• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Should the remake have more female zombies?

HookerZombie

Resident Evil 2 really only had one type of female zombies (the one dressed like a streetwalker like in my avatar) but Resident Evil 3 had a bigger variety of female zombies including cops and bikers.

If Resident Evil 2 gets remade I want to see female cop zombies like in RE3 and maybe female researcher zombies down in the Umbrella Lab.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah. Sounds good.

Verity should make the game a bit less obviously a game. Different clothes, different hair styles, different heights.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Resident Evil 2 really only had one type of female zombies (the one dressed like a streetwalker like in my avatar) but Resident Evil 3 had a bigger variety of female zombies including cops and bikers.

If Resident Evil 2 gets remade I want to see female cop zombies like in RE3 and maybe female researcher zombies down in the Umbrella Lab.
Not enough hooker zombies imho :p

HookerZombie

Female zombies? This isn't 1998 dude. Today, "feminists" will go after this game hard for encouraging violence against women.
Well that doesn't seem to stop video games today from having female zombies in them anyways now does it? :p

weskerondope

your right, it wont stop them

only result will be that anita sarkeesian will get another 100 000 or so dollars to make a another crappy youtube video

i like the idea though, more variety in the zombies, why not

berto

I Saw the Devil
Variety, in a none politically driven context, is good for games (and not just racial or sexual variety, phisical variety). It makes immersion possible, you don't have to suspend your disbelieve as much. The only thing you'll never have as standard enemies in a zombie game is children because people would loose their s***. If I remember right, back when Silent Hill came out they had those grey children enemies and the konami employees received threats in the mail and were called child killers and those things weren't even kids. I swear, people are morons.

Zacmac90

"The only thing you'll never have as standard enemies in a zombie game is children because people would loose their s***."

Walking Dead had a few zombie kids, I know its a TV show but I never heard the show getting threats for having zombified kids on it, plus they even showed two of them shot in the head on screen. The second Resident Evil movie had a scene involving zombified children munching on a reporter and it got filmed a la Kenneth Sullivan. Basically I wouldnt mind seeing zombie kids in a Resident Evil game even if they were in cutscenes only. If Resident Evil actually happened in Real life, you dont think there wouldnt be a ten year old Timmy or Jenny trying to eat you?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Really this is not a concern to me because I feel like Capcom has been fairly diverse in recent games- it's very likely we will be seeing female zombies (possibly research ones). I think they are aware that REmake 2 is there chance to really flesh out the game and make it how they always wanted.

Also the zombie in @HookerZombie's avatar always reminded me of Rebecca.

Last edited:

HookerZombie

"The only thing you'll never have as standard enemies in a zombie game is children because people would loose their s***."

Walking Dead had a few zombie kids, I know its a TV show but I never heard the show getting threats for having zombified kids on it, plus they even showed two of them shot in the head on screen. The second Resident Evil movie had a scene involving zombified children munching on a reporter and it got filmed a la Kenneth Sullivan. Basically I wouldnt mind seeing zombie kids in a Resident Evil game even if they were in cutscenes only. If Resident Evil actually happened in Real life, you dont think there wouldnt be a ten year old Timmy or Jenny trying to eat you?

Night of the Living Dead had a little girl who was bitten and became a zombie and Italian zombie movie Hell of the Living Dead had a little zombie boy who was shot to death. Also both the remake and original Dawn of the Dead had zombie children.

Movies are able to get away with things like that unlike video games. If Capcom tried to include zombie children there's a good chance the game would get banned or censored like the first Silent Hill with it's zombie kids in the school level.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The Last of Us kills a little girl who isn't infected. Also there's Dead Island's beautifully disturbing trailer of that little girl and her family being attacked by zombies. I think it's more the context- how it is depicted for the audience.

Not everyone is ok with the idea of blowing little kids to bits- even if they are zombies (which is likely why they don't have kids walking around in games like GTO). In the Resi-verse, I'd doubt there would be much left of a kid who's been attacked by zombies anyway.

Last edited:

HookerZombie

The Last of Us kills a little girl who isn't infected. Also there's Dead Island's beautifully disturbing trailer of that little girl and her family being attacked by zombies. I think it's more the context- how it is depicted for the audience.

Not everyone is ok with the idea of blowing little kids to bits- even if they are zombies (which is likely why they don't have kids walking around in games like GTO). In the Resi-verse, I'd doubt there would be much left of a kid who's been attacked by zombies anyway.

Well realistically you would have kids who became infected by the T-virus from the contaminated rats and they would turn into zombies. Plus I think Resident Evil Outbreak had a diary written by a kid left in the Apple Inn who was clearly suffering the effects of the T-virus.

But Resident Evil obviously doesn't include zombie kids because it would make a lot of people uncomfortable. At least the ones in Silent Hill weren't actual human children.

Zacmac90

How come its more tolerated in tv/movies than video games? They could do it where they can't get to you like on a bus just bang on the Windows moaning as you walk by. Also have there ever been any elderly zombies or does that fall in the uncomfortable area like kids?

HookerZombie

How come its more tolerated in tv/movies than video games? They could do it where they can't get to you like on a bus just bang on the Windows moaning as you walk by. Also have there ever been any elderly zombies or does that fall in the uncomfortable area like kids?
Siren: Blood Curse had several elderly Japanese zombies and there was one level that had a Japanese little girl zombie with her family but you never got to attack her because the character you played as during that level was a 10 year old girl who couldn't use weapons. I guess it's more tolerable to have zombie kids if your character isn't killing them.

Also Resident Evil 4 had elderly ganados.

weskerondope

the reason that its more tolerated in films is cause all the moral panic idiots (who have been around since forever) spend 100 percent of their time complaigning about video games, they simply dont have any time left to complaign about action films, heavy metal, hip-hop, harry potter or common sense

HookerZombie

When I said elderly I meant like nursing home aged lol gumming ya to death
Well some of the shibito in Siren Blood Curse DO fit in that category. Like the shibito family with the little girl I mentioned there's a zombified grandfather in the family home as well as various other white-haired shibito with wrinkles lurking around the village (including old ladies).

And that one ganado model in RE4 with the white beard and white hair looks like an obvious gramps to me.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I don't see why more zombie women shouldn't be included. It's only going to add to the realism.

Regarding the issue of child zombies that people have been discussing above, Dying Light includes infected children; they're called Screamers and they're basically wailing children zombies. There aren't many, but they're there. Whilst it's more realistic to have zombie children it does make you feel uncomfortable, but the way it's done implies that Crane is putting the kid out of it's misery. It's pretty sad and makes you realise that nobody is exempt from that kind of situation. I've never really seen anyone complain about that being a part of the game.

Variety of enemies does add to the realism, but I think with certain groups (such as children) you have to be careful how you go about it.

Top Bottom