• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sell me on Resident Evil Resistance...

Jill_is_my_Valentine

This is for those of you who are excited for RE: Resistance. Honestly, I'm not particularly excited about the game since I was hoping for either a remake of Resident Evil 3 (thus far, the only mainline resident evil game I haven't played, but want to a lot) or a Resident Evil 8. So if you are excited about Resistance, please let me know why. I'd love to get on board for the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

This is for those of you who are excited for RE: Resistance. Honestly, I'm not particularly excited about the game since I was hoping for either a remake of Resident Evil 3 (thus far, the only mainline resident evil game I haven't played, but want to a lot) or a Resident Evil 8. So if you are excited about Resistance, please let me know why. I'd love to get on board for the game.
I played the beta and isn't That bad, you are thinking to much about it, it's just a low budget spin off Selled at half price, so take it as it is nothing more... Capcom is probably working on Re 3 remake and re 8z this is just something to pass them, also you couldn't really expected a resident evil 3 remake annocuement after resident evil 2 remake was just released 9 month ago, it's still to early...

Also I write an entire post on my impression on the beta you can take a look at it into resident evil general section, a new resident evil game is in development thread

Jill_is_my_Valentine

I played the beta and isn't That bad, you are thinking to much about it, it's just a low budget spin off Selled at half price, so take it as it is nothing more... Capcom is probably working on Re 3 remake and re 8z this is just something to pass them, also you couldn't really expected a resident evil 3 remake annocuement after resident evil 2 remake was just released 9 month ago, it's still to early...

Also I write an entire post on my impression on the beta you can take a look at it into resident evil general section, a new resident evil game is in development thread

That’s all true. Still, I’m not sure how I feel about a 4v1 style multiplayer game. I’ll try to find your impressions and look there.

At least it’s not a Resident Evil themed battle royal game?

D

Deleted member 21244

That’s all true. Still, I’m not sure how I feel about a 4v1 style multiplayer game. I’ll try to find your impressions and look there.

At least it’s not a Resident Evil themed battle royal game?
No its not a battle royal game, the game look like outbreak, it had similar gameplay, only that there is the mastermind there to try and kill you... I had the impression this game would be an outbreak since the title project resistance its just a provissory title

Also there is going to be a single player campaign, i will not expect it to be a well Done campaign like a main resident evil 2 but at least I expect it to be adecent campaign, maybe the campaign can be played online too just like outbreak

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I feel you. This game is not for me though since I'm not into co-op or arcade style modes in video games at all, so there's actually nothing that could make me excited about it. I know there's a large fan base for these types of games though, and as long as they are excited about Project Resistance that's all good to me.

For those of us who prefer more story-based games, I suppose we just have to continue to wait patiently....

D

Deleted member 21244

I feel you. This game is not for me though since I'm not into co-op or arcade style modes in video games at all, so there's actually nothing that could make me excited about it. I know there's a large fan base for these types of games though, and as long as they are excited about Project Resistance that's all good to me.

For those of us who prefer more story-based games, I suppose we just have to continue to wait patiently....
I obviously prefer story based game and main resident evil game, but as long as Capcom make good spin off at low price I will buy them because I like resident evil, I'm not very excited about it either but I prove the beta and it was good and interesting...

Since there is still time to wait until Re 3 remake or re 8 I will buy this to continue playing into the world of resident evil until a main game came out, its just a game to pass the time, do some match a day to steel felt the resident evil world

I think there is nothing wrong in having some multiplayer spin off between main game as long as they didn't ruin the main series

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I really liked Project Resistance. I also think it feels like Outbreak (at least this far in the beta), but it has the added motivation of having the timed rounds like in Mercenaries. It's also great for team building - you absolutely MUST work as a team as the Survivor group otherwise you probably won't win. It encourages cooperation and support which is definitely missing from modern multiplayer games imo.

I also feel that it distances itself enough. It's obviously in the Resident Evil universe, but I never got the feeling that it was overstepping into a realm where it didn't belong, unlike Resident Evil 7 and their Redfield 'twist'.

