• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sell me on Resident Evil Resistance...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Infact i say that everyone is free to say it's garbage but they have to at least try because all the people I know who played it say it's good, even people who say that the game was bad after seeing the gameplay and trailer...

Yeah there is a huge difference in playing it and watching it dude

There really isn't if you're familiar enough with video games in general. This isn't some ground breaking game with innovative and revolutionary mechanics that you have to experience to understand.

D

Deleted member 21244

There really isn't if you're familiar enough with video games in general. This isn't some ground breaking game with innovative and revolutionary mechanics that you have to experience to understand.
Yeah of course, it's just a game to pass the time something I personally say, a game that could be dead after a week if they didn't add more contenent or other, a game that can became boring soon, but not garbage because he had good element, the graphic is good for example and the gameplay is fun....
That was my point, also I asked to kennedy if he can explain me why he is garbage, that's all, I want to hear people opinion on why they think it's not a good game....

Also what people seems to not understan is that this is just a spinnoff game and that Capcom only showed a single mode and didn't yet showed the campaign nore other mode

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I have to agree with Wesker. I feel that if you're going to try to sell someone on something, who better to do that than someone who has actually played the game? And no, you do not have to play to see what it is, but in my experience, seeing gameplay and actually playing a game are totally different because in watching a game you totally miss out on the immersion factor which is a huge part on the enjoyability factor imo. I like to use Outlast as an example. I can watch Markiplier play Outlast all day long with no problem at all but I still can't play the game myself because even though I know where every enemy is and every event, actually being immersed in the universe scares the hell out of me. There is an element to actually experiencing a game that cannot be replicated by just watching gameplay.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I have to agree with Wesker. I feel that if you're going to try to sell someone on something, who better to do that than someone who has actually played the game? And no, you do not have to play to see what it is, but in my experience, seeing gameplay and actually playing a game are totally different because in watching a game you totally miss out on the immersion factor which is a huge part on the enjoyability factor imo. I like to use Outlast as an example. I can watch Markiplier play Outlast all day long with no problem at all but I still can't play the game myself because even though I know where every enemy is and every event, actually being immersed in the universe scares the hell out of me. There is an element to actually experiencing a game that cannot be replicated by just watching gameplay.

I definitely agree, but I don't think it's necessary to have to play a game to know exactly what you're in for. My opinions on Fortnite weren't any different after playing it because I knew exactly what it was and playing it only reinforced my dislike of it.

I'm sure KennedyKiller was speaking very loosely when he called the game garbage. The game clearly doesn't look awful by any means, but the idea of it and the fact that time and effort is being put into a project nobody asked for, is kind of garbage. I had a code for the beta myself, but I honestly just didn't care to try it because my interest had already waned.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That's unfortunate because it is actually a fun game and at the end of the day nobody can change the fact that is has been made and is 'stealing' effort or resources (even though REmake 3 is rumored to be outsourced anyway, which kinda make that point irrelevant), so that in itself is not a fair reason to immediately call the game garbage.

Either way, the game has been made. Most of the work has already been done. Hell, for all we know, Project Resistance is just formatted in a way that allows the player to experience the gameplay (which I still say does feel like Outbreak) in a timed setting and will be completely different out of beta form, since the point of a beta is only to experience a small piece while exploring for bugs and whatnot. I don't find it entirely unfathomable for this to turn into a game that is even more similar to Outbreak than it already feels when placed into a campaign scenerio where you play some nobody in Raccoon City and try to survive. In the way you can't judge Resident Evil by its side games (Mercs, Raid, 4th Survivor, etc), and I believe this to be fact, its way too early to look at Project Resistance and think this is all it will ever be. Not to mention a certain Resident Evil demo (Resident Evil 7) was bad about leading players in a direction that was significantly different than the finished product so why should it be assumed this beta is an exact representation of the final product?

My husband has beta tested many games and they rarely stay even close on release.

I feel like Project Resistance really does have a good shot at being a spiritual successor to Outbreak in a campaign scenerio if done right. Will it be done right? I don't know, I'm not from the future. But the potential is there. I do know that going into a game, or anything else for that matter, expecting it to be bad (which a lot of people are doing with this game), you're probably going to perceive it as bad.

Just wait until the final product is released. This beta really is enjoyable and if people are so caught up in their assumptions about it without experiencing it then they are missing out. Gaming is about the experience at the end of the day. What's in a name?

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah probably nobody asked for this game but since we'll have to wait for a new main game I'm OK whit the fact of having spin off title made to continue playing into the resident evil universe while waiting...

It's seem like people are forgetting that capcom had multiple teams and there are people who are working on project resistance, meantime there are people who are working on Re 3 remake and people who are working on Re 8, so making this spin off or not making it would not have changed the main series progression, it only expand the universe and give us more change of playing other resident evil game while a main game is made...

Nobody asked for operation raccon city or outbreak yet I buyed them and enjoyed them as spin off

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
That's unfortunate because it is actually a fun game and at the end of the day nobody can change the fact that is has been made and is 'stealing' effort or resources (even though REmake 3 is rumored to be outsourced anyway, which kinda make that point irrelevant), so that in itself is not a fair reason to immediately call the game garbage.

Either way, the game has been made. Most of the work has already been done. Hell, for all we know, Project Resistance is just formatted in a way that allows the player to experience the gameplay (which I still say does feel like Outbreak) in a timed setting and will be completely different out of beta form, since the point of a beta is only to experience a small piece while exploring for bugs and whatnot. I don't find it entirely unfathomable for this to turn into a game that is even more similar to Outbreak than it already feels when placed into a campaign scenerio where you play some nobody in Raccoon City and try to survive. In the way you can't judge Resident Evil by its side games (Mercs, Raid, 4th Survivor, etc), and I believe this to be fact, its way too early to look at Project Resistance and think this is all it will ever be. Not to mention a certain Resident Evil demo (Resident Evil 7) was bad about leading players in a direction that was significantly different than the finished product so why should it be assumed this beta is an exact representation of the final product?

