• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil & The Sims

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
My RE Sims characters.
View attachment 546
My lovely Ada Wong.
[...]

Huh? For some reason I didn't see (or consciously notice) this last post till now. That Wesker outfit is great! Did you download it or was it in the game? (And I know why he's thinking about Jill... He's going to put her under that lamp and experiment on her again! That's why Chris looks so sad.)
Who is the little boy on the second picture? Have your Leon and Ada already gone that far? ;) (Or is it just the child who brings the newspaper? :( )

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Huh? For some reason I didn't see (or consciously notice) this last post till now. That Wesker outfit is great! Did you download it or was it in the game? (And I know why he's thinking about Jill... He's going to put her under that lamp and experiment on her again! That's why Chris looks so sad.)
Who is the little boy on the second picture? Have your Leon and Ada already gone that far? ;) (Or is it just the child who brings the newspaper? :( )

The outfit that Wesker is wearing came with the Supernatural expansion pack. I just adjusted it until it was pure black. And yeah, that kid is the newspaper kid. Leon and Ada haven't gone that far yet, but they will.;)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I should make Leon and Ada sims too, just to see how their children will turn out...
Speaking of children, I didn't even know till today that pregnancies in Sims 2 can actually be problematic! My Claire just had a miscarriage. :( Then she became pregnant again and everything went well, little Steve was born. However, in the middle of the third pregnancy she suddenly had preterm labour and I received a message warning me that she might lose her child if she doesn't stay in bed and pays more attention to what she eats. Thankfully, Sherry was born without further problems anyway.

(See that pink thing in Claire's arms? That's Steve. I swear he was born with that hair, I didn't change it! My game seems to know what the characters are supposed to look like. :D )

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Whoa, they could miscarry? I didn't know that. Can they do so in Sims 3? I'll have to look into that.

That is weird, about the hair. It got Steve's original Leonardo DiCaprio hair instead of the ripoff of Leon's hair in CVX. I'm impressed.

Edit: I searched and sims in Sims 3 cannot lose their pregnancies and it's really rare in Sims 2.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
How odd. I usually don't have any pregnancies at all because I rarely play with straight couples, now for once I have one and it immediately goes wrong. Poor Claire, but it's somewhat funny!

Anyway, they're going to have their third baby soon (but this time Claire's husband will be the "mother"; he was abducted by aliens and came back pregnant), and Steve grows and grows. (Oh, and that is his CVX hair, by the way.)

See the purple pants? Steve seems to love pink and purple, he's been wearing these colours since he was a toddler, without my intervention. The pink princess bedroom on the first floor was actually meant for Sherry (the toddler in this picture), but now that I think of it, I might as well give it to Steve...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sorry for the double post, but I think I just figured out one of the problems: Pregnant sims can't go to work!
My Claire is pregnant (again), but doesn't have a belly and is not on maternity leave yet. So I let her go to work anyway, but when she came back she had another episode of preterm labour. Fortunately she didn't lose her child this time, but I guess it was close. I still don't know why it happened the first time (when she was pregnant with Sherry, she had the same problems after getting up in the morning rather than returning from work), but at least I will remember not to send pregnant sims to work anymore. Work kills!

By the way, this is what came out of her husband after he was impregnated by an alien. CAREFUL! It's hideous. I called it Nemesis for a reason.

And this is Chris's new house in a street called Crescent Moon Alley. (Yes, I invented that name.) I think I like it! (And he seriously likes fishing; he would do it all day if I let him.)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
4 is a good number. Because I have Sims 4 now, which means it's time to dig up this thread again after 4 years. Let's celebrate the number 4!

... Also, there's no better place to show off my new Resident Evil sims. I haven't gotten any better at modelling faces, and finding the right clothes in the game's normal, unmodded wardrobe is still a chore (which is why I've created a few myself), but perhaps you will still recognise some of these characters!

adaccklk.jpg
alex11ssj.jpg
barryqusd2.jpg
billyd4s5l.jpg
carloshls72.jpg
chrisfxs69.jpg
clairel0shx.jpg
ethanois81.jpg
excellaiys91.jpg
helenaymspi.jpg
hunniganr6sq3.jpg
jake65st2.jpg
jillaeszl.jpg
leon0nsfl.jpg
moira5xsgw.jpg
piersmfs8u.jpg
rebecca20smg.jpg
sherry5ssmc.jpg
shevaoxs6m.jpg
weskerc6swb.jpg

None of these are living in the neighbourhood yet, so I'm all the more interested in your RE-related sims, their houses and daily adventures! Maybe some of you have also moved on to Sims 4 in the meantime and would like to share their new creations? Go ahead!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
After Revelations 2 came out I made the Wesker family. I included Albert, Alex, Jake, Oswell/Ozwell (localizations are weird), and Natalia. It was great. I even got a teddy bear for Natalia and named it Lottie.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I made the Weskers too yesterday, and they're currently living in an apocalypse bunker beneath this scary haunted mausoleum. (Don't mind the big-ass telescope and the futuristic rocket launch pad on the roof, that's just... you know, the usual megalomania running in this family.)

mausoleumpykiz.jpg

u1twk51.jpg

Of course, there is also a secret laboratory even further below where Alex can conduct her inhumane experiments (like ruthlessly viewing plant samples under the evil microscope of doom) right next to Jake's coffin. (No, he's not dead... yet... just a dark vampire overlord.)

u233jfj.jpg

And here you can see a rare snapshot of the Weskers having breakfast together like an ordinary family (provided that you can call eating sausages and beans in the middle of the night "breakfast" and "ordinary"). The biggest surprise here is probably Berty's red training suit.

breakfast6qj83.jpg

Now that you've seen it, would you wish to move in with them? :evil:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I made the Weskers too yesterday, and they're currently living in an apocalypse bunker beneath this scary haunted mausoleum. (Don't mind the big-ass telescope and the futuristic rocket launch pad on the roof, that's just... you know, the usual megalomania running in this family.)

mausoleumpykiz.jpg

u1twk51.jpg

Of course, there is also a secret laboratory even further below where Alex can conduct her inhumane experiments (like ruthlessly viewing plant samples under the evil microscope of doom) right next to Jake's coffin. (No, he's not dead... yet... just a dark vampire overlord.)

u233jfj.jpg

And here you can see a rare snapshot of the Weskers having breakfast together like an ordinary family (provided that you can call eating sausages and beans in the middle of the night "breakfast" and "ordinary"). The biggest surprise here is probably Berty's red training suit.

breakfast6qj83.jpg

Now that you've seen it, would you wish to move in with them? :evil:
Albert has a great outfit. I'd only move in with them if I could get a matching one.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Carried over from a different thread that was going off-topic.

One of the most major complaints from critics on The Sims 4 has been the lack of content compared to previous games. And The Sims 4 is a perfect example of recent video games offering minimal new content for a big sum of cash. Game Packs for example, which Sims 4 popularized, are basically 20% of an expansion pack, and they've been spurting those out like crazy not to mention to vast amount of Stuff Packs. So far Sims 4 has had 6 expansion packs, 6 game packs, and 14 stuff packs. Sims 3 had 11 expansion packs and 9 stuff packs, while Sims 2 had 8 expansion packs and 9 stuff packs. The trend here is to spread out the content in as many different packs as possible in order to maximize profits.

The Sims 4 was originally planned to be an online multiplayer game, which explains the downgrade in terms of gameplay from previous games. The only reason why EA can do this with The Sims 4 is because they know most of their players will buy it anyway. The only other game I can think of where players are used and milked for cash so successfully in this way is GTA Online.

The Sims 3 reused alot of animations from The Sims 2. And there are many examples of Sims 4 being worse animation-wise than Sims 2. Just look at this comparison video for example:
It's not exactly a secret either.

Well, if the reason people are stupid is because they buy those expansion packs, then no need to add a "Nothing against you line" at the end of your other post, because I'm one of the people who buy those packs if they interest me, which means I'm just as stupid as everyone else. But I can live with that, because I actually enjoy the game as it is, despite its flaws that I'm certainly not blind to. There are days when I hate the game more than I love it, but it was the same with TS2, and I would never go back to that one nowadays, not just because of its incompatibility with my new hardware, but also because, for as much as it leaves out, TS4 also introduces quite some new content and features that weren't in previous Sims games, and that I could no longer play without.

I've seen that video before, and if what you're trying to get at is that TS4 is missing some of those little animations like sims opening drawers to get a knife out while cooking, then you have a point. In fact, it annoys me that wardrobes are nothing but decorations in this game, sims no longer need them to change their clothes, and even if they use them, they don't even bother to open them. But that doesn't mean the animations that actually are in the game aren't smooth or well done, or that the graphics are bad. You know what I find bad? Those pseudo-realistic pudding faces in TS3. It's one of the reasons I skipped that game, those sims terrified me, and not in a good way.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Well, if the reason people are stupid is because they buy those expansion packs, then no need to add a "Nothing against you line" at the end of your other post, because I'm one of the people who buy those packs if they interest me, which means I'm just as stupid as everyone else. But I can live with that, because I actually enjoy the game as it is, despite its flaws that I'm certainly not blind to. There are days when I hate the game more than I love it, but it was the same with TS2, and I would never go back to that one nowadays, not just because of its incompatibility with my new hardware, but also because, for as much as it leaves out, TS4 also introduces quite some new content and features that weren't in previous Sims games, and that I could no longer play without.

I've seen that video before, and if what you're trying to get at is that TS4 is missing some of those little animations like sims opening drawers to get a knife out while cooking, then you have a point. In fact, it annoys me that wardrobes are nothing but decorations in this game, sims no longer need them to change their clothes, and even if they use them, they don't even bother to open them. But that doesn't mean the animations that actually are in the game aren't smooth or well done, or that the graphics are bad. You know what I find bad? Those pseudo-realistic pudding faces in TS3. It's one of the reasons I skipped that game, those sims terrified me, and not in a good way.
Then my post backfired. The reason I put in that "Nothing against you" line was precisely because I didn't want to call you stupid, since you're obviously aware of the flaws. The people I'm talking about are the ones who're blind to the flaws. I'm an administrator for the biggest Swedish Sims group on Facebook, so I see it all the time.

TS4 leaves out more than in introduces, especially when you compare it with TS3. Although I wasn't a fan of TS3 either, it's really strange what a huge downgrade TS4 is compared to TS3.
TS4 was marketed as having the sims being much more "personal" and "unique" than before, but IMO that's just a marketing ploy. When you actually play the game, their personalities are just a facade and have little but no impact on the actual game. For example, a funny walking style is just a facade.

There's more than little animations. The blocky pizza in TS4 is just atrocious.

With today's computers, if you play TS2 with maximum graphics settings, you'll be surprised how amazing it looks.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I never played TS3, so I can't make any comparisons with it, and maybe I'm just not noticing the blocky pizza because I don't care about it, but I guess, as usual, it all comes down to each player's individual priorities. As I said, I dislike TS3's graphics even though I've heard many fans call it "realistic".

TS2, as much as I loved it back then, seems extremely outdated to me when I compare it to 4. It had only four default hair, eye, and skin colours, only three body shapes of which the "fat" one was just slightly pudgy, a genetics system from Hell that made children born in-game look like the unholiest of abominations, same for randomly generated townies, I couldn't mix and match clothes as I saw fit, had to recreate rooms from scratch if I found that I had built them in the wrong place, and the worlds were big and empty. These may be mostly superficial things, but important to people like me who don't only play the game per se, but also use it to bring their novel characters and other fantasies to life.

I don't want to badmouth TS2 because as I said, I used to have a lot of fun with it, it was great for its time and a huge improvement over the first game. But TS4 is great in its own way, and I appreciate the improvements it brings to this life simulation. You may no longer be able to send your pets to work, but now your sims can actively work as veterinarians. The worlds may be smaller, but you can freely travel to any world at any time, meaning you don't need a fitness centre or a library in every single one of them. Vampires come in their own pack instead of being part of another pack, which may seem like a cash grab until you realise they're also much more elaborate than ever before; in TS2 they were basically just ordinary sims with a skin condition and strange eating habits. And so on...

Have you ever played TS4 yourself? I'm not asking this to challenge your opinion about the game, but because you said you're an administrator of a Sims Facebook group, which means you're probably still at least half a fan of the franchise in general, and that in turn gives me hope that my thread here doesn't have to stay dead forever...

Jonipoon

I don't like the graphics of TS3 either, they actually downgraded it in order to make data space for the fully open neighborhood. The sims in 3 look like they're made out of dough, even with mods.

But to me, TS4 is vastly inferior as a life simulation game compared to TS3 and TS2. Sure, it may be more close to modern day standards in terms of clothing and the fact that everyone has a mobile phone and takes selfies, and so on. But that doesn't do that much for me. The new gameplay modes seem to be more about completing chores similar to mobile games, and then receiving a gift. Like for example what's going on in the latest Jungle Adventure game pack... you just walk around, click on stuff, and then you unlock a gift. That's not a life simulation game for me, it's more like a mobile game.

Yeah, I run the Facebook group but I let all the other administrators take care of it... I've lost interest in the newer games and I despise EA in general. I still play TS2 from time to time though, and I'm currently building the Spencer Mansion from REmake.

Jonipoon

Top Bottom