• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Sherry Birkin is in RE6, not Ashley.

KKAAIIG

Much speculation has surrounded the identity of the unnamed mercenary character's companion, a blonde woman. Many people have theorized that the character is Ashley Graham due to the story's involvement of the president, who may or may not be President Graham. However, our sources have confirmed to us that the character is actually Sherry Birkin, daughter of Resident Evil 2's villain, William Birkin.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmm...Is this a good turn of events...Or one that is not so great, as it's less of a reference to RE4...

KKAAIIG

Hmm...Is this a good turn of events...Or one that is not so great, as it's less of a reference to RE4...
Either Sherry or Ashley, I'm not sure... But I've heard that the new mercenary character is related to one of the Resident Evil characters.. My guess is Jill but we'll have to wait for more info from Capcom.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure its Ashley.

As many times as I've played RE4 I could NEVER forget her voice saying "LEON HALP!". That is definitely the same voice that was used by Ashley in RE4 no question.

And it would be downright dumb if she was not in this game considering her Dad the president has a role in it. Where exactly would she be?

I don't think that its Sherry.

But the main villian that has been speculated to be a women could be Sherry since Sherry should be aroun 23 around this time since it takes place 10 years after racoon city and she was 13 then.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I kind of wondered if it was Sherry Birkin. I believe it is her now. The nose is different from Ashley's and the really short blonde hair resembles Sherry Birkin's. Also I think Ashley would be running around with Leon since he is dealing with the dead, zombie president (who probably isn't President Graham since RE6 takes place at least 4 years after RE4).

This chick looks to be running around in another country.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Ah, I like it. The extra character being Sherry makes sense (even if not taking the confirmation into account) as opposed to Ashley. Sherry has more of a history with Umbrella and more of a drive to take out whatever zombies there are, as she lost both of her parents in the Raccoon City incident when she was only a child. Ashley was just sorta... there. Personally I would hate it if they brought her back, but that's beside the point.

And off topic slightly; Why does Leon always look completely different in every game he's in? lol

KKAAIIG

Ah, I like it. The extra character being Sherry makes sense (even if not taking the confirmation into account) as opposed to Ashley. Sherry has more of a history with Umbrella and more of a drive to take out whatever zombies there are, as she lost both of her parents in the Raccoon City incident when she was only a child. Ashley was just sorta... there. Personally I would hate it if they brought her back, but that's beside the point.

And off topic slightly; Why does Leon always look completely different in every game he's in? lol
I agree with everything you just said, I have no idea why Leon or Jill looks different all the time. I guess Capcom tries to age them in each game and give them some kind of sex appeal?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm actually a huge fan of Leon's new look...I think he looks incredibly similar to his RE4 and 2 self, however, the current gen systems, did a GREAT job of aging him...I mean, think about it...Now that their able to give him the slight facial hair and stressed look...After all he's been through he CAN'T have aged well...Besides...They did that with Chris as well...They've done it with all the character that have moved to the current gen systems...Minus Rebecca and Barry, but that was mercs, so it doesn't count...And it's always turned out amazing..

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Much speculation has surrounded the identity of the unnamed mercenary character's companion, a blonde woman. Many people have theorized that the character is Ashley Graham due to the story's involvement of the president, who may or may not be President Graham. However, our sources have confirmed to us that the character is actually Sherry Birkin, daughter of Resident Evil 2's villain, William Birkin.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html

I remember a PS3 magazine that had an article on RE5 after its debut trailer or something... they thought blonde Jill was a grown up Sherry!!

Genie

I hope that it is Ashley because Ashley is awesome :p and the voice is obviously the same voice actor! If it isn't, I see no logic in using the same voice actor as different character.. =(

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I thought it was pretty obvious that the female with Leon when the president zombifies is an older Ashley (if this has been discounted in a different thread, I apologize because this is my first post here). The hair and such looks different, but Capcom has a history of changing appearances and voices. The merc could be Sherry... that makes more sense than it being Ashley because four years is not long enough for someone who has no fighting skills to become a highly trained merc that's entrusted with someone who's immune to the virus or whatever it is. Sherry, on the other hand, has had plenty of time. I'm not convinced it is Sherry until I hear it from Capcom though. I remember when people thought test tube Jill in RE5 and Allison were respectively Sherry, and both of those were "confirmed."

bruno

Chief Researcher
Her voice sounds like Ashley, but I've also heard it was actually Sherry. Maybe, after the Government took custody of Sherry, the president grew her as his own daughter, renaming her as Ashley
The girl with Leon is part of the president's security.
I've heard rumours that the mercenary is Alex Wesker or HUNK. Maybe he's both.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Interesting twist if Ashley did turn out to be Sherry, but I don't know. I've heard about the new guy being HUNK, too, but that also seems unlikely. I can't wait until more is officially released about this game.

KKAAIIG

Her voice sounds like Ashley, but I've also heard it was actually Sherry. Maybe, after the Government took custody of Sherry, the president grew her as his own daughter, renaming her as Ashley
The girl with Leon is part of the president's security.
I've heard rumours that the mercenary is Alex Wesker or HUNK. Maybe he's both.
I heard he is related to one of the main characters.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I googled Carolyn Lawrence, Ashley's voice actress and I can't find a single source linking her to Resident Evil 6. I'm certainly not ruling her out, but at this point it's too early to tell.

I'm going to put my money on the blonde girl being Sherry. This is because I believe the bald(ish) man she is with in the trailer is Alex, as his blood is apparently worth alot of money. It would make more sense that since (Albert) Wesker had kidnapped Sherry, that Sherry might be more likely than Ashley (who at this point is probably not terribly important) to be hanging around with Alex (Wesker's brother/person/DNA/thing I dunno what they are). Besides, the girl in the trailer looks more like Sherry than Ashley to me but you never know with how RE animation has been evolving.

Allegedly. I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying that would make sense to me if they did that.

L30N

Alive
I googled Carolyn Lawrence, Ashley's voice actress and I can't find a single source linking her to Resident Evil 6. I'm certainly not ruling her out, but at this point it's too early to tell.

I'm going to put my money on the blonde girl being Sherry. This is because I believe the bald(ish) man she is with in the trailer is Alex, as his blood is apparently worth alot of money. It would make more sense that since (Albert) Wesker had kidnapped Sherry, that Sherry might be more likely than Ashley (who at this point is probably not terribly important) to be hanging around with Alex (Wesker's brother/person/DNA/thing I dunno).

Allegedly. I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying that would make sense to me if they did that.

Ashley and Sherry is confirmed to be in the game.

Top Bottom