• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RPD in the RE3 remake?

Jamesy

So far I have not seen any gameplay/photo footage of Jill or Carlos exploring inside the RPD.

will there actually be a playable section that features in the police station?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
There's been footage of Carlos and another UBCS member outside the police station.

It's at around 1:57 but that's definitely the police station. Even mention looking for the S.T.A.R.S. office.

Remember we haven't seen that much gameplay yet so I'm sure there is a lot we haven't seen.

Last edited:

Jamesy

We haven’t seen any photos or gameplay footage of nemesis in the RPD either,

Not sure yet either if that hole in the shower roo, that we saw in RE2 was caused by Mr X or Nemesis? Guess we will have to wait and see.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
It seems as if most of the gameplay footage we've been showed so far is taken from the upcoming demo, and the demo is possibly only taking place prior to the events at the RPD.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
It would make sense to keep the REmake 3 version of the RPD under wraps as a lot of the stuff we see in REmake 2 was what happened afterwards, so it would be spoilerish.

The only known REmake 3 footage of inside the RPD at the moment is the end of the Nemesis trailer where Carlos and Tyrell are in the STARS office and Carlos is trying to radio Jill after she crashed the car into Nemesis.

D

Deleted member 21244

It is obvious that a gameplay section is going to be in the rpd, also i don't understand why many people on the web want to see the Damn rpd while they can play in the rpd right now in re 2 remake, 98% of resident evil 3 took place outside of the rpd, i want to see all the other environment

To note that The preview say that the lockpick was found in a different location in the game, so the rpd i going to have a different meaning in this remake

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am excited to see the RPD in this game.

And my reason is this:

In the original RE3, you explored the RPD and found it changed from what you saw in RE2. I am excited to see what elements they used from the RE2 REmake in the game. If you faced a single Licker in the RPD, that would be CRAZY good. It doesn't make sense that RE2 and RE3 have completely different enemies when they take place in a lot of the same areas.

D

Deleted member 21244

And my reason is this:

In the original RE3, you explored the RPD and found it changed from what you saw in RE2. I am excited to see what elements they used from the RE2 REmake in the game. If you faced a single Licker in the RPD, that would be CRAZY good. It doesn't make sense that RE2 and RE3 have completely different enemies when they take place in a lot of the same areas.
Re 2 and 3 take place in different area only the city is the same, you only get in the rpd for like 5 minutes in the original, the other area are all different

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yes - if you're talking about actual physical locations they share. But a lot of the early town that Jill is in is right next to the RPD. And a Licker is seen crawling on the outside of the building. I think, for continuity sake, they should have at least one cross over monster at some point!

I mean, if you live in New York City, you will see a lot of pigeons. It's not like all of the pigeons hang out in one corner of a park and there are chimpanzees down the road.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld

And my reason is this:

Resident Evil 3 takes place before Resident Evil 2, or at least the RPD part does. Lickers are, from what I remember of the original RE2, zombies that are starving and have mutated. Like an evolutionary survival mode.

In Resident Evil 3, presumably survivors have/are being killed, eaten or taken over by the virus since the only person alive is Marvin and Jill thinks he's a goner and he's unconscious. In Resident Evil 2 everyone is gone, except Marvin (original), and it's been a few days since Jill came thru. By this time the zombies have been 24 hours, or more, without fresh meat and this is when they've started to mutate into lickers.

It makes sense that lickers aren't in Resident Evil 3 because, even though we don't see anyone alive in the RPD at that time, the zombies have had food, for lack of a better term, more recently and are not in a state of evolutionary panic.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yes - if you're talking about actual physical locations they share. But a lot of the early town that Jill is in is right next to the RPD. And a Licker is seen crawling on the outside of the building. I think, for continuity sake, they should have at least one cross over monster at some point!

I mean, if you live in New York City, you will see a lot of pigeons. It's not like all of the pigeons hang out in one corner of a park and there are chimpanzees down the road.
Obviously yes, but to make the two game different they decided to make different enemy, we should have seen some hunter i guess in the rpd

But there is also a plausible explanation, maybe liker only infested the rpd because they were created in the lab, maybe they decide to use the rpd as they're nest

Also as @Magnolia Grandiflora says re 3 take place before re 2 during and after, and when the story take place during re 2 jill is far away from the rpd

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licker

Magnolia - I do not know where you got your info from. But maybe it was changed over time? And according to the Police Officer's Memo about Lickers in the original RE2 - they had been haunting the building since the outbreak began (most likely before Jill came to the RPD).