I feel like people just look at this game with an unwarranted negative preconception. Everyone I know who has played it has enjoyed it.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
No its not a battle royal game, the game look like outbreak, it had similar gameplay, only that there is the mastermind there to try and kill you...

Wait what?

I agree that the initial screenshots looked like it could have been outbreak given the whole "survivors working in Racoon City" type of images, but once the gameplay was shown its nothing like outbreak at all, this game by definition is a Third Person Over the shoulder gampeplay Asymmetrical Multiplayer game while Outbreak is a Fixed Camera gameplay Survival horror game with multiplayer elements, 2 clear and different types of gameplay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Wait what?

I agree that the initial screenshots looked like it could have been outbreak given the whole "survivors working in Racoon City" type of images, but once the gameplay was shown its nothing like outbreak at all, this game by definition is a Third Person Over the shoulder gampeplay Asymmetrical Multiplayer game while Outbreak is a Fixed Camera gameplay Survival horror game with multiplayer elements, 2 clear and different types of gameplay.
They are similar, you are cooperating whit multiples player to exit an area just like outbreak, you can use melee weapon you pick like outbreak, you also had to watch out from the infection just like re outbreak and use item to cure it, put this gameplay into a campaign and you will have an outbreak game... Since a campaign is been confirmed put the survivor gameolay into the campaign and guess what? You had a game that had very similar if not the same gameplay as outbreak only that you have thir person view....
Resident evil 2 remake had third persone view while re 2 original had fixed camera yet they are the same game, having a different camera doesn't mean it couldnt be the same game

Also other people like rain611 fell like the gameplay is similar to Outbreak

@Rain611 yeah I enjoyed the beta, I think that people should take out of their mind negative toguth on this game and take it as it is, a resident evil spin off

ToCool74

Veteran Member
They are similar, you are cooperating whit multiples player to exit an area just like outbreak, you can use melee weapon you pick like outbreak, you also had to watch out from the infection just like re outbreak and use item to cure it, put this gameplay into a campaign and you will have an outbreak game... Since a campaign is been confirmed put the survivor gameolay into the campaign and guess what? You had a game that had very similar if not the same gameplay as outbreak only that you have thir person view....
Resident evil 2 remake had third persone view while re 2 original had fixed camera yet they are the same game, having a different camera doesn't mean it couldnt be the same game

Also other people like rain611 fell like the gameplay is similar to Outbreak

@Rain611 yeah I enjoyed the beta, I think that people should take out of their mind negative toguth on this game and take it as it is, a resident evil spin off

Come on dude lol, I can say that Destiny is the same as Phantasy Star since both are about intergalatic travel to different planets where you find new powers, abilites, and weapons to take on Alien monsters and robots and yet that does not make them the same, the core gameplay and feel are still vastly different, your grasping so hard here dude, RE2 remake and RE2 original are the "same game" in the sense that remake is a REMAKE of that very game, the same does not apply to Resistance and Outbreak and even then RE2 remake and its original are only "the same" in notion that they are built around the same premise but the gameplay is still different.

I honestly do not need to argue this with you dude, I pointed out basic fact and anybody with eyes and a ability to check out youtube can clearly see that Resistance is a Asymmetrical multiplayer game in the vein of Dead by Daylight while Outbreak is the original classic Resident Evil fixed camera SURVIAL HORROR ADVENTURE games with added multiplayer, the only similarities the two have is that both involve survivors trying to survive against BOWs but that is where the similarities end.

This game has you trapped in a underground lab trying to get out using Asymmetrical mutliplayer, Outbreak has you traveling to DIFFERENT parts of Racoon City and you having to explore those different areas in the same way you did with the original games but this time multiplayer elements added, night and day difference.

