• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill revival announcement

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Irrelevant. If the series isn’t hot anymore, then drop it and do something new. Don’t retread old ground and certainly don’t do so with the entries that were successful because of how they originally were. It just shows you have no ideas and no confidence in your product. They may be businesses, but their business is to produce art. If you can’t do that, go sell tires and let people who know how to handle art handle it. You’ll have better long-term success with a consistently successful product. If Silent Hill as a property is no longer a viable product due to mismanagement of those charged with handling it (which is what happened), then it should be left alone, not desecrated further by spoiling the very thing that made it a success in the first place in a vain and unimaginative attempt to recapture the magic. If you want to do that, then remaster and re-release it, don’t remake it. And before anyone says they already did that, I mean the actual original version, not that thing with the ****ty new voice work that was never going to have a prayer of revitalizing interest because the changes made word-of-mouth from existing fans make it seem bad and turn possible newcomers away.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Irrelevant. If the series isn’t hot anymore, then drop it and do something new. Don’t retread old ground and certainly don’t do so with the entries that were successful because of how they originally were. It just shows you have no ideas and no confidence in your product. They may be businesses, but their business is to produce art. If you can’t do that, go sell tires and let people who know how to handle art handle it. You’ll have better long-term success with a consistently successful product. If Silent Hill as a property is no longer a viable product due to mismanagement of those charged with handling it (which is what happened), then it should be left alone, not desecrated further by spoiling the very thing that made it a success in the first place in a vain and unimaginative attempt to recapture the magic. If you want to do that, then remaster and re-release it, don’t remake it. And before anyone says they already did that, I mean the actual original version, not that thing with the ****ty new voice work that was never going to have a prayer of revitalizing interest because the changes made word-of-mouth from existing fans make it seem bad and turn possible newcomers away.
This is just irrelevant manchild nonsense. Stick to buying games and don't worry about who's making what and why.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
This is just irrelevant manchild nonsense. Stick to buying games and don't worry about who's making what and why.
Translation: “I’ve learned nothing from what I just read and have no desire to, but I’m gonna throw in some specific buzz words to sound like I’m intelligent in dismissing the point completely.”

How about you just stick to reading posts and don't concern yourself with replying if you’re not going to stay on point. Maybe you’re willing to settle and put up with the gaming industry making $hit decisions like this, but not me; I have standards.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Translation: “I’ve learned nothing from what I just read and have no desire to, but I’m gonna throw in some specific buzz words to sound like I’m intelligent in dismissing the point completely.”

How about you just stick to reading posts and don't concern yourself with replying if you’re not going to stay on point. Maybe you’re willing to settle and put up with the gaming industry making $hit decisions like this, but not me; I have standards.
You don't offer anything valuable to learn. All you do is plug your ears and cry about how much you hate things that don't cater to you specifically like a manchild. Who the hell would want to keep talking to someone so delusional and out of touch with reality that they think nothing is above their own misguided preconceived notions and standards? You don't know the first thing about business or how sh*t actually works, so don't even pretend that you do and then proceed to rattle off some bullsh*t nonsense. There's better ways to spend my time than engaging with dismissive and clearly mentally ill people who aren't ever going to reach a mutual understanding because they just want to force their own agenda onto others.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
More talk, more buzzwords, more personal insults; still nothing of any substance relating to the point. The last refuge of someone with no answers and no argument. I’m going to assume from here that you have no point to make aside from some variation of “it’s business, just deal with it,” and that is not a valid argument.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Some of the most pretentious and pessimistic people that I’ve gotten into discussions over the internet with were from a popular SH forum.
So no doubt there are fans who are making a lot of noise over any amount of change made to the most acclaimed game in the series.

Ahem… I see my statement still stands about some of the most pretentious and pessimistic (and insufferable) fans being fans of the original SH games. ;)

You are part of a small minority of consumers, @Teen Tyrant, getting absolutely butt hurt over a remake of a video game. Most fans are completely open and enjoy playing modernized versions of older/iconic games. Many even proudly admitting that the remake enhances the original game’s story and is overall a better game- hence the success of pretty much all of the RE remakes (with RE3 being an exception).

