• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RPD in the RE3 remake?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas Doesn't change the fact that Jill wasn't really in the RPD that long and it's not like the place was crawling with lickers. The only hallway Jill uses in the original that had a licker in it in RE2 is the one to the left when you enter.

This is an optional hallway for Jill. She doesn't have to go down it. And there aren't any decapitated corpses in the hall when Jill passes so it can be inferred that the licker hasn't been here yet.

In any case, they're zombie mutations and hadn't completely overwhelmed the RPD on the 27th.

Their numbers as well as their location remains unknown.

And to be honest, they never overtook the RPD. Their nest was at the Apple Inn.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Okay, okay - We have both made good arguments. As much as I love this will-they-won't-they feud, I will admit that I am right and always was. hahaha.

But you can't deny it would be great to have a Licker appear in RE3 at some point. Just to make you feel like their is crossover between the two games more than just location.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@UniqTeas I'm not sure how you can be right in a matter of opinion.

You think lickers should be in RE3. That's not a right or wrong that's your opinion.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It doesn't truly matter. I was right that lickers did exist and were documented in the RPD before Jill enters the RPD. You were right that lickers were more well known at the Apple Inn and are extreme cases of V-ACT zombies.

I was just goofing when I made that I was right statement. I thought I made that clear when I wrote the "hahaha" part, but unfortunately, it is hard to convey emotion in writing.

Feud ended???

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I didn't think the mutation thing was a retcon though. Just the part about the crimson heads but I thought they were always originally zombies.
The reason I'm calling it a retcon is because Crimson heads were a retcon, and this file explains how zombies go from crimson head to licker. Maybe it's not TECHNICALLY a retcon. That's just how I've always seen it since the originals didn't have Crimson heads, but RE2 had lickers, and they needed a way to explain the addition of Crimson Heads.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Lickers or not, I hope that we'll have these holes from the RE2 remake explained, that were obviously done by Nemesis:

Resident-Evil-2-RPD-Shower-Room-640x360.png

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Jonipoon Yeah I don't think there's any doubt that it was Nemesis. I don't think Mr. X did that.

And if we're considering the original, Mr. X was dropped on the RPD after we got there and these holes were made before. Now I realize we don't see Mr. X get dropped on the roof in this game but I still get the feeling he was a newcomer to the RPD too.

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
The way I see it we've all seen some amazing stuff from the game up to now but what has already being seen and what still remains hidden are two different things, Who knows maybe there will be a licker present in RE3 maybe not only way you'll find out is by playing the game, I just hope it's an all round put together game than what RE2 was if so I'll be happy.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
i believe there it is because the RPD is been Shown in RE2 remake enough, so there wont be new and exciting place. streets and Zombies are things that are not shown in RE2 and main Difference RE3 and RE2 was various Locations on Streets. i am sure RPD will be part of RE3, do you remember the Easter egg few month ago that leon hear the stars Roar in Yard?
but i dont think this time we go to find jill's Police card. she already has her badge :razz:

Top Bottom