• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stop the complainings

BioRAT

Collector
Is it just me who gets so annoyed when people writes comments like "the only good re games were re1 and 2" for example? I see it all the time on facebook, it's like people just like the page just to complain. If you are a member here or like the re page on fb just to complain about all the new games then you probably have to face that you don't like re anymore, am I right?

If you only liked the first games then I guess you are still sitting with your ps1 and gameboy and haven't realised that ps3' 3DS or 360 exists yet. Of course the re games are different now, welcome to the year of 2000 were HD graphic were invented. Re can't look like it did before, less people would probably buy it then 'cause most people like action games with awesome graphics.

I love all re games, the 5th game was so fun to play because you could finaly play re in co-op and it gave me a chance to make my friends interested in the series, and I loved to see Cherry again in RE6.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You said it perfectly. It's not like I never complain, but I still love RE as it is and I can't understand people who feel the need to repeat again and again how much they think everything sucks. It's one thing to share one's opinion after being asked (personally or in a thread / Facebook post that addresses everyone), but it's another thing to force it on other people or just annoy them with threads like this.
It's been the same with Tomb Raider ever since it's developed by Crystal Dynamics and no longer by Core Design. Every time a new game is announced, some hardcore old-school fans come out of their graves just to tell everyone how much better the Core games were. It makes me think: Why don't you just go and play those then? No one forces you to play the new games! And then, when you tell them to shut up, they complain about how you don't allow them to have their own opinion... As if they weren't doing exactly the same thing to you every time you say you like the new games.
But I've stopped arguing with those haters a long time ago. It doesn't make much more sense than talking to a wall anyway.

BioRAT

Collector
We are all different and everyone can't like the same things. But it's like you said, if you only like the old Re or TR then go ans play the old games then and ignore the new games. Complaining about the new games don't lead anywere, it is only patetic and annoying to does who acually likes the games.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
With the exception of RE 6 which I wasn't terribly impressed with, I really enjoyed the newer games. The old ones were great too, but I felt the whole formula became really redundant after a while, and I couldn't have been more bored out of my mind with RE 0. Sure, the newer games are different, but they kept the series 'fresh' and interesting, at least for me.

Some Nights

No Shape
I don't mind criticism. If you don't like a certain game feel free to write or talk about it but please at least put some thought into it and give reasons. Something like "I didn't like *insert title* because..." is much more acceptable/readable than "THIS GAME SUCKS REALLY BAD!!!!11!1."

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
as of these "days" i can't really be affected with negative opinions, as they are merely just "opinions". nothing more :D

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
if you only like the old Re or TR then go ans play the old games then and ignore the new games.
It's not that we just like the old games, it's because the old games have what we became a fan of and the newer games do not, for example, I loved the old Tomb Raiders and I tolerated the last 3 modern ones because they had me as a awesome badass babe who I went on adventures with, visiting all these cool places, fighting dinosaurs, dragons and lots of other things you didn't know was coming, but this new game, what the hell is Tomb Raider about it? There is nothing, absolutely nothing what so ever in that game that made me a Tomb Raider fan, nope, not a single tiny thing.

People are ****ed because they aren't getting what they want from the franchise they love and have supported for a long time.
Complaining about the new games don't lead anywere, it is only patetic and annoying to does who acually likes the games.
Actually complaining and boycotting does a lot, RE6 and DmC failed due to furious fans wanting the old ways back. Time will tell if it brings the old ways back or kills the series, because only one can happen.
If you complain hard enough and get people on your side, you can do a lot to a franchise.

potato

Operation Raccoon City is still the best RE game out there. I can't understand how people still see that dreaded RE1 (not remake) as the best. RE2 simply turned the whole horror survival into action survival thing and everyone is blaming RE4 for that. Remake & Zero comes 2nd & 3rd after ORC.

tywon

Is it just me who gets so annoyed when people writes comments like "the only good re games were re1 and 2" for example? I see it all the time on facebook, it's like people just like the page just to complain. If you are a member here or like the re page on fb just to complain about all the new games then you probably have to face that you don't like re anymore, am I right?

If you only liked the first games then I guess you are still sitting with your ps1 and gameboy and haven't realised that ps3' 3DS or 360 exists yet. Of course the re games are different now, welcome to the year of 2000 were HD graphic were invented. Re can't look like it did before, less people would probably buy it then 'cause most people like action games with awesome graphics.

I love all re games, the 5th game was so fun to play because you could finaly play re in co-op and it gave me a chance to make my friends interested in the series, and I loved to see Cherry again in RE6.[/q
dude i understand what you mean i always say that but i can also understand if fans want more horror but to say "all the new RE is not good" to me thats wrong to say. i love all the RE, i just feel that capcom should stop tripping and really think about a good story and gameplay where characters are vulnerable

Top Bottom