• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So... that spam party last night.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I don't think it's enough to simply "delete" all the nasty/spammy stuff. For one, latest posts by actual forum users (one of the prominent features on this board) will get buried and lost within all the spam, and that's not fair to the actual users of this site. And secondly, what's to stop them from continuing to flood the boards with more spam without filters of any kind? You can clean up shop all you want to, they'll just keep coming back and posting more of the same sh!t, especially since these are spambots in most cases. I'd rather not have to deal with them when it can easily be prevented on here.

So yes, please add a filter, be it an "I'm Not A Robot" checkbox or a question that only actual RE fans would know the answer to when registering. Either one will do.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Knock on wood, the new character verification Steve had implemented a few weeks back have thus far done a good job at keeping the bots out. This was very clearly an actual person.

MisterScott

I don't think it's enough to simply "delete" all the nasty/spammy stuff. For one, latest posts by actual forum users (one of the prominent features on this board) will get buried and lost within all the spam, and that's not fair to the actual users of this site. And secondly, what's to stop them from continuing to flood the boards with more spam without filters of any kind? You can clean up shop all you want to, they'll just keep coming back and posting more of the same sh!t, especially since these are spambots in most cases. I'd rather not have to deal with them when it can easily be prevented on here.

So yes, please add a filter, be it an "I'm Not A Robot" checkbox or a question that only actual RE fans would know the answer to when registering. Either one will do.

I don’t think think any check boxes or a quiz on Resident Evil would keep the spammers out, because the guy doing this is obviously human not a program and Cure Zombrex himself said that this particular troll used to be a active member of a Resident Evil fansite so he would probably pass that test very easily, I think that the best way to deal with these trolls is to automatically make their account suspended for a day or two as soon as anyone reports one of their posts and moderators can then decided whenether to ban them or not, I think that automatically suspending them as soon as they are reported is the best option to slow down the amount of crap they post, the only downside is that the trolls can use this to their advantage to report genuine users so this “power” to automatically suspend pending moderator review should only be granted to users who have been actively participating for at least 2 months, otherwise it would be like a standard report like we have now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom