• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil sales have weakened

Howard

Hero of the alspark
By porting RER, as a last resort that may have been their plan all along..

Capcom: Since RE6, sales are failing let's just port the true RE4.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I would have never thought they would port a handheld game to the major platforms.
It is an obvious sign indicating that Capcom did comprehend the current situation and gave the most rapid response they could which of course is porting their latest successful game rather than taking longer (which only would leave a longer time frame in which people aren't pleased with them, risking losing the fanbase) to make a completely new game.
Idunno, I think a port was always in the cards. Capcom likes ports. A lot.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
that's true. I think it was bound to happen, but only because the 3ds was capable of putting out decent enough graphics, and the game looks good on a console, not absolutely ridiculous as many previous handheld to console ports might. So eventually was inevitable, but.... Revelations has only been out for a year. Not even. The entire graphics engine was built specifically for 3ds and had to be rebuilt to port. It took 4 months for PS3 to get new modes for re6 and I'm still waitin lol. Customer support or lack thereof definitely gave them some kind of push to get this done quick.

Rhys

Long time lurker, first post but thought it might interest most here =) Edit the address, it won't let me post it as I don't have the post count and can't be bothered to spam just for it. If someone else could make a thread for the news that would be cool.

uk . ign . com / articles / 2013 / 01 / 31 / resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
uk . ign . com / articles / 2013 / 01 / 31 / resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots
Better link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots
I don't believe Capcom saying they're return it to it's roots because that's what they said about RE6, but at this point I don't really care, I've lost all respect for the main RE series, I won't buy anything else from them, the only thing I'll buy is a RE2 remake if it's done right.

All Games(not just Capcom games) aren't selling that good lately anyway and I know exactly why, devs and publishers are not designing games to be good, they're designing them to make money and that results in them sucking and flopping, but when they're designed to be good, they succeed. We're not stupid, we can tell when they suck!!
I just wish Capcom and other compies would get that through their thick skulls.

All Games(not just Capcom games) aren't selling that good lately anyway and I know exactly why, devs and publishers are not designing games to be good, they're designing them to make money and that results in them sucking and flopping, but when they're designed to be good, they succeed. We're not stupid, we can tell when they suck!!
I just wish Capcom and other compies would get that through their thick skulls.

tumblr_lu27a0fOSf1qzgpx9.gif

Well said. Some people say that fans are not entitled to change an artist work, but that's the thing, they're not always being artist, they're being overly greedy businessmen. Fans can usually tell the difference between something that was passionately made vs bullschit.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Seems all games are looking and playing the same nowdays. Hitman, Resident Evil, Splinter Cell... they allhave the same gameplay. Remember when RE was survival horror and Splinter Cell and Hitman was pure stealth games... welp not anymore.. they are action shooters now. They are too hard for all the little crybabies that want to just run around and "shoot stuff". Back in the 90s and early 2000s games were original, you either liked a game or didnt. Game companies anymore are trying too hard to please EVERYONE and thats why there are alot of crappy games nowdays... it's all about tha MONEY.. not the players.

Nemesis1985

Seems all games are looking and playing the same nowdays. Hitman, Resident Evil, Splinter Cell... they allhave the same gameplay. Remember when RE was survival horror and Splinter Cell and Hitman was pure stealth games... welp not anymore.. they are action shooters now. They are too hard for all the little crybabies that want to just run around and "shoot stuff". Back in the 90s and early 2000s games were original, you either liked a game or didnt. Game companies anymore are trying too hard to please EVERYONE and thats why there are alot of crappy games nowdays... it's all about tha MONEY.. not the players.
Couldn't agree more Mr.Burton. my best memories go back when I was playing RE2 and 3. Now,I don't even remember 2 minutes of the rest of the RE series. I think ever since Shinji Mikami left Capcom and now has his own Studio, Thing went south rapidly. By the Way,now that I mentioned Mr Shinji Mikami, go and check the game he is working on,called Project Zwei. this a quote from him,you will be stoked: ""A true 'survival horror' game is one in which the player confronts and overcomes fear," Mikami said in Bethesda's announcement. "I've found my focus and once again I'm striving for pure survival horror. I am being very hands-on in the development of this game to ensure that the quality is there. Rest assured."
Isn't this what we all want?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There's one reason and one reason only that sales are not at their highest for this game. It's that people don't understand good gaming anymore. If you ask me, gaming was at it's PEAK during the Dreamcast, Play Station, Nintendo 64 era. Gaming hasn't been the same since, and won't be. Especially when all GAMERS are concerned about is online gaming. I'm sorry, but it's our fault as consumers that RE6 was a "Bust" in the eyes of some. Personally, I think RE6 was ALMOST perfect. There were some SLIGHT things I could have done without, however, the game as a whole WAS beautiful and WAS a work of art. If people can get back to gaming for GAMING, rather than trash talking with their friends and hitting on girls they don't even know over a God damned microphone, THEN maybe video gaming will be good again, but until the consumers wake the hell up and realize that what they think is good is really TRASH then modern day gaming is dead to me. I don't blame Capcom at all, nor do I blame any other company, be it Konami, Sega, or Square Enix. In my honest opinion, only TWO companies have I noticed stayed true to their fan base through and through, and continue to do so by not buying into this whole online gaming BS, and those companies are Nintendo and Insomniac. They still know what makes a video game a VIDEO game, because they remember the late 90's and early 2000's, when video gaming was at it's best. That's what I would like to believe anyway...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
RE6 failed because it was not what the fans wanted, the thing is, the GAMERS and FANS have finally learned that complaining and giving feedback are not gonna do anything.
Mr Burton is right, it's all about MONEY, so now the gamers and fans are speaking with their money to tell Capcom and other companies what games WE want, not what they want.