D

Deleted member 21244

Come on dude lol, I can say that Destiny is the same as Phantasy Star since both are about intergalatic travel to different planets where you find new powers, abilites, and weapons to take on Alien monsters and robots and yet that does not make them the same, the core gameplay and feel are still vastly different, your grasping so hard here dude, RE2 remake and RE2 original are the "same game" in the sense that remake is a REMAKE of that very game, the same does not apply to Resistance and Outbreak and even then RE2 remake and its original are only "the same" in notion that they are built around the same premise but the gameplay is still different.

I honestly do not need to argue this with you dude, I pointed out basic fact and anybody with eyes and a ability to check out youtube can clearly see that Resistance is a Asymmetrical multiplayer game in the vein of Dead by Daylight while Outbreak is the original classic Resident Evil fixed camera SURVIAL HORROR ADVENTURE games with added multiplayer, the only similarities the two have is that both involve survivors trying to survive against BOWs but that is where the similarities end.

This game has you trapped in a underground lab trying to get out using Asymmetrical mutliplayer, Outbreak has you traveling to DIFFERENT parts of Racoon City and you having to explore those different areas in the same way you did with the original games but this time multiplayer elements added, night and day difference.
Belive what you want dude, I played it and I know what I m talking about, I had outrbeake gameplay feeling while playing it... They had very similar gameplay only that you also play whit mastermind, and it's a multiplayer mode, but some part of outrbeake gameplay is there... Probably you didn't read my post because I say that the survivor gameplay look like the outbreak gameplay, and since the game will have a single player campaign just put that gameplay into the campaign and you will have an outbreak, I didn't say that the entire mode I played was exactly like outbreak, I say that there are some gameplay elements like outbreak while playing the survivos

Also you say that you dont need to argue this whit me, stop arguing than and relax...
I just give my opinion on what the game looked like, maybe you should try it first before arguing about something and give a final verdict

Last edited by a moderator:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Belive what you want dude, I played it and I know what I m talking about, I had outrbeake gameplay feeling while playing it... They had very similar gameplay only that you also play whit mastermind, and it's a multiplayer mode, but some part of outrbeake gameplay is there... Probably you didn't read my post because I say that the survivor gameplay look like the outbreak gameplay, and since the game will have a single player campaign just put that gameplay into the campaign and you will have an outbreak, I didn't say that the entire mode I played was exactly like outbreak, I say that there are some gameplay elements like outbreak while playing the survivos

Also you say that you dont need to argue this whit me, stop arguing than and relax...
I just give my opinion on what the game looked like, maybe you should try it first before arguing about something and give a final verdict

Woah relax dude lol, I didn't mean to offend you, when I said I did not need to argue it was not from a place of hostility but more from the point of me saying there is no point in debating this when all anybody has to do is look at YouTube got the gameplay of the two and compare to see the clear difference, I'm not saying the two do not share similar traits such as both being set in the same world and playing as survivors who have to take on Umbrella made monsters but from what I have seen in beta playthroughs on YouTube where I watched a full hour of gameplay that is where the similarities end between the two, these games are at their core two very different games and that was the issue I had with your initial reply that these 2 are similar in gameplay which for the most part they are not, a better term woupd have been that they have similar elements.

But hey feel free to believe what you want dude, nobody has to take my word for it all they have to do is do a compare video themselves to judge, with that I'm out.

D

Deleted member 21244

Woah relax dude lol, I didn't mean to offend you, when I said I did not need to argue it was not from a place of hostility but more from the point of me saying there is no point in debating this when all anybody has to do is look at YouTube got the gameplay of the two and compare to see the clear difference, I'm not saying the two do not share similar traits such as both being set in the same world and playing as survivors who have to take on Umbrella made monsters but from what I have seen in beta playthroughs on YouTube where I watched a full hour of gameplay that is where the similarities end between the two, these games are at their core two very different games and that was the issue I had with your initial reply that these 2 are similar in gameplay which for the most part they are not, a better term woupd have been that they have similar elements.

