• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Contamination (( A fan film ))

HUNK

Hey all -

Just thought I'd alert the community to a Resident Evil fan film some friends and I are developing, entitled Resident Evil: Contamination

Here is a link to our website: http://www.re-contamination.com

And more info (from the website):

Resident Evil: Contamination started as a 12 page script with the intention of creating a short film. The film was to tie into Capcom’s “Resident Evil” (also known as “Biohazard”) videogame series – specifically as a prequel to the events in Raccoon City portrayed in the games “Resident Evil 2”, “Resident Evil 3: Nemesis” and “Resident Evil: Outbreak”.

The script was originally called The Fourth Survivor and was based almost entirely off of the mini-game with the same title in “Resident Evil 2”. This version of the story depicted HUNK, a Special Forces operative of the Umbrella Corporation, fighting his way to his evac point on a dangerous mission.

The script slowly began to change into something entirely different as more and more research went into the actual videogame storyline and the characters – both evil and slightly less than evil – were given more depth. The entire purpose of the story is to remain true to the source material and give some background to HUNK and the soldiers with him who were up until this point faceless.

There are several characters from the videogames, and each is written into the plot with reason – even if they only appear in one scene. Characters that were mentioned but did not appear in the videogames are present as well, though they serve a more subtle purpose than those such as the Birkin family and other key figures from the videogames.

Currently, Resident Evil: Contamination is in Production. We have done very little filming, and have released our first teaser trailer (view it in the "Videos" section!). Though we still have some Pre-Production to finish up before we can do any really heavy filming, we are setting up to film some of the smaller and easier scenes right now.
Please check us out. We are making this for RE fans everywhere, and could use all of the support we can get. If you have questions that can't be answered by the website, please don't hesitate to ask me here! I'll be checking these forums more regularly to keep you all updated.

HUNK

Here's our newest poster:

Contamination_Poster_by_Grim_Reaper_HUNK.jpg

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I know this is going to sound very typically British, but... SPLENDID!

I'm really looking forward to seeing just what you guys can come up with. I wish you the best of luck! Be sure to keep us up to date!

Man, if only I had the tools necessary to make my own Resident Evil fan film... in fact, it's probably best that I don't - I know I would come up with something terrible! :p

Cousintony

[quote author=Steve link=topic=323.msg7378#msg7378 date=1214412852]
I know this is going to sound very typically British, but... SPLENDID!

I'm really looking forward to seeing just what you guys can come up with. I wish you the best of luck! Be sure to keep us up to date!

Man, if only I had the tools necessary to make my own Resident Evil fan film... in fact, it's probably best that I don't - I know I would come up with something terrible! :p
[/quote]

Some terrible things are actually really good. :)

HUNK

Well thanks to all for the kind words of support! I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on things that are going on. Currently we're trying to cast some major roles, and complete our costumes 100% so that we can do some heavy filming. It's something we're easing into, as we don't have any real experience. We want to take our time and make sure that this is as top-notch as our $0 budget can make it. :D

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
my favorite part to the teaser was when the guys boot was grabbed by the fingers through the metel flooring :]

Looks pretty cool man! where are you filming?

3d-agent

William Berkin, sherry's father. The white boy of umbrella who created the G-virus.

Hmm...impressive.

Looking forward for this..!

HUNK

Thanks guys! We've run into some recent snags with certain members getting new jobs/losing interest, which is always the risk you run when making a fan film. But, I am about to set up a meeting to go see an actual laboratory that we may be allowed to film at. First, I'll need to see if it will work for our film.

Secondly, we are filming some of the short stories I've written to get our feet wet before tackling the big project. We filmed some on Sunday and should be wrapping up filming next Sunday. Then it's off to video and sound editing before release. Keep your eyes peeled!

P.S. - We just finished redesigning our website. Check it out! http://www.re-contamination.com

BillyCoenJCR1418

I just seen the trailer and it looks really good. I can't wait to see it in action, good luck to all of you doing the film and its success. Im pretty sure it will be big for all the RE fans :)

HUNK

From the website:

>>Our major headline today is that Act I of Resident Evil: Contamination is being released for public
download - check it out in our Documents section. Think of it as an early Christmas present...or something.
If you'd like to leave feedback, make sure to email the writer at [email protected].

We've decided to do away with our Resident Evil Database for the time being. One reason is because you can
always check out the Resident Evil Wiki located here: http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page for
pretty much everything covered in what was our database. A downloadable PDF file will eventually be made
for those of you who want our Database info, which covers our original characters and information such as
that. Keep an eye out for that in our Documents section.

In other news, we are developing a free FPS (First Person Shooter) remake of The 4th Survivor for your
entertainment purposes. Check back for more updates!

Act I can be read by selecting it from our Documents menu, HERE

ResiDude

I've just read some of the script for RE: Contamination...

It was great! I would love to see this!

Do you have a rough estimate (no matter how rough) for when this movie may be done? 8)

Top Bottom