So, I suppose - they have different games, so they wanted different enemies - but I still think one or two crossover enemies would be great.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
If I'm not mistaken, and I definitely could be, in the original there is a memo about zombies turning into lickers.

At any rate I don't think it's necessary to have lickers in RE3. We didn't have leech monsters in RE and 0 and the original took place in the same forest.

EDIT: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Licker

And it seems they were heavily damaged zombie mutations, not starving, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Jamesy

I am just wondering though was that massive hole in the shower room of the RPD police station caused by nemesis?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If I'm not mistaken, and I definitely could be, in the original there is a memo about zombies turning into lickers.

At any rate I don't think it's necessary to have lickers in RE3. We didn't have leech monsters in RE and 0 and the original took place in the same forest.

EDIT: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Licker

And it seems they were heavily damaged zombie mutations, not starving, but you get the idea.
I could be wrong, but if I remember right, Capcom retconned it to where they were Zombies, then they evolve into Crimson Heads, and then they evolve further into Lickers, which is their "Final form." So yeah, you're totally correct. IDK if that retcon is still in effect, or if Capcom has retconned their retcon (because let's face it, it's Capcom lol), but even if they have, it still makes sense as to why you see Lickers in RE2, but not in RE3. If anything you TECHNICALLY, continuity wise "In-universe" should see Crimson Heads in RE3 since that's what zombies turn into before they do lickers. But obviously they hadn't even been invented yet, because they didn't become part of canon until REmake. So if anything R3make should have Crimson Heads, but not Lickers. If that all made sense XD

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I could be wrong, but if I remember right, Capcom retconned it to where they were Zombies, then they evolve into Crimson Heads, and then they evolve further into Lickers, which is their "Final form." So yeah, you're totally correct. IDK if that retcon is still in effect, or if Capcom has retconned their retcon (because let's face it, it's Capcom lol), but even if they have, it still makes sense as to why you see Lickers in RE2, but not in RE3. If anything you TECHNICALLY, continuity wise "In-universe" should see Crimson Heads in RE3 since that's what zombies turn into before they do lickers. But obviously they hadn't even been invented yet, because they didn't become part of canon until REmake. So if anything R3make should have Crimson Heads, but not Lickers. If that all made sense XD
I knew we had discussed lickers before, possibly in a Lickers vs Hunters thread, and their origins. (I believe one of the pros in the Hunter's favor was that they were actually created to be weaponized whereas lickers were an evolutionary accident that wasn't necessarily intended.)

At the end of the day I'm just glad someone else knew what I was talking about. I was beginning to think I'd made the whole thing up.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I knew we had discussed lickers before, possibly in a Lickers vs Hunters thread, and their origins. (I believe one of the pros in the Hunter's favor was that they were actually created to be weaponized whereas lickers were an evolutionary accident that wasn't necessarily intended.)

At the end of the day I'm just glad someone else knew what I was talking about. I was beginning to think I'd made the whole thing up.
No, you definitely didn't lol. I could be wrong about this, but I think this retcon was first mentioned in a file you could find in one the Outbreak games. And I'm pretty sure the same file can also be found in Umbrella Chronicles. Either way, not exactly the most popular entries in the RE series, so it doesn't surprise me that it's not common knowledge.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
No, you definitely didn't lol. I could be wrong about this, but I think this retcon was first mentioned in a file you could find in one the Outbreak games. And I'm pretty sure the same file can also be found in Umbrella Chronicles. Either way, not exactly the most popular entries in the RE series, so it doesn't surprise me that it's not common knowledge.
I didn't think the mutation thing was a retcon though. Just the part about the crimson heads but I thought they were always originally zombies.

D

Deleted member 21244

I didn't think the mutation thing was a retcon though. Just the part about the crimson heads but I thought they were always originally zombies.
I don't think it's a retcon, I read on the internet the mutation changed depending on what t virus strain a zombie as been infected whith
A type of strain turn a zombie into a licker, while another strain turn the zombie into chrimson head

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Well, well, well - isn't this all too convenient?

Well, here is a new piece of evidence: READ THIS MEMO.
"Three additional people were killed following the sudden appearance of an as of yet unknown creature.
This creature is identified by missing patches of skin and razor-like claws. However, its most distinguishing characteristic is its lance-like tongue, capable of piercing a human torso in an instant.
Their numbers as well as their location remains unknown. We have tentatively named this creature the "licker" and are currently in the process of developing countermeasures to deal with this new threat"

This memo is dated on September 27th. And when does Jill arrive in Raccoon City? That's right - September 28th.

Read it and weep! Or reply. Whatever you think is best.

Top Bottom