• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Rwsi will return to roots confirmation.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I don't think this means much, I recall them saying the exact same thing about RE6. Saying that, I would love for Resident Evil goes back to it's horror roots, but I don't want it to be a reboot. There are too many story lines that haven't been resolved e.g Ada and Leon, The Family, Neo-umbrella, Jill, Claire etc. and if they just rebooted it we would be left wondering what happened after RE6.

If they did end up rebooting it, I agree that it should include the same characters from the first games.

Reactions: Hel

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Well reboot would be a good but also bad, good cause now it'll be more firm on what it is. Bad, all the old stories and characters would poof or be different. Like Spiderman films was, they reboot it, was it for the better? Yes and No.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I don't think this means much, I recall them saying the exact same thing about RE6. Saying that, I would love for Resident Evil goes back to it's horror roots, but I don't want it to be a reboot. There are too many story lines that haven't been resolved e.g Ada and Leon, The Family, Neo-umbrella, Jill, Claire etc. and if they just rebooted it we would be left wondering what happened after RE6.

If they did end up rebooting it, I agree that it should include the same characters from the first games.
Devil May Cry still had loads of unanswered questions and stories to be told and they went ahead and rebooted that anyway, in a disgusting way I might add.
The REboot is coming, so be prepared to see your favorite characters get turned into horrible ugly pricks.

Reactions: 013

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Devil May Cry still had loads of unanswered questions and stories to be told and they went ahead and rebooted that anyway, in a disgusting way I might add.
The REboot is coming, so be prepared to see your favorite characters get turned into horrible ugly pricks.

There are only a few things that would make me, an big time RE "fanboy", abandon the RE series: Alice, or a character like her (ie, mind powers) being introduced in the games, killing a main character off-screen, and a poorly done REboot.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Reboot gameplay wise I'd be content with. Although the story has drifted heavily from its humble beginnings, as a fan who has kept up with it and bought multiple consoles to do so, I'd be uninterested if they wiped the slate clean and disregarded what we have so far. There's still a way to provoke the fearful tense feeling that we used to have. A single player campaign with one of the less experienced characters who aren't BSAA/Government Agent badass trained killers would suffice imo.

"Possible reboot."

...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why are they so desperate to bust the glass open and slam on the emergency reboot button?!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
was excited when I heard about them returning to their horror roots.

But the reboot aspect kinda dampened it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Kawata said that the new game style is open world. It may be good and bad.
I guess they're thinking of something in the lines of Infamous or Prototype, it's what I'd imagine for an open world RE.
If they make it similar to ORC, it would be very nasty. But if it is something in the lines of RE3, with only BOW's as enemies and making allies with the few survivors etc, it would be nice. I'm imagining that the "missions" woul be scary and have a nice story.
This would make it similar to the older RE's in which you can visit the whole map, but have to make certain events in order to gain access to new areas and new story fragments...
If this is what they're thinking, I really hope they do it properly!!

Jay

K.I.N.G.
If this happens to be true then this can be a good thing or a complete failure. Long as Capcom does the reboot themselves and don't pass it off to another company. I'd hate to see Ninja Theory turn our heroes into emo punks.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
so....in short, the article is pretty much about Capcom admitting that the whole of RE6 didn't do good as a "Action-Survival" as far as reception and sales, and i am not "all-in" (or something of this) of a REboot

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
If they make a reboot, then that's it for me.
But I don't understand why. What fans are complaining about is that the game is not "horror" anymore. Why don't they first try to make another horror game with the material they have before changing it? And I don't mean having Leon walk through some dark hallways with some lightnings and only turning the game into a shooter afterwards; I mean something like Revelations. I haven't played that game myself, but people who played it told me that it gets quite close to our good old RE feeling, even though the main characters are Jill, Chris, and other BSAA agents.
Oh, right, the characters! I've come across comments like: "Most of the characters are too experienced to be scared, so they aren't suitable for horror games anymore." Well, if that really is what it's all about, just move away from Chris and the others for a moment and look at what else you have: There are enough more civilian-like characters whose stories could be continued - Claire; Ashley; Rebecca; maybe Billy; Hunnigan, who always monitors the action, but has never been part of it yet; Barry, who moved away from Raccoon City and picked a different job to ensure a peaceful life for his family; the list goes on.
I also wouldn't mind remakes (a remake of RE2 would be great, since the old game and my new computer don't get along very well), but Capcom, please stay inside the universe you've established over the last seventeen years. Everything else would be a waste of potential.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Reboot in this context could really mean anything, perhaps they just use the word to describe that they will stop and take a completely different route for the series... I hope so at least because a reboot like DmC will... argh... don't even wanna imagine it.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i hope they dont remake the re1 or re2 and change the stories. if they remake them i hope they keep the story and script as close to the original as possible. As for the action and fighting update all that and make it up to date.
I'd rather they make something new continuing on from re6. Re6 felt slightly skitzophrenic in some instances they'd be better just having one main story and make it longer, more detailed, with choices effecting the plot line later.
I like the idea on the link of having more of an open explorable world. Where you do a certain thing to proceed or move area but u can explore and kill enemies at your leisure. Revelations was ok in terms of story and tension but imo kinda boring in enemies, not scary, and i prefer the javo/zombie (human mutated) rather than the weird spikey creatures.
i still think they need some action. Straight survival horror games can get boring these days if their not done correctly.
I really enjoyed the first Fallout actually, playing on hard difficulties that gave me a good, lonely, apocalyptic feel. I'd also put a shout out to Dark Souls, a game that never holds your hand or makes things too easy. If theres one thing about re6, its WAY too easy. never scary. Always with an invincible AI partner. That needs to change

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I don't see why they couldn't go back to their roots but keep the story. After all, I think for the diehard fans these days, mostly what keeps them coming back is the story. They've invested too much in these characters to reboot them. They talk about people wanting Chris n Jill but I think to not have Claire in another game before wiping them all out would be fan kill. Or to change the story would mess with people, and they don't need to.

I will always vote for a game in the style of the Walking Dead TV series. What makes it so great is the desolate atmosphere, and the "survival horror" aspect of the characters. I mean look at the first season when he reaches the city and meets the other characters for the first time. Outbreak anyone? RE2? Come on the guy's a cop even lol.

They have to learn how to survive, and even though they become a bit numb to it, the story is so emotionally driven that the horror still comes through. The virus is supposedly global, so the location is desolate but constantly changing. And I think they could do it and still nod with respect to the RE family. I mean they're good at what they do, but they just can't ALWAYS be in a co op military style invincible situation. Even Chris alone in a forest literally surrounded by zombies would be scary if they didn't give you a grenade launcher.

If they just focused off of the military operations behind the virus, and back on the people SURVIVING the virus, the series would go back to it's roots easily.

Top Bottom