But hey feel free to believe what you want dude, nobody has to take my word for it all they have to do is do a compare video themselves to judge, with that I'm out.
That s exactly what I say in all my post, I didn't say that the whole gameplay was the same as outbreak but some part are similar and I also listed what part, in my first post...
I suggest you to play the game yourself, to give a better look at what i m saying, and judje the game a little better...

Ps: that example between destiny and phantasy star had no meaning because they are two different game from two different series but outrbeack and project Resistance share the Same universe and belong to the same franchise, obviously if i see some similarity between two game of the same franchise I will say it...

Also what the hell are we talking about?
I simply say that That beta had similar gameplay from outbreak, I didn't say that 100 % of the gameplay is exactly like outbreak, maybe a 35 % and only when you play as the survivor, also i say that if you take the survivo gameplay and put it into a single player campaign whit story, add horro atmosphere and some re 2 remake exploration and you will have and outbreak game, maybe i wasn't exactly clear on my previous post...

It's obvious that the mode whit the mastermind and survivor is not an outbreak game its far from it, but I only say that there are some outbreak gameplay element while playing as the survivor... Similar gameplay element were also in operation raccon city but that is far away from an outbreak game yet had some gameplay elements taken from outbreak, like the virus infection and Co op gameplay whit many player and every player whit different ability, yeah I also had this one to the similarity between outbreak and project resistance, the fact that the character had differtn ability...

D

Deleted member 21244

Game looks like garbage. I won't sell you on a product I don't believe in.
Did you play it? Well I did and it isn't garbage... Why is it garbage? What didnt you like?

Also we still haven't seen anything about this game, just one level and one mode, it's like judging Re 2 remake by looking only at the ghost survivor mode and only one level

Obviusly you are free to say it is garbage but at least I ll invite you to try it and wait to find out more about it

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Did you play it? Well I did and it isn't garbage... Why is it garbage? What didnt you like?

Also we still haven't seen anything about this game, just one level and one mode, it's like judging Re 2 remake by looking only at the ghost survivor mode and only one level

Obviusly you are free to say it is garbage but at least I ll invite you to try it and wait to find out more about it

Dude I don't know if its your intention but your starting to come across as a guy who thinks his opinion means more since he has played it while others have not, first you asked me have I played and now your asking if KennedyKiller has and your over all tone after asking this hints at you know better than us and your opinion has more weight because you have played it, fact is there are 1 hr+ beta gameplay in their entirety on youtube that breaks down the core gameplay and lets fans know what the current product is, you do NOT have to have played it to have a current opinion on it and if KennedyKiller thinks its currrently key word CURRENTLY looks like Garbage than let him, I'm on the fence based on what has been shown as well but time will tell if the final product changes that opinion although I would not bet on it since I'm all worn on out on Asymmetrical Multplayer games that currently flood the market.

D

Deleted member 21244

Dude I don't know if its your intention but your starting to come across as a guy who thinks his opinion means more since he has played it while others have not, first you asked me have I played and now your asking if KennedyKiller has and your over all tone after asking this hints at you know better than us and your opinion has more weight because you have played it, fact is there are 1 hr+ beta gameplay in their entirety on youtube that breaks down the core gameplay and lets fans know what the current product is, you do NOT have to have played it to have a current opinion on it and if KennedyKiller thinks its currrently key word CURRENTLY looks like Garbage than let him, I'm on the fence based on what has been shown as well but time will tell if the final product changes that opinion although I would not bet on it since I'm all worn on out on Asymmetrical Multplayer games that currently flood the market.
Infact i say that everyone is free to say it's garbage but they have to at least try because all the people I know who played it say it's good, even people who say that the game was bad after seeing the gameplay and trailer...

Yeah there is a huge difference in playing it and watching it dude

My intention is not to say that I know more about the game because I played but that I suggest people to play it because you can feel be your own hand if it's enjoyable or not... I was one of the first to say Iy was **** but my opinion change after playing it also I didn't say it's a masterpiece or other but that it's a good game, a 6.5 out of 10 or a 7 put of 10

Top Bottom