• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil Zero or REmake: Which was the better game?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Both games were released around the same time and were pretty similar. Both are great games, but which one did you like better?

Professor X

REmake.

More entertaining for me. The location's brought back a sense of nostalgia, and were creepily beautiful. The game was pretty straight-forward and simplistic, while still presenting a decent challenge.

While Zero was a decent game on it's own, there's a certain character that just doesn't fit in the installment. Leech Queen, Marcus himself is fine, but the Leech Queen feel's... "disconnected". Feel's like a character you'd face in a Warhammer-esque game. I thought "Stinger" and the "Eliminator's" were great addition's to the story.

The item placement mechanic was unnecessary and often added frustration, atleast for me. The chest's/item boxe's of the original game's were much more simplistic, and overall more enjoyable.

Despite these offset's, Zero is a reasonably decent game regardless, but it get's frustrating at time's, and spoil's the mood.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I thought the item placement ability was cool, because it was more realistic than setting an item in a box in Room A, and it would magically appear in a different box in Room B. The item box was cool and all, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't too realistic. lol

And yeah, I do feel the Queen Leech was a little random. They should've just had Leech Marcus transform into a bigger monstrosity, instead of introducing the new Queen Leech.

chocotricks

I through the leech queen was perfectly fine, but I do see what harry is saying, on the other hand though this is the T-virus were dealing with here the G-virus makes them transform 093573290857239582375902385723 times lol

sadistic_greyfox

REmake is probably my all time fav RE game with Zero being my least fav. REmake just had some beautiful spooky environments. I play it on occasions just to watch em, plus Jill, need I say more? Zero was fun though, I dont hate it like alot of folks do.

judled

i preferred zero, love the charactors and the locations and the partner system. it could have been a co op game.
i liked the remake as well though.

Maddog2212

Tough call. Hmm well I bought Zero first, because it made sense to buy the game leading up to the first Resident Evil (Duh). It was significantly easier than the REmake I have found after playing RE0 6 times, and playing REmake 8 times. I love a game with a challenge, so I'm going to go with REmake.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Dang....that's a tough one. I mean the REmake goes and remakes one of the best, most memorable ever. The characters and story and everything was perfect.

RE0 though, it had some other really great stuff, including the music, characters, voice acting, etc.

I don't know if I can decide. I'm going with tie.

sliced-bread-no2

REmake. The rehash of an original was brilliant, and I think 0 had some flaws. For me, the lacking of boxes in 0 was irritating, having to drop an item and come back to that exact same spot if you wanted it back (I know Real Survival incorporates this, but it's not forced to play Real Survival).

The Partner Zapping was cool, as were the locations, but REmake I think edges it in every department for me. Characters and character development, locations, atmosphere. Though 0 is still a very good game.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
REmake. The rehash of an original was brilliant, and I think 0 had some flaws. For me, the lacking of boxes in 0 was irritating, having to drop an item and come back to that exact same spot if you wanted it back (I know Real Survival incorporates this, but it's not forced to play Real Survival).

The Partner Zapping was cool, as were the locations, but REmake I think edges it in every department for me. Characters and character development, locations, atmosphere. Though 0 is still a very good game.

The lack of item boxes was a bit annoying, somewhat. It would be a bit redundant to have both item boxes, and the ability to drop items though. It's probably best that they did it like they did. It's not like item boxes were without annoyance, Real Survival or otherwise. I mean there were plenty of times where you would have to make trips back and forth to an item box, because you couldn't drop items.

RE0's Pros are probably the music, which is possibly the best in the series, next to Outbreak. The story is brilliant, I loved parts of the game with Wesker & Birkin. In fact, having the main villians from RE1(Wesker) & RE2(Birkin), shaking in their boots when they see Marcus(Queen Leech) who they had killed a decade prior, that is something you can't get in the REmake.

Anyway, just pointing out that RE0 has some great stuff that shouldn't be overlooked too.

Top Bottom