• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Save game more than 999 times?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE4 on the PS2 is counting the number you save, this number has 3 digits and the highest possible number is of course 999.

Has anyone tried to save the game more than 999 times? So far I've not noticed any glitches in the game, and hopefully it's not going to cause problems saving more than 999 times. Perhaps I'm the only player in history that'll exceed the 3-digit limit, in that case of course no one can answer this.
:unsure:

I am possibly a bit paranoid, but my encounter with other glitchy games that messed up save files for little reason makes me paranoid.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
LOL, why would you wanna save that many times, i barely ever save on RE games, it would take me a lifetime to reach 999.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
iHadeSsS;28707 said:
LOL, why would you wanna save that many times, i barely ever save on RE games, it would take me a lifetime to reach 999.
I save all the time. I'm perfectionist and only surviving is not satisfying. I reload every time I think I could have done better. Mistakes are not acceptable. On the last chapter I missed with 1 bullet. I hated it, but that was the best I could do.

I'm serious about my games, lol. I almost start to think RE4 is too easy. If it was difficult I would not need to make it difficult.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
even being a perfectionist you still wouldnt need 999 saves...:s
im starting to save more, as im working on my RE4 speedrun..trying to get it done in 3 and a half hours if i can..
as my current is like 5 hours, with alot of mistakes and time wasting.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Perhaps I'll never reach 999, but who knows. I'm at 60 already, but much of that is due to farming gold eggs.

Can you gain or lose something depending on how fast or slow you finish the game? Or is it just to say "I finished it that fast". (That's a challenge too. :) )

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Action Replay is some kinda cheat disc It's awesome, lets you play imported games. I had to use it to plat RE4 which means I couldnt use cheats coz it was imported :( lol
I'm not sure if you get anything spesh for doing RE4 speedrun lol

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE5.;28876 said:
Action Replay is some kinda cheat disc It's awesome, lets you play imported games. I had to use it to plat RE4 which means I couldnt use cheats coz it was imported :( lol
I'm not sure if you get anything spesh for doing RE4 speedrun lol
I don't know what rathit meant, perhaps he posted in the wrong thread.

ResidentZelda

I have reached it I gained 50 bucks because my uncle said "I bet you cannot save more than three times" so I said "try me" and then I saved like 997 (wasn't that crazy 50 bucks?!)

Nosophoros

ResidentZelda;36637 said:
I have reached it I gained 50 bucks because my uncle said "I bet you cannot save more than three times" so I said "try me" and then I saved like 997 (wasn't that crazy 50 bucks?!)

Why would he bet that??

Top Bottom