Sounds like you’ll be sitting out on the remake as well as the newer SH installments based on your logic that developers shouldn’t even bother with a series after a long hiatus. That’s fine, just get off your high horse while you do that.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Ahem… I see my statement still stands about some of the most pretentious and pessimistic (and insufferable) fans being fans of the original SH games. ;)

And I see some smug know-nothing-know-it-alls not understanding that the original games is why the series had any relevance in the first place. There’s no point in remaking and revamping already established art that requires no improvement.

You are part of a small minority of consumers, @Teen Tyrant,

So was every figure who ever proved the establishment wrong. This statement means nothing. This issue is not a majority-rules situation.

getting absolutely butt hurt over a remake of a video game.

Criticizing stupid decisions in an entertainment industry that has no original ideas anymore and keeps trying to repaint the Mona Lisa, metaphorically speaking, is what you call being “butt hurt?” Very interesting.
Most fans are completely open and enjoy playing modernized versions of older/iconic games. Many even proudly admitting that the remake enhances the original game’s story and is overall a better game- hence the success of pretty much all of the RE remakes (with RE3 being an exception).

Most people are stupid. The fact that they are willing to accept the same story being told to them that was already good the first time but will now create continuity issues with the narrative while making you pay for it again when that time and those resources could have gone to brand new material, is testament to that.

Sounds like you’ll be sitting out on the remake as well as the newer SH installments based on your logic that developers shouldn’t even bother with a series after a long hiatus.

The newer installments will be fine, if they’re following along from the original continuity and not the remake. Otherwise, yeah, I’ll probably be sitting those out.

That’s fine, just get off your high horse while you do that.

The go-to response of a person who will accept mediocrity. It’s not a high horse; it’s called having standards.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Suggest that I’m a basement-dweller, that’s your response. Cute.
It was a pretty good one, too. Captured how insignificant your word vomit was, and definitely got a chuckle out of me.

But in case you still don't get it, you're the last person to be calling people stupid and trying to act superior to anyone around here with your generic pretentious hipster opinions when you've cried over pixelated powdered titties before.

We already know you don't understand how the video game industry works so you're just pathetically pivoting into putting others down for enjoying video games, something you clearly don't, considering how much you care about literally nothing like you're doing the world some favor. Fighting the establishment? Get the f*ck out of here.

There's been plenty of valid remakes that improve over sh*tty outdated and overrated so called Mona Lisas. Make whatever ignorant broad generalizations you want, you can't hide the fact that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about by pretending to have some higher standard when you don't live by a higher standard nor demonstrate that with your lame ass behavior here.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
No remake is a one on one carbon copy of the original. That's what remasters are for.

Outside of video games, remakes have been a staple of the entertainment industry for as long as there has been one. If writers, artists, directors and developers were not allowed to do remakes, we would never have gotten classics such as Scarface, which is actually a remake of a film of the same name from 1932.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
And I see some smug know-nothing-know-it-alls not understanding that the original games is why the series had any relevance in the first place. There’s no point in remaking and revamping already established art that requires no improvement.

So was every figure who ever proved the establishment wrong. This statement means nothing. This issue is not a majority-rules situation.

Criticizing stupid decisions in an entertainment industry that has no original ideas anymore and keeps trying to repaint the Mona Lisa, metaphorically speaking, is what you call being “butt hurt?” Very interesting.

Most people are stupid. The fact that they are willing to accept the same story being told to them that was already good the first time but will now create continuity issues with the narrative while making you pay for it again when that time and those resources could have gone to brand new material, is testament to that.
You're delusional if you really think that someone finding enjoyment with a remake means it takes away from what the original game accomplished.

There have been plenty of valid points made throughout this thread as to why remakes exist. From the industry needing them to support itself. Developers and actors having the opportunity to be creative and bring to life an outdated story that deserves to be retold and loved again. To fans (new and old alike) wanting to experience the game through more enhanced graphics and gaming mechanics. There is a demand for it.

You’re the one coming in with the unrealistic and ignorant perspective about how you think things should work.

Yes, you are acting like a butt hurt hipster trying to fight the "establishment" over your unpopular opinion.

Last edited:

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
It was a pretty good one, too. Captured how insignificant your word vomit was, and definitely got a chuckle out of me.

