• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Reticle Complaints

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So I was recommended an article today from game rant that essentially complained about the inaccurate reticle of the remakes and Village's third person DLC. The argument was made that RE7 and Village, or the first person titles, do not suffer from this problem and that it is much easier to play when you don't have to wait for your reticle to tighten up so that you can potentially earn a critical hit.

As someone who has never played the first person titles, I guess I've never really thought about how the reticle behaves in the remakes, or noticed that the Village DLC has a different reticle type than the actual game. It never really stood out to me as an issue, especially when there are weapons that have a more accurate/quicker reticle and upgrades that enhance reticle responsiveness to make criticals easier, it normally just requires some reading on your part when you get weapons/upgrades.

Maybe I never thought about it because I never really had anything to compare it to. For those of you who have played both ways, does this genuinely make aiming/conserving ammo more difficult?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I haven't played 7 or Village in a long time, so I may be mistaken. But I could have sworn it works the same way in both the remakes and first-person games. When you're moving, the reticle is less accurate and only when you're standing still does it get focused. I personally always enjoyed this element in these newer games as it balances out encounters so that you're not in total control despite the increased mobility, especially when combined with the sporadic and unpredictable movement of the enemy A.I.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I never experienced any issues with the reticle in any of the remakes, or RE7 and Village for that matter. Sounds like someone is making a mountain out of a molehill.

I did however find the aiming for the third person update for Village very off balanced as a result of clunky movement, which actually forced me to change back into first person. It's quite ironic considering the fact that I was looking forward to finally be able to play the game in third person. It just felt so obvious that the game wasn't optimized for this.

Ikawaru

No reticle complaints in particular but I do like how they worked in RE2R the best as they did more damage when the reticle "locked in place" rather than just blindly firing. Weapon attachments were king in that game and certain attachments affected how the reticle functions, which is how all the games should be in my opinion. "Buy the ability to aim better" just doesn't sit right with me.

Of course though, for RE2R, trying to get an S+ rank on hardcore mode forces you to actually just fire at the zombies legs to stun them so you can run by them quickly and dumps the feature in the water but for the average run-of-the-mill playthrough the aiming function in that game is top notch whilst they are just average in the other recent games, including RE4R.

Sounds like just drooling fans of RE7 and Village trying to trash the superior tactical gameplay of RE2R.

Top Bottom