• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Should the remake have more female zombies?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The issue could be that they can't separate the fact that it used to be and still looks like a child, and they're controlling the actions of the character so it just seems deeply unpleasant to them to go around killing children. As bSTAR_182 said earlier, not everyone is okay with that.

Personally I was glad that Dying Light did address child zombies because it's more realistic (don't think I'm horrible for saying that), and there were only a few instances where you came across them and it was handled quite well. I think some people would find it unpleasant if they were constantly killing child zombies throughout a game, however.

Last edited:

Zacmac90

Well that's why you keep them scarce, only have em appear in specific areas (school, libraries, etc) kinda like the licker for example.

All in all I'm in favor of zombie kids if they're kept to a minimum and its a choice to shoot or run like any other zombie

HookerZombie

I think a way that child zombies could work in a re2 remake is if you only had one or two of them appear during the levels where you play as Sherry. Since she's just a kid herself she would not be able to shoot them dead and it wouldn't be offensive.

Just like in Siren Blood Curse where the only real kid shibito appears in a level where you play as 10 year old Bella.

Oh and for the record House of the Dead Overkill had zombie babies in the extended cut for PS3, but that game was purposely intended to be as offensive as possible. I'm really surprised it didn't get an AO rating.

Zacmac90

I think a way that child zombies could work in a re2 remake is if you only had one or two of them appear during the levels where you play as Sherry. Since she's just a kid herself she would not be able to shoot them dead and it wouldn't be offensive.
Exactly, it'd be something fresh at least for this franchise and it would have a touch of realism which I hope the remake will have

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
If it's for story purposes (i.e. The characters are at a school, etc) then I'm all for it but if we are just talking cannon fodder in the streets of the city- then no. I'm all for realism and making the situation scarce but not to have them be a normal thing coming after the characters just so we can gun them down. Less is more.

Zacmac90

Back to the original topic of more female zombies, not only should there be more female zombies but female zombies of various ethnicity, that all dont look alike.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't get offended by shooting kid zombies. It's a game. And if it was real and a kid zombie came at me, I wouldn't be offended by that either.

Yes, more female zombie variety please. As it has been said before, RE3 and 6 did a pretty good job at demonstrating what that variety could look like. Since the original RE1 didn't have any female zombies at all, I was glad that we got at least one in the original RE2, but modern games have space for more models, so I hope they'll use it.

HookerZombie

I don't get offended by shooting kid zombies. It's a game. And if it was real and a kid zombie came at me, I wouldn't be offended by that either.

Yes, more female zombie variety please. As it has been said before, RE3 and 6 did a pretty good job at demonstrating what that variety could look like. Since the original RE1 didn't have any female zombies at all, I was glad that we got at least one in the original RE2, but modern games have space for more models, so I hope they'll use it.

RE Outbreak did a pretty good job of having different model female zombies as well. You had a femake zombie in civilian clothes, two who wore business suits, nurse zombies in the hospital, and female cops in the RPD level.

Top Bottom