My husband has beta tested many games and they rarely stay even close on release.

I feel like Project Resistance really does have a good shot at being a spiritual successor to Outbreak in a campaign scenerio if done right. Will it be done right? I don't know, I'm not from the future. But the potential is there. I do know that going into a game, or anything else for that matter, expecting it to be bad (which a lot of people are doing with this game), you're probably going to perceive it as bad.

Just wait until the final product is released. This beta really is enjoyable and if people are so caught up in their assumptions about it without experiencing it then they are missing out. Gaming is about the experience at the end of the day. What's in a name?

I never said it was stealing resources from other games. Just that it's wasted effort because many people don't have any interest in this game and I honestly don't see it being the big hit I'm sure they're hoping it to be, just like Umbrella Corp. Especially so close to the end of the generation.

I also heavily disagree with this assessment. This is a multiplayer driven game, much like Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th. We've already seen the core of the experience and that's exactly what they're trying to sell us on. The single player campaign is just additional content as opposed to the other way around, and in my experience, that's not a great sign of a quality campaign. This is definitely not a bait and switch scenario like Resident Evil 7. You just can't get away with that with a multiplayer game. The purpose of an open beta in regards to multiplayer, at least in my experience, is to test for bugs and exploits so that they can better balance the game. Of the multiplayer betas I've played, they've all stayed relatively the same by release, at least in terms of looking and playing exactly like it did during the beta, because it's not like they're gonna pull an entirely new game out of nowhere by the time this game releases. It's still gonna be exactly what's being advertised here.

I think the game looks fine, and I'm open-minded enough to want to be proven wrong and have a campaign with just as much effort put into it as the online, as that would be the only reason I'd ever pick up the game. But aside from that, it honestly looks like a game that will be fun for a couple of hours, and then I'll never touch again, which just isn't worth it to me nor what I'm looking for in a Resident Evil spin-off. The game just isn't for me.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
You don't have to agree with my assessment. It seems like we will not agree on the subject at all. I'm just here to try and sell the game because that's the topic of the thread lol.

From what I've read, the devs are pretty confident in the single player campaign and that is why they're focusing so hard on the multiplayer aspect which is what the beta is. What we see is not all we are going to get, and even still, what we have is enjoyable.

You naysayers can sit and stew. I'm going to remain optimistic. Too much energy is wasted on negativity. The beta is fun, it doesn't harm the linear series and it's confirmed to only be a piece of something bigger. We have so much more to see and experience.

D

Deleted member 21244

I never said it was stealing resources from other games. Just that it's wasted effort because many people don't have any interest in this game and I honestly don't see it being the big hit I'm sure they're hoping it to be, just like Umbrella Corp. Especially so close to the end of the generation.

I also heavily disagree with this assessment. This is a multiplayer driven game, much like Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th. We've already seen the core of the experience and that's exactly what they're trying to sell us on. The single player campaign is just additional content as opposed to the other way around, and in my experience, that's not a great sign of a quality campaign. This is definitely not a bait and switch scenario like Resident Evil 7. You just can't get away with that with a multiplayer game. The purpose of an open beta in regards to multiplayer, at least in my experience, is to test for bugs and exploits so that they can better balance the game. Of the multiplayer betas I've played, they've all stayed relatively the same by release, at least in terms of looking and playing exactly like it did during the beta, because it's not like they're gonna pull an entirely new game out of nowhere by the time this game releases. It's still gonna be exactly what's being advertised here.

I think the game looks fine, and I'm open-minded enough to want to be proven wrong and have a campaign with just as much effort put into it as the online, as that would be the only reason I'd ever pick up the game. But aside from that, it honestly looks like a game that will be fun for a couple of hours, and then I'll never touch again, which just isn't worth it to me nor what I'm looking for in a Resident Evil spin-off. The game just isn't for me.
I have to agree whit you in some part, obviously I would have liked a spin off title like revelations 3, but I'm OK whit this...

I hope the campaign would be good and not some random mission like umbrella corps

I just don't understand this much hate by other people, even on social network ecc... They even write Capcom you are ****... I mean why say this? If they didn't like it just wait for a main game resident evil

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
After reading through this thread, I am sold that I want to TRY it. But not buy it. I guess that depends on the price. If it goes for full retail, I will wait until 2020 to get it.

I certainly don't want to skip out on a new RE experience!

D

Deleted member 21244

After reading through this thread, I am sold that I want to TRY it. But not buy it. I guess that depends on the price. If it goes for full retail, I will wait until 2020 to get it.

I certainly don't want to skip out on a new RE experience!
Capcom confirmed that it Wil not be full price so i guess it will be half price

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Did you play it? Well I did and it isn't garbage... Why is it garbage? What didnt you like?

Also we still haven't seen anything about this game, just one level and one mode, it's like judging Re 2 remake by looking only at the ghost survivor mode and only one level

Obviusly you are free to say it is garbage but at least I ll invite you to try it and wait to find out more about it
You are hell bent on defending this game lol. Dude, it's cool for people to not wanna try something.

As for WHY I think it's gonna be garbage, because I think it's a soulless cash grab that goes against everything Resident Evil stands for. I don't need to play it do know what Kinds of games I do and don't like, and based on everything that's been said/shown about this game, it is the type of video game I loathe, and think have oversaturated the marked. I couldn't care less about Capcom jumping on the bandwagon, and then slapping the Resident Evil universe label on it to try and make it look more appealing.

EDIT: @ToCool74 I should have read your comment before replying, because we basically said the same thing lol. I am in total agreement with you here.

Top Bottom