• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Single Greatest Video Game Character of All Time

LordGolbez

Not a single Alucard yet. Mine is Alucard from SotN. I'm on an iPad so I can't post a picture, but he's my favorite for one reason: while the Belmonts are vampire hunting clan, Alucard was just in his rebellious teen years.
Alucard was rumored to have started the whole clan down it's vampire killing path so I give him some exta kudos.

LordGolbez

That doesn't make much sense. In his first canon appearance with the Belmonts, he was already inside the castle.
It was an old game involving Sonia Belmont, Alucard was supposed to be her lover. It was an old game boy game that the makers have since said was not officially canon. Sonia Belmont was supposed to be the mother of Trevor I think, and her father was supposed to have made the Vampire Killer.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
This is a hard question to answer, I tried to think outside of the box and memorize some old characters I've heard about from text based adventures, but I remember none.

So I go with a character from a game I have played. He is great for many reasons, and also because he don't say a word. When you don't hear his voice you can easier identify yourself with him.

Enter Freeman.

2dr87wm.jpg

Other gamers have voted a top-ten list at Gamespot (web-archive link).

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
what is on her belt? lol it looks like Clorox with a flame design

LOL It's flame spray. In RE5 mercenaries reunion, one of her melee attacks is spraying people with the flame spray and lighting them on fire... Her other melees are creepy, like "Head Twister". She'll twist someone's head off and laugh sadistically, last time that happened I had to switch characters momentarily because I was incredibly creeped out.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
This is a tough one. There are just so many fantastic characters in gaming...

I think I'm going to go with Bowser. His tenacity is inspiringly stupid. That's right; He's great because of his one-track mind. No matter how many hundreds of times Mario kicks his ass, he just can't get it through his thick skull that maybe, just maybe, kidnapping Princess Peach will end badly for him. ;)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm baffled when people vote Sonic the Hedgehog, is he a real character? Someone with a personality? :confused:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm baffled when people vote Sonic the Hedgehog, is he a real character? Someone with a personality? :confused:
...There's a reason I always refer to him as the "Blue dude with a tude"...He has a personality...He's cocky, and never thinks he can loose, but it's very balanced out with his VERY strong sense of justice and love for his friends and safety of innocent people...Sonic has a heart, a mind...and MOUTH...He's got personality lol..

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I see. The reason I questioned Sonic the Hedgehog being a proper character is that Sonic the Hedgehog is a platform game and the figures in traditional platform games are usually... hardly characters. I have played Super Mario on SNES and I don't see Mario as a proper character, in spite of him being "human" (and Sonic isn't even human). I understand the Hedgehog series was a rival to the Mario series, similar type of games.

So that's where I'm coming from. :)

Top Bottom