• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill Coming Back At Ya!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Here is a credible rumor from multiple sources:

Rumor: Konami started reaching out to developers to pitch two new Silent Hill games 2 years ago. Konami apparently wanted one to be a soft reboot, and the other an episodic game in the style of Telltale or Until Dawn.

Hey - I am down to try either out. I know Konami is in a rough way right now, but I can't blame them for trying!

D

Deleted member 21244

Here is a credible rumor from multiple sources:

Rumor: Konami started reaching out to developers to pitch two new Silent Hill games 2 years ago. Konami apparently wanted one to be a soft reboot, and the other an episodic game in the style of Telltale or Until Dawn.

Hey - I am down to try either out. I know Konami is in a rough way right now, but I can't blame them for trying!
I Lost all my fate in Konami, after what they did to metal gear and the cancelation of silent hills, they really toned my hope down when they talk about their game

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I always give companies the benefit of the doubt. Konami is not in a good place, of course. But I would love to see a quality Silent Hill on the horizon!

A reboot is probably the best thing for a series that mostly finds faults in its storytelling. Luckily, the storytelling in the first three games is the best part of the franchise. If they make solid additions without destroying the lore, I have high hopes for it. Well, I have "hopes" for it. haha.

And I am a sucker for episodic games. Don't know how it will work in a place like Silent Hill.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Cautiously optimistic...That's how I'll go into this. They genuinely aren't incapable of making good games. They're one of the biggest names in the biz for a reason. Hopefully they've learned from this fall from grace, as well as learned about what to do with Silent Hill after seeing the success of other big budget survival horror games like the recent RE games and The Evil Within

Mr.R

I really wanted to be optimistic, but they managed to f*** up Contra last year! Contra! The baseline of a Contra game isn't a hard thing to convey and they manage to screw up even the most basic of the game's aspects (weapons that heat up........on a Contra game.). Considering how relatively complex Silent Hill is...I can't see something good coming from this Konami. Unless they can hire people from outside the company, people with survival horror experience (and some good writers, which the series is missing since the original Team Silent was disbanded), I don't think they can pull this off.

I do hope I'm wrong though. I really hope.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I really wanted to be optimistic, but they managed to f*** up Contra last year! Contra! The baseline of a Contra game isn't a hard thing to convey and they manage to screw up even the most basic of the game's aspects (weapons that heat up........on a Contra game.). Considering how relatively complex Silent Hill is...I can't see something good coming from this Konami. Unless they can hire people from outside the company, people with survival horror experience (and some good writers, which the series is missing since the original Team Silent was disbanded), I don't think they can pull this off.

I do hope I'm wrong though. I really hope.
I don't think the series has been missing good writers really. Silent Hill 4 is my favorite, and Homecoming I loved. Downpour...still pretty decent. Even P.T. had a great setup when it comes to the writing.

Mr.R

I don't think the series has been missing good writers really. Silent Hill 4 is my favorite, and Homecoming I loved. Downpour...still pretty decent. Even P.T. had a great setup when it comes to the writing.

Well, Silent Hill 4 was written under Team Silent. Also, a lot of Team Silent members joined Kojima Productions, so they might had a hand in P.T too.

As for Homecoming and Downpour...they were not exactly "bad", but for me personally, they always felt "off", like something was missing. I don't think the writing is bad in those games but...not great either. Origins is plain bad to me though. ****tered Memories actually has a nice writing and the idea behind the game is good, altough most of its ideas are poorly executed. Again, everything after SH4 felt downhill to me, honestly (Even SH4, as much as I like some of the things in the game, it has many more that annoys me. Still, 4 is better than anything that came after).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, Silent Hill 4 was written under Team Silent. Also, a lot of Team Silent members joined Kojima Productions, so they might had a hand in P.T too.

As for Homecoming and Downpour...they were not exactly "bad", but for me personally, they always felt "off", like something was missing. I don't think the writing is bad in those games but...not great either. Origins is plain bad to me though. ****tered Memories actually has a nice writing and the idea behind the game is good, altough most of its ideas are poorly executed. Again, everything after SH4 felt downhill to me, honestly (Even SH4, as much as I like some of the things in the game, it has many more that annoys me. Still, 4 is better than anything that came after).
Oh, I thought Silent Hill 4 was the first game POST Team Silent. That's my bad. As for Origins, I agree. Sucked. IDK if the writing was even that bad, because everything else was also so bad, I can't JUST blame that XD. I never played ****tered memories, but I don't doubt you there. Downpour is definitely the weakest of the the ones I enjoy. I'll put it that way.

Mr.R

Oh, I thought Silent Hill 4 was the first game POST Team Silent. That's my bad. As for Origins, I agree. Sucked. IDK if the writing was even that bad, because everything else was also so bad, I can't JUST blame that XD. I never played ****tered memories, but I don't doubt you there. Downpour is definitely the weakest of the the ones I enjoy. I'll put it that way.

Well, for all it's worth, if you ever find ****tered Memories on a fair price, I'd say pick it up. It's an unique experience. The town is very well done and interesting, and some of the new mechanics make the exploration and interaction with the city seems very deep. The problem is it misses the mark on the more supernatural side of Silent Hill (and gameplay wise too. The lack of any form of combat is a letdown too). Still, if you find it cheap, I think it's worth a playthrough.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, for all it's worth, if you ever find ****tered Memories on a fair price, I'd say pick it up. It's an unique experience. The town is very well done and interesting, and some of the new mechanics make the exploration and interaction with the city seems very deep. The problem is it misses the mark on the more supernatural side of Silent Hill (and gameplay wise too. The lack of any form of combat is a letdown too). Still, if you find it cheap, I think it's worth a playthrough.
****tered Memories was for the Wii, right?

D

Deleted member 21244

Did i just realize that i only completed silent hill 3 and never manage to complete the other because there was always some event that prevent me to do it

I remember having both silent hill 3 and 4 on my ps2, i tryed them both to see how they were, but soon after that my ps2 got broken and i was unable to finish silent hill 3, and i have vague memory of the first 30 minutes of silent hill 4

Some times later i manage to install silent hill 1 and 2 on my pc i tryed both game but guess what? my pc got broken before i could have finished the first one

Than i played origins on psp, but my brother lost the psp on the metro, well "lost" more likely someone stole it from him whitout him noticing whit all the people in the metro

Finally pt got announced some years ago and i manage to play the demo to a friend of mine, it was amazing but guess what? PT was cancelled

I manage to play the whole silent hill 3 by using my cousin ps2 in 2017, bur everything tour out fine this time

And this story is all true, It happear that evey time i play silent hill something strange happens, maybe it's just the "luck" of my life, or maybe is something paranormal who knows....... :neutral:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Well, I WISH I could get excited for this, but Konami has had such a terrible track record butchering beloved IPs that I just can't. Does nobody remember what they did with Contra Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive? And a Castlevania mobile game? Not to mention their track record with Silent Hill: losing the source code and botching the SH2&3 remasters, cancelling PT/Silent Hills, whoring out games to 3rd rate Western developers that fumble, and making a Silent Hill pachinko machine.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong and for both these games to be amazing (I LOVE Silent Hill), but they give me no reason to have high hopes for them.

Top Bottom