But in case you still don't get it, you're the last person to be calling people stupid and trying to act superior to anyone around here with your generic pretentious hipster opinions when you've cried over pixelated powdered titties before.

We already know you don't understand how the video game industry works so you're just pathetically pivoting into putting others down for enjoying video games, something you clearly don't, considering how much you care about literally nothing like you're doing the world some favor. Fighting the establishment? Get the f*ck out of here.

There's been plenty of valid remakes that improve over sh*tty outdated and overrated so called Mona Lisas. Make whatever ignorant broad generalizations you want, you can't hide the fact that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about by pretending to have some higher standard when you don't live by a higher standard nor demonstrate that with your lame ass behavior here.
Wow, I bet that little diatribe made you feel real smart and accomplished, taking all that time and spewing your little insults to create some kind of emphasis with what you’re saying. And using profanity too, for extra flavor. Since you have no argument, I guess you’re left with no other real course except to just throw labels (incorrect ones at that) and reveal how little self-control you have.

But while you throw around your cliche’ insults, and completely misrepresent what I said by suggesting that my expectations for how the gaming industry should be must somehow mean that I don’t know how it actually works in practice, you’ve still said nothing of substance, nor contributed to an actual debate in any way. All you’ve done is basically whine about how I’m calling out something you’re in favor of, nothing more.

Silent Hill 2 has no business being remade. Nothing you’ve said changes that.

No remake is a one on one carbon copy of the original. That's what remasters are for.

Outside of video games, remakes have been a staple of the entertainment industry for as long as there has been one. If writers, artists, directors and developers were not allowed to do remakes, we would never have gotten classics such as Scarface, which is actually a remake of a film of the same name from 1932.
Irrelevant. Jaws, The Godfather, Casablanca; those haven’t been remade, because they were executed so perfectly the first time that not only are they timeless, but to remake them would be an insult. Silent Hill 2 is a video game equivalent of such a scenario.

You're delusional if you really think that someone finding enjoyment with a remake means it takes away from what the original game accomplished.

There have been plenty of valid points made throughout this thread as to why remakes exist. From the industry needing them to support itself. Developers and actors having the opportunity to be creative and bring to life an outdated story that deserves to be retold and loved again. To fans (new and old alike) wanting to experience the game through more enhanced graphics and gaming mechanics. There is a demand for it.

You’re the one coming in with the unrealistic and ignorant perspective about how you think things should work.

Yes, you are acting like a butt hurt hipster trying to fight the "establishment" over your unpopular opinion.
Sure, there have been valid points for remakes. A valid point for a remake of Silent Hill 2 is not among them. Want it with upgraded graphics and controls? Remaster, not remake. No purpose for a remake exists. That is not opinion.

What is it with this hipster talk? Just what do you people think I am, exactly? One says hipster, one suggests basement-dweller and hipster, a combination that doesn’t even work by the way. You all need to move away from your cliche’s and try to imagine that someone who says you’re wrong might actually be in a better and more respectful position than you outside your forum identities. And whether my opinion is unpopular or not is irrelevant.

I can do this for eternity, because you’re all wrong, and while I know you won’t agree, if you continue to push me, especially in these childish ways, I will continue to make my point. What else you got?

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Sure, there have been valid points for remakes. A valid point for a remake of Silent Hill 2 is not among them. Want it with upgraded graphics and controls? Remaster, not remake. No purpose for a remake exists. That is not opinion.

What is it with this hipster talk? Just what do you people think I am, exactly? One says hipster, one suggests basement-dweller and hipster, a combination that doesn’t even work by the way. You all need to move away from your cliche’s and try to imagine that someone who says you’re wrong might actually be in a better and more respectful position than you outside your forum identities. And whether my opinion is unpopular or not is irrelevant.

I can do this for eternity, because you’re all wrong, and while I know you won’t agree, if you continue to push me, especially in these childish ways, I will continue to make my point. What else you got?
And it’s your opinion that they shouldn’t bother with a remake of SH2. There are plenty of reasons why we have one coming our way and plenty of fans who are eager to play. So it kind of is Konami’s business to remake it- whether they do right by the original game remains to be seen though. The nice thing is that you can always go back to the original if you don’t like the remake and nothing can change what the original game accomplished or how it made you feel.

