a very recent game and there are many new fans to the franchise whose 1st game was re2 remake. It's the same reason why they use some footage from it like images and character models. And " the new timeline " statement is just nonsense and false.

Re2 is the definitive canon here. Re2 remake and memories of a lost city are reimaginings. There are some aspects of them which can be taken as canon but they are not full replacements. Those 2 games arent non-canon in the same way as reorc are, that game is full non-canon compared to those 2 where you can take some aspects of them as canon but regardless this doesnt change the fact that re2 is the main canon one.

Re1 remake's situation is different from re2 remake, when that game was made; the timeline didnt move forward that much; the games were stuck in 1998 timelinewise. And it's a full remake that replaces re1. Not to mention, re1 didnt have scenarios that connected to each other; re2 however had.
Re 2 remake is part of Canon now , it just don't take re 2 original out of Canon, we have two re 2 now, ans they are both Canon, like metal gear solid 1 and it's remake the twin snake both are Canon

Re operation raccon city is non Canon and it's a what if game like resident evil resistance

Re 1 remake dosent replace re 1, they are both Canon

mert20004

Yeah but re2 remake isnt as canon as re2 since it's a reimagining; not a replacement. My point stands about re2 being the definitive canon.

And re1 remake replaces re1; there's no reason why it shouldnt since storywise it's an improvement over re1 in every way. Some small aspects of re1 might be canon but storywise; re1 remake is the definitive canon one. Re1 and remake retelling of umbrella chronicles are equally canon; some small aspects of them can be taken as canon but that still doesnt make remake less canon than the other 2.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Also i talk about re 1 abs remake because you take resdident evil canon too serious, while re Canon is always been a mess and re 1 is the proof

Agreed if I'm being honest. Resident Evil cannon has always been messed up and at the end of the day it's really not that big of a deal. You can play through the originals and the remakes/remasters and get a pretty good idea of what's going on in the universe. Sure, some things might change here and there but you get the point.

Just enjoy the games guys, that's why they are made.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The canon is always a mess. Always has been. We have to double think certain things. I feel like they really missed an opportunity to go deeper in to the lore and they instead just gave us a really fun great game (RE2 specifically).

REmake added so much and made the lore better!

Top Bottom