We spoke with our money with RE6 and it flopped.
Result - Capcom announces possible reboot and confirmed return to Survival Horror and are giving us Revelations on Consoles.

Same can be said with DmC: Devil May Cry and even Dead Space 3, regardless of whether they are good games or not, they are NOT what the fans wanted, so we are speaking with our money and letting the games flop.

Modern Video gaming will never be GOOD again until video games are made to be great and to please the core fanbase rather than be made to appeal to the CoD crowd who don't give a flying f**k about the game.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Let's all hope when this "Action shooter" trend comes to an end some real good games will finally be made. Hopefully down the road a REAL Resident Evil game. Don't get me wrong, I like RE6.. but the REfan in me wants to see a return to the roots... a return to true horror.

killer89

I personally cant stop grinning on the fact, that capcom cries the sales already, when pc version is not even out yet.
Or does capcom hate pc so much, that they ignore that completely on the sales figures?

To me it would be logical to sum up sales on ALL platforms on which the game has been released on, THEN possibly cry.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
To me it would be logical to sum up sales on ALL platforms on which the game has been released on, THEN possibly cry.

I don't think they're referring to the total sales, and I don't think they need to wait for the PC release to estimate that it's not doing as well as they expected. Games here usually come out at $60, drop eventually to $40 to get more sales from the people who couldn't afford it at the release date, eventually dropping to $30 or $20 over time. RE6 went through this process FAST. I haven't been able to find Operation Racoon City for less than $30 or $40. I can find RE6 anywhere for 20 bucks, and the game has only been out for 5 months. As much as I don't want to say that the PC market is ignorable, I think they can tell that even a decent turnout on the PC market won't save their figures.

Kratoz7

I would have never thought they would port a handheld game to the major platforms.
It is an obvious sign indicating that Capcom did comprehend the current situation and gave the most rapid response they could which of course is porting their latest successful game rather than taking longer (which only would leave a longer time frame in which people aren't pleased with them, risking losing the fanbase) to make a completely new game.

Well considering how early that port was announced after the release of Resident EVil 6 I'm pretty sure the port was in development well before Resident Evil 6 released. It wouldn't have mattered if Resident Evil 6 had gotten bitchslapped by some critics and fans. Games take a lot of time and effort to make and port. Its a smart move though to bring Revelations to the consoles. It was a great game I'm glad I got to play on the 3DS

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Well considering how early that port was announced after the release of Resident EVil 6 I'm pretty sure the port was in development well before Resident Evil 6 released. It wouldn't have mattered if Resident Evil 6 had gotten bitchslapped by some critics and fans. Games take a lot of time and effort to make and port. Its a smart move though to bring Revelations to the consoles. It was a great game I'm glad I got to play on the 3DS
Sure they do take a lot of time to make but compared to that porting is a relatively fast action, it very well, which I believe it did, may have started after the negative feedback occured. This a debatable subject though.

Kratoz7

Sure they do take a lot of time to make but compared to that porting is a relatively fast action, it very well, which I believe it did, may have started after the negative feedback occured. This a debatable subject though.

Yeah it is debateable. But I mean porting does take more time and money then we think. Especially if a games goes from a handheld to multiple consoles with updated graphics and more content. they couldn't just do it in 3 months. I'm pretty sure it was mostly finished after a few months of work and the announcement came so they could start promotion. Either way i think people who didn't like 6 will be pleasantly surprised by Revelations

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I thought in a Capcom Unity video or an interview after the trailers release, that they said they always had hopes or intentions to port it over. My memory is bad, so forgive me if someone takes the time to dig it up to clarify and I end up being wrong. But I'm willing to bet that this has been in development for some time now.

Top Bottom