And I said you’re acting like one. ;)

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Wow, I bet that little diatribe made you feel real smart and accomplished, taking all that time and spewing your little insults to create some kind of emphasis with what you’re saying. And using profanity too, for extra flavor. Since you have no argument, I guess you’re left with no other real course except to just throw labels (incorrect ones at that) and reveal how little self-control you have.

But while you throw around your cliche’ insults, and completely misrepresent what I said by suggesting that my expectations for how the gaming industry should be must somehow mean that I don’t know how it actually works in practice, you’ve still said nothing of substance, nor contributed to an actual debate in any way. All you’ve done is basically whine about how I’m calling out something you’re in favor of, nothing more.

Silent Hill 2 has no business being remade. Nothing you’ve said changes that.

Irrelevant. Jaws, The Godfather, Casablanca; those haven’t been remade, because they were executed so perfectly the first time that not only are they timeless, but to remake them would be an insult. Silent Hill 2 is a video game equivalent of such a scenario.

Everytime you're called out on your ignorant opinions, you keep modifying your point like you're gonna fool everyone into thinking you suddenly know what you're talking about and pad it out with a bunch of useless jargon that would get you beat up in High School, like I'm sure you were.

If you're gonna claim to hold the "correct" opinion on something, don't do it sounding like a basement dwelling loser who gets "irritated to the extreme" by something as f*cking irrelevant as video game remakes and then equate your butthurt feelings over a video game to "fighting the establishment."

You want so badly to look like you hold the moral and intellectual high ground here, yet have proudly displayed your complete lack of knowledge on how things in the real world work. You don't have to like it, you can critique it, but no one here has to take you seriously either when you act like your childish fantasies of how things should be are somehow the way it should be without being able to explain its practicality. We should all be f*cking millionaires too while we're daydreaming.

We can see through your lame "debate" tactics. It's not hard to look back at everything you've said and see how desperate and full of sh*t you are. No one here is gonna respect someone that wants to argue so badly that they practically had to beg a guy to engage with their tired and cliché opinion on an old and outdated thread they made years ago and most of all, thinks they have the "winning" opinion just because they say so with absolutely no merit.

There's either something deeply wrong in your head or you're just another of the many losers who've come by this place with too much time on their hands who are so attention starved that they stir sh*t on dead forums to make up for what they lack at home.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
And it’s your opinion that they shouldn’t bother with a remake of SH2.
Ok, I'll meet you halfway here and concede that it is only my opinion that they shouldn't bother. That they have no reason to do so, beyond having no ideas of where to take the series from here, is not.

There are plenty of reasons why we have one coming our way and plenty of fans who are eager to play.
Irrelevant. None of those reasons given thus far justifies this particular course of action.

So it kind of is Konami’s business to remake it- whether they do right by the original game remains to be seen though.

Whether it's their business or not is irrelevant. They have no business trying to remake a game that was not only a masterpiece the first time, but was so precisely because of exactly how it was at the time. Remaking it does nothing except try to draw back people who remember it and/or new gamers to experience it, but the original is still there, there is no reason to make an alternate version of it, no improvement could be make upon it beyond perhaps adjusting the controls for some people, and again, that's what remasters are for.
Everytime you're called out on your ignorant opinions, you keep modifying your point like you're gonna fool everyone into thinking you suddenly know what you're talking about and pad it out with a bunch of useless jargon that would get you beat up in High School, like I'm sure you were.

If you're gonna claim to hold the "correct" opinion on something, don't do it sounding like a basement dwelling loser who gets "irritated to the extreme" by something as f*cking irrelevant as video game remakes and then equate your butthurt feelings over a video game to "fighting the establishment."

You want so badly to look like you hold the moral and intellectual high ground here, yet have proudly displayed your complete lack of knowledge on how things in the real world work. You don't have to like it, you can critique it, but no one here has to take you seriously either when you act like your childish fantasies of how things should be are somehow the way it should be without being able to explain its practicality. We should all be f*cking millionaires too while we're daydreaming.

