• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Rwsi will return to roots confirmation.

Even Chris alone in a forest literally surrounded by zombies would be scary if they didn't give you a grenade launcher.
I agree, it's not necessarily the characters themselves that have to be completely terrified all the time. The atmosphere counts a lot. It's not like Chris and Jill were convincingly scared in RE1 with the bad voice acting and dialog, yet the game itself was still scary. (Same with RE2) Albeit, the characters are experienced but they're still human and they don't want to die.

I want more horror, but I don't want to give up my mascots completely so making them show a little more fear and trauma after all they have been through wouldn't be a bad change or addition.

In Code Veronica Chris dropped most of his items by accident. I would love for something like that to happen again. In the little bit of Revelations I have played Jill loses her items at one point too. It got way more scary and tense at that time.

bruno

Chief Researcher
In Code Veronica Chris dropped most of his items by accident. I would love for something like that to happen again. In the little bit of Revelations I have played Jill loses her items at one point too. It got way more scary and tense at that time.
Chris and Jill lose all their items in a point in Lost in Nightmares and never recover them again...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
This is gonna sound stupid, but I always thought that RE6 was a kind of market research project for Capcom (not that it was the sole purpose, but just as an aside to it being a game), in that they have us three different styles of campaign to see which was the most popular. On their Facebook page they had a poll asking which campaign was the fans' favourites. Leon's campaign, if I remember rightly, far outstripped the other two, so maybe this is why there's a sudden reboot to the old style of RE. Having said that, I really hope we don't lose the characters we've come to know, because that's part of the charm of RE for me, the continuity, seeing what's new with them. Fingers crossed they'll do a reboot in the best possible way.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I really wanna see Leon and Chris team up with Jill and Claire for RE7.

I like that idea.

I could potentially be ok with reboot if the following happens.

1.The characters attitude and looks remain unchanged. I don't mind the story becoming different so long as the character I love stay like they where.

2.It would have to start out on a epic note. I'm talking about seeing Leon,Chris,Claire,Jill,Rebecca,Ada,and Barry all in one game.

3.It would have to start out on a similar note to RE1, being trapped in a creepy mansion and maybe then traveling to Racoon City at a later point in the game to meet up with survivors.

Chris and Jill lose all their items in a point in Lost in Nightmares and never recover them again...
Really? More for me to look forward to then. ^_^

Btw, Jenevieva, that doesn't sound stupid at all, that sounds pretty logical. Resident Evil itself became a test subject. :D

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
This is gonna sound stupid, but I always thought that RE6 was a kind of market research project for Capcom (not that it was the sole purpose, but just as an aside to it being a game), in that they have us three different styles of campaign to see which was the most popular.

No I totally agree. Resident Evil 1 was a test to see the reactions to this "survival horror" genre. Mercenaries 3D and Revelations were tests of the capabilities of 3ds. Re.net was created specifically to moniter which parts of the game people were playing most often. They totally wanted to kind of please everyone and then watch how many people were on one side or the other. Just by playing you're voting, really. Hopefully they have enough input to realize that the game needs to go back to what it was originally intended for. A test of what can be done with the survival horror genre.

Reactions: Jen

Aleck

Biohazard
If they make a reboot, then that's it for me.
But I don't understand why. What fans are complaining about is that the game is not "horror" anymore. Why don't they first try to make another horror game with the material they have before changing it? And I don't mean having Leon walk through some dark hallways with some lightnings and only turning the game into a shooter afterwards; I mean something like Revelations. I haven't played that game myself, but people who played it told me that it gets quite close to our good old RE feeling, even though the main characters are Jill, Chris, and other BSAA agents.
Oh, right, the characters! I've come across comments like: "Most of the characters are too experienced to be scared, so they aren't suitable for horror games anymore." Well, if that really is what it's all about, just move away from Chris and the others for a moment and look at what else you have: There are enough more civilian-like characters whose stories could be continued - Claire; Ashley; Rebecca; maybe Billy; Hunnigan, who always monitors the action, but has never been part of it yet; Barry, who moved away from Raccoon City and picked a different job to ensure a peaceful life for his family; the list goes on.
I also wouldn't mind remakes (a remake of RE2 would be great, since the old game and my new computer don't get along very well), but Capcom, please stay inside the universe you've established over the last seventeen years. Everything else would be a waste of potential.

They need to read your post! I played Revelations and although I'll agree it wasn't perfect, it came alot closer to the old RE games than ORC and RE6 did. It is not without its faults, but they're minimal. The action is there, but it is not a hot mess like it was in RE5 an RE6. I don't want them to reboot it just yet. There is alot of life left in these characters and many stories left to explore and create. Here's a suggestion, why not slow down the aging process? In other words, quit skipping ahead so many years and let the characters enjoy their youth!:confused: Bring on Rebecca in her own game with supporting characters. Give her a strong introduction and make her important to the series. I can get behind it, just make it an awesome horror game.

