• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident evil Netflix adaptation

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Roku

I would love nothing more than to be hopeful for it because I'll always wanted a TV series about Resident Evil, but Holly Molly does the description sounds bad and uninteresting.

This said, I will give it a shot anyway, hope to be wrong on this one.

Last edited:

Mr.R

You know...this sounds so bad...so freaking bad, so train-wrecking-on-fire bad, that I think I'll give it a watch just to marvel myself at it. Even Paul W.Anderson's movie premises weren't so bad like this...even when he turned the RE world into the zombie-apocalypse-cliché-world (something that I glad the games never did, because that would mean all of our heroes's efforts were for nothing)...and then it comes this series, and even the synopsis is full of clichés already (post apocalyptic world, rebel sis x shy sis etc)

Also, the Weskers sisters description in one of the leaks gave me a Wolfenstein Youngblood vibes...and it's not a good thing.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I can see it now: Wesker's daughters will have Alice like super-mary su like powers, or just masters of wire-fu! Almost everyone on the show will be gay, including canon characters. Chris would be Wesker's secret lover, Jill would probably be a hardcore feminist, Claire and Ada would be a couple, and Barry would be a bumbling idiot that no one would take seriously.

I am afraid not of the zombies, but what nonsense Constantine Films will give us.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Damn, I was hoping by wesker children it would be a prequel story based on Albert's and Alex's origins with Spencer with the other kids part of the wesker experiment. Instead it looks like it will be nonsense. I'll still be watching it though, I don't want to make up my mind on it yet, I could be pleasantly surprised.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Seems like they're aiming for teen drama, just like every other damn show these days. If they wanted that, they could've respected the franchise by making a show about Alfred and Alexia Ashford instead.

Roku

Seems like they're aiming for teen drama, just like every other damn show these days. If they wanted that, they could've respected the franchise by making a show about Alfred and Alexia Ashford instead.

This is such a good idea, something like that would have actually been quite cool.

I don't know if it is an unpopular opinion or not, but despite not being my favorites, the Ashford have always been - in my opinion - the most creepy/terrifying villains of the saga, so a series centered around them would have helped lots with the atmosphere, and would have also added an element of psychological horror as well.

I would have also loved something with Albert and Alex as well.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
weskerkids.png

Bran

Independent Film Director
I got to read a draft of Episode 1... It was okay, though it is closer related to the movie universe. I feel like this is the series announced back in 2017 that Constantin Films claimed was an extension of the movies. It feels that way here, but is definitely more horror/mystery than action.

D

Deleted member 21244

So the showrunner of the series announced the series will take place after the videogame series... He says that the videogame series will be the background for they're series, so this mean it will take place sometime after re 8? 10 or 50 years later?
I really don't know where they're going whit this

Rain611

You can't kill me.
So the showrunner of the series announced the series will take place after the videogame series... He says that the videogame series will be the background for they're series, so this mean it will take place sometime after re 8? 10 or 50 years later?
I really don't know where they're going whit this

Hmm. I wonder if by '8 games' he meant 1-7 and CV since 8 isn't actually out yet or if, since the production was delayed, they are going with 1-8 sans CV? I'm not really sure where they would go with it either. Though I'm sti trying to wrap my head around Wesker also having daughters lol. Somebody will have to fill me in because I don't have Netflix and probably never will again.

D

Deleted member 21244

Hmm. I wonder if by '8 games' he meant 1-7 and CV since 8 isn't actually out yet or if, since the production was delayed, they are going with 1-8 sans CV? I'm not really sure where they would go with it either. Though I'm sti trying to wrap my head around Wesker also having daughters lol. Somebody will have to fill me in because I don't have Netflix and probably never will again.
I did have Netflix for some time but not anymore because I didn't actually like whit it had to offer....

Probably yes code veronica is between that 8 game, the wesker child are in this series, and wesker became famous thanks to code veronica, so not having code veronica as one of the background game will be unfair

By the series synopsis, this wesker children arriva at new raccon city... Is this new raccon city maybe a new town located in the same place where the old one from the original 3 was located?
So probably many many years after re 8, they rebuild raccon city and the series take place there, it could easy be set 30 years after re 8... Maybe this wesker child, are not actually wesker son but some sort of experiment like the wesker children in the games, who are not actually son of a wesker but were given surname of the most important umbrella developer at the time... Maybe who ever is using them as experiment give them the name wesker in honor of Albert wesker

Still many thing to understand
i actually thing this series is like metal gear rising, who is set after the end of the metal gears series whit metal gear solid 4,but it's a spin off that don't ruin the original series and just continue Raiden story, telling new stuff, having new enemy, new character and just sometimes citing past event

It could actually be interesting if it turn out this way because it dosent actually ruin the series itself, and they can do whatever they want whit new story and character

Top Bottom