We can see through your lame "debate" tactics. It's not hard to look back at everything you've said and see how desperate and full of sh*t you are. No one here is gonna respect someone that wants to argue so badly that they practically had to beg a guy to engage with their tired and cliché opinion on an old and outdated thread they made years ago and most of all, thinks they have the "winning" opinion just because they say so with absolutely no merit.

There's either something deeply wrong in your head or you're just another of the many losers who've come by this place with too much time on their hands who are so attention starved that they stir sh*t on dead forums to make up for what they lack at home.

Yadda yadda yadda, more more insults, more swearing, more big load of nothing. All you're doing is running your proverbial mouth because I'm arguing against your point, which you still haven't provided anything of substance on.

Your opinion is wrong, it doesn't matter what you think, or how many agree with you; that changes nothing. Spew your little insults, call me what you will, reveal your hypocrisy by saying what my behavior comes across as, missing the irony that you yourself are behaving exactly like that with your little rants. What else you got?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yadda yadda yadda, more more insults, more swearing, more big load of nothing. All you're doing is running your proverbial mouth because I'm arguing against your point, which you still haven't provided anything of substance on.

Your opinion is wrong, it doesn't matter what you think, or how many agree with you; that changes nothing. Spew your little insults, call me what you will, reveal your hypocrisy by saying what my behavior comes across as, missing the irony that you yourself are behaving exactly like that with your little rants. What else you got?
If your perception of the truth is insulting to you, then perhaps it is a wake up call to start making changes.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Perfect example of "I know I'm wrong but I don't like being told I'm wrong so I'll keep debating for the sake of debating and come up with pretentious illogical nonsense that makes it look like I'm smart and have the upper hand".

At this point though, you have gone so far that it basically starts to look like you're trolling. For your own sake it would look better if you admitted to just trolling. Sadly, I'm afraid the reality is much more disappointing.

What's NOT disppointing, however, is the newly released story trailer for SH2R that looks absolutely insane. This is the best trailer for the game by far, they've nailed everything from the tone, atmosphere, line delivery and editing. Very promising indeed, now let's hope the game itself delivers.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Perfect example of "I know I'm wrong but I don't like being told I'm wrong so I'll keep debating for the sake of debating and come up with pretentious illogical nonsense that makes it look like I'm smart and have the upper hand".

At this point though, you have gone so far that it basically starts to look like you're trolling. For your own sake it would look better if you admitted to just trolling. Sadly, I'm afraid the reality is much more disappointing.
Irrelevant. Your opinion is wrong. Silent Hill 2 is a masterpiece. Winning.

What's NOT disppointing, however, is the newly released story trailer for SH2R that looks absolutely insane. This is the best trailer for the game by far, they've nailed everything from the tone, atmosphere, line delivery and editing. Very promising indeed, now let's hope the game itself delivers.

The hands on previews seem to be very positive too. Honestly impressed with how good this one is turning out. But no, this shouldn't exist. I'll be safe from it in my mom's basement where I make the rules!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ok, I'll meet you halfway here and concede that it is only my opinion that they shouldn't bother. That they have no reason to do so, beyond having no ideas of where to take the series from here, is not.

Irrelevant. None of those reasons given thus far justifies this particular course of action.

Whether it's their business or not is irrelevant. They have no business trying to remake a game that was not only a masterpiece the first time, but was so precisely because of exactly how it was at the time. Remaking it does nothing except try to draw back people who remember it and/or new gamers to experience it, but the original is still there, there is no reason to make an alternate version of it, no improvement could be make upon it beyond perhaps adjusting the controls for some people, and again, that's what remasters are for.

Do you not hear yourself?
Your idea of successfully “arguing against” any of the points made by saying they’re “irrelevant” or thinking your opinions trump everything is foolish.

Your opinion on the matter of video game remakes is irrelevant. To keep “debating” (and this is a lose term here) would also be foolish because you clearly have nothing to bring to the table other than your irrelevant opinions.

There are ways to discuss differing opinions but you’ve been condescending from the start.
And whether you approve of it or not, the remake is still coming our way and it’s something some people are looking forward to experiencing.

Damn, that story trailer is very well done. Love The Shining vibes it has at the beginning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom