• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Should I buy RE:DC HD for PS3?

Sean

Umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles are both fantastic! I downloaded the hd collection that had them both and I love the gameplay and story on both. Sure I like Darkside better than umbrella, but they are both really good. And the ps move works great with it (especially if you actually have one of the guns) also using the controller works pretty amazing as well. I would greatly suggest these games.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ada showed up and Leon's common sense and priorities flew out the window. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah lol Leon is a fool for those ladies huh?
Yes it is. :)
Well not anymore anyway.:) I'm not quite sure what it is now though, your sig...

Umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles are both fantastic! I downloaded the hd collection that had them both and I love the gameplay and story on both. Sure I like Darkside better than umbrella, but they are both really good. And the ps move works great with it (especially if you actually have one of the guns) also using the controller works pretty amazing as well. I would greatly suggest these games.
Another reason I'd like a Ps3 is for the HD versions of UC and DSC. I have each of them on Wii, but I can just imagine playing in HD! I wish there was just a retail version of those though. same with RE4 and CVX HD. Although I guess those are on that RE6 Archives deal for Ps3 only...

PiersNivansRealHero

ive been wanting to buy these games but im not exactly sure if its worth it. can anyone tell me how much the guns are for it and how these games fit into the story? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)

MissDomino

Premium
ive been wanting to buy these games but im not exactly sure if its worth it. can anyone tell me how much the guns are for it and how these games fit into the story? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)
The gun attachment for the move are usually pretty cheap. Around $20 (USD) I think. You'll also need a move, try to find a kit that has the move and the camera. Those go for cheaper, I think about $65 or up.

UC covers RE0, RE1, RE3 and a new story "Umbrellas End" that has Chris and Jill (think that's what it's called).
DSC covers RE2, CVX and the new story "Operation Javier" with Leon and Krauser.

I would say getting the Move is worth it if you don't have a wii and want UC and DSC, but it might be a good idea to look at some other games that use the PS Move first. There are some good ones out there, but not a whole lot yet.

PiersNivansRealHero

The gun attachment for the move are usually pretty cheap. Around $20 (USD) I think. You'll also need a move, try to find a kit that has the move and the camera. Those go for cheaper, I think about $65 or up.

UC covers RE0, RE1, RE3 and a new story "Umbrellas End" that has Chris and Jill (think that's what it's called).
DSC covers RE2, CVX and the new story "Operation Javier" with Leon and Krauser.

I would say getting the Move is worth it if you don't have a wii and want UC and DSC, but it might be a good idea to look at some other games that use the PS Move first. There are some good ones out there, but not a whole lot yet.
Thanks. seems interesting for a spin-off title. And i thought the controllers were a lot more expensive so thats pretty good to hear

MissDomino

Premium
That's true, the move isn't too expensive. Try shopping around for the move kit though. I got mine for about $75 packed with a game, but it can go up to about $89 or so.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I just played me some UC and DSC pretty recently.

Enjoyed both, especially UC, much more than I remembered. It's been so long since I've played them. I'm really anxious to play the HD versions though.

Are they just exact ports, or do they come with extras, such as a cutscene browser in UC?

And I'm still hoping for that retail version of UC and DSC HD.

MissDomino

Premium
I just played me some UC and DSC pretty recently.

Enjoyed both, especially UC, much more than I remembered. It's been so long since I've played them. I'm really anxious to play the HD versions though.

Are they just exact ports, or do they come with extras, such as a cutscene browser in UC?

And I'm still hoping for that retail version of UC and DSC HD.
I agree UC is just superb :)
The only extras I've noticed on the PS3 version are the trophies, but using the Move is a bit more accurate than the Wii version.

I have UC and DSC on disc (the Japanese version) and unfortunately the disc version isn't that great. It basically installs the same thing as the download version onto the PS3, but it doesn't let you play it without the disc inside. So it takes up the same amount of HDD space and it's a bit of a pain.

PhobosDiablo

Well, I do have both UC and DSC for the Wii and these games are simply AWESOME!
I would even tend to say that they belong to the best resident evil games that were released the last few years. I've seen the HD version at my friends house and apparently it's been improved quite a bit, sooo... all the power to everyone, who hasn't touched these games yet: It's more than worth it! (Although the end of DSC is plain ridiculous and could've been straight out of Final Fantasy X ... you'll see when you get there ;) )

Top Bottom