Note - Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares was more akin to the original RE too. Excellent graphics, music, feeling of dread...zombies! No weapons! More of that Capcom.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Here's a suggestion, why not slow down the aging process? In other words, quit skipping ahead so many years and let the characters enjoy their youth!:confused:

I totally agree. RE6 could have been 3-6 seperate games in itself. There's no reason not to stretch out the story. Again. Roots. Like when u finished RE2 and went...wait...so where's her brother? =p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Here's a suggestion, why not slow down the aging process? In other words, quit skipping ahead so many years and let the characters enjoy their youth!:confused:

Exactly! I've said it so many times, there's really no need to have every event take place in the same year the respective game is published. Where have Chris and Jill been between 1998 and 2009? We only know of two incidents during that time, namely Revelations and Lost in Nightmares, but come on, that can't be all they've done. Also, the positive reception of Revelations makes it clear to me that fans don't mind going back in time. So, instead of having sixty-year-old grandpas in Resident Evil 10, Capcom might as well stop numbering their titles and tell us more about what the characters have been up to in the past.

Howard

Hero of the alspark
Exactly! I've said it so many times, there's really no need to have every event take place in the same year the respective game is published. Where have Chris and Jill been between 1998 and 2009? We only know of two incidents during that time, namely Revelations and Lost in Nightmares, but come on, that can't be all they've done. Also, the positive reception of Revelations makes it clear to me that fans don't mind going back in time. So, instead of having sixty-year-old grandpas in Resident Evil 10, Capcom might as well stop numbering their titles and tell us more about what the characters have been up to in the past.
Like bringing back Billy, and Hunk for another round.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
This is gonna sound stupid, but I always thought that RE6 was a kind of market research project for Capcom (not that it was the sole purpose, but just as an aside to it being a game), in that they have us three different styles of campaign to see which was the most popular. On their Facebook page they had a poll asking which campaign was the fans' favourites. Leon's campaign, if I remember rightly, far outstripped the other two, so maybe this is why there's a sudden reboot to the old style of RE. Having said that, I really hope we don't lose the characters we've come to know, because that's part of the charm of RE for me, the continuity, seeing what's new with them. Fingers crossed they'll do a reboot in the best possible way.
That sounds quite believable but no matter what type of gameplay the fans prefer the story should indeed stay.

If it does get rebooted, all I ask is............keep the shades Wesker.
Ohhh... F***!!! If they could change Dante that much.... imagine how could Wesker look... no better don't imagine, don't give them any ideas.

Flipqy42

Nevermore

Well, they attacked an Umbrella facility in Russia in 2003, which led to the downfall of Umbrella.

I think should be a game that takes place in 2003 that follows Leon, with his partner Barry. They follow a lead that a terrorist is planning on leaking the G-virus in, oh I don't know, maybe somewhere in Canada? Anyway, Leon and Barry go to find this guy, perhaps with support from Rebecca and another past character, in a Canadian city that's been contaminated with the T-virus. While there, Leon and Barry discover that the terrorist has been given the T and G viruses by Albert Wesker, leading to a confrontation many fans want between Leon and Wesker. Ada Wong makes some appearances, causing Leon to suspect that she may be working for Wesker, which he realizes is true a year later in RE4 (Leon: So it is true. Ada: True? True what? Leon: You, working with Wesker.)

And the game can have two scenarios, like RE2. Leon and Barry can be one scenario, and Rebecca and another character can be the other scenario.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
And the game can have two scenarios, like RE2. Leon and Barry can be one scenario, and Rebecca and another character can be the other scenario.

That's another thing I miss. A and B scenarios. Both 1 and 2 it was great to finish the game and then be super excited to see what happened to the other character after the split at the beginning. And both characters start and end in the same place. It's not necessary for a good game (3, 4, and CV were fine with one scenario), but it makes for a nice long game without all the mess. RE5 started the co op action thing and 6 was just a gong show. Leon and Helena could've split up and had one entire game from the beginning up to the cathedral. Then a seperate game for Chris and Piers in Europe, and one for Jake and Sherry. Then 3 more games starting in China. Ada could have been available upon completion or had her own. It was really 6 games mashed into one. They could still do co op as well, but with the split so that each character is playing a different game and intersecting, kind of like when Jake and Sherry get split up. There's a lot more they could do just by editing waaaay back on the need to put absolutely everything they have in one big mess. The story line was sooooo hard to follow, I spent the whole time tryin to put dates together in my head lol.

Ohhh... F***!!! If they could change Dante that much.... imagine how could Wesker look... no better don't imagine, don't give them any ideas.
Wesker is gonna have long black hair that goes down to his back in a pony tail with a monical instead of shades. He'll have buck teeth, green eyes, and an Indian accent instead of British. But it's cool cuz they will have him dress in all black so they can assure us it's the Wesker we know and love. :p

speaking of "Dante", am i the only one that gets a "Dante" vibe (or something of this) when Leon (RE6) does his taunt....
OMG, YES YES YES YES!!! I know I wasn't the only one! Especially when he's in his red pirate outfit. He and Damnation Leon look so much like DMC4 Dante. XD That taunt makes me squeal in delight!

There is alot of life left in these characters and many stories left to explore and create. Here's a suggestion, why not slow down the aging process? In other words, quit skipping ahead so many years and let the characters enjoy their youth!:confused:
I'm am bittersweet in that aspect. I liked it at first, and I still kinda do. The characters living in the same year that I'm in is pretty cool, it's like I grew up with the characters, perhaps it has aided my attachment to them seeing how they developed, evolved, and overcome many obstacles. But at the same time doing so...well now they're all old as phuck. Ok well maybe not THAT old but they don't have many years left to where them doing the things they do will be believable even for a sci-fi horror. They don't have to age with me for me to love em. :3

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The sad thing about the reboot if it happens is Capcom will hand it over to a cheap western developer, there'll be no more Japanese originality.

Top Bottom