• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Sheva would have been awesome...

resevil80

My point is..her A.I. in the game is awful....the only time she is slightly useful is after you get an unlimited ammo weapon and just put her on attack mode, but even then she not the brightest cookie in jar...its sad, because if the AI would have just been passable it would have been a cool addition.

Genie

Well if you are so annoyed with her A.I, play as Sheva and let Chris have A.I! You'll notice that Chris is just as "useless" as Sheva and use him as your "meat shield".. >:pP
Fortunately I haven't had these problems 'cause I've played RE5 through Co-op with my friend.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Come on though...how can you comment on her roles in the cutscenes...she was poorly developed in those...i never once looked at her and Chris and thought they had the partner relation ship that she should have had with him...For example, look at Batman comics...You know there has been more than on Robin right...well the first was the only GOOD one...if you look at Batman in the comics with the others his relation ship with them is...different...its not like it used to be...its almost like a filler cause he can't do it alone or dosn't want to do it alone...thats how Chris/Sheva's relation ship feels to me...that they never had more in common with each other than a forced partnership...
But they actually met at the beginning of the game, so they only knew each other for a couple hours max... I mean, how much of a 'partner relationship' can you build with another person in five or so hours when the both of you are just trying to survive with your hides in one piece? It was right for what it was - quite frankly I'd be a tad more suspicious if he had the same relationship with Sheva as he had with Jill, who he obviously has known for years.

But they actually met at the beginning of the game, so they only knew each other for a couple hours max... I mean, how much of a 'partner relationship' can you build with another person in five or so hours when the both of you are just trying to survive with your hides in one piece? It was right for what it was - quite frankly I'd be a tad more suspicious if he had the same relationship with Sheva as he had with Jill, who he obviously has known for years.

True, not to mention my whole point is that Sheva isn't great, just not bad. How were they suppose to act? Like they didn't know each other? If I had a partner in the middle of all that, weather I knew her for a few hours or years, I would want her to have my back. If she didn't that's poor partnership.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

But Sheva only saw it as a mission...Not untill she found out about Jill did she realize how anti-bioterrorism he really was...if you ask me she should've had the same drive as Chris because of what happened to her parents...not only that, but the game shouldve gone into her back story more to give us more depth on her character...P.S. i'm not talking in response to you post on his relationship with Sheva Vs Jill...i honestly don't know why i quoted you lol...

Lirium

My point is..her A.I. in the game is awful....the only time she is slightly useful is after you get an unlimited ammo weapon and just put her on attack mode, but even then she not the brightest cookie in jar...its sad, because if the AI would have just been passable it would have been a cool addition.

I think the main reason a lot of people hate her is because her AI. You have to learn how to seperate the AI from the character. The AI is just the running spec, the AI falls under the developers. You can't hate Sheva because she wasn't made well AI wise, that's not "her" fault. xD It's not like she chose to have herself programmed to run into those light lasers, or shoot at nothing. That falls on the developers, and you should be mad at them. It shouldn't effect your choice of her character, because if you play AS her suddenly she doesn't suck so much. It's like being mad at coffee maker for not stirring your coffee too. It wasn't made to stir your coffee, just to make it.

I enjoyed Sheva's actual character design, and her personality. She was strong willed, sassy, but not "stand ontop of a pile of zombies shooing her shotgun in the air" sassy which seems to be a theme for a lot of female characters in games. (It's like they have to prove how BA they are) She was just kind of Normal...which I appreciated, sometimes it's nice to have a character that's just straight up normal. She didn't have any amazing wall crawling skills, she was in there to get the job done. I enjoyed how she wasn't best friends with Chris as soon as they started. She was wary, and with time grew to become closer which was nice. This was her first appearance, she's got some time to build up her character a bit, we've had Jill, Claire and Ada around for quite a while. So we're used to them, I think if they introduce Sheva some more (with a good AI) She'll redeem herself. /rant.

By the way...if you play as Sheva, Chris' AI is poopdookie...But it doesn't make him a bad character. :<

KennedyShot02

Sheva was a potentially good character. They could have done much more with her and Atleast she was better then Ashley.

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
The only probs I had with Sheva was her using up all her ammo and screaming "I NEED AMMO!" Otherwise I didn't mind her so much. She's more or less gonna be a one off character like Carlos and Steve lol

Top Bottom