• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil CGI Trilogy

Ikawaru

Just watched 'Damnation' and 'Vendetta'.

They are action films to the core, although I will say that they darkened Leon's personality a bit in BOTH movies, so his squeaky clean golden boy imagine is less pronounced now that I've finally gotten around to watching them.

Seriously though, why can't they focus more on science fiction mystery horror? Why do all these films have to have an overt plot, loads of action, and one dimensional "shoot first ask questions later" portrayal of these characters? It's just boring. How about a horror picture where the plot is vaguely explained and you have to actually piece it together based off of little bits of information you're given? Jumping around from scene to scene shooting bioweapons with a predictable "same old" plot about our favorite heroes stopping some person/organization from using bioweapons for sinister purposes is just boring.

I mean the films aren't all bad, some scenes were quite good, but I can't say any of them are worth more than a single watch because they are just as predictable and just as structured as some DC/Marvel film, which is kind of an insult to horror nature of the franchise.

Ridley Lockhart

Well, so far Capcom has put out three CGI movies, and I want to know what you guys thought about them so far.

I can say that they are somewhat better than the Live Action movies, that is for sure. Degeneration was ok, Damnation was better, if a little confusing on some parts, and Vendetta is my least liked because it makes little to no sense.
That's basically my opinion lol

Degeneration is okay. A little G-virus always nice, Leon was over the top, Angela "Dead-Eye" Miller was annoying...Roger Craig Smith(RE5 Chris) voices Curtis Miller. Just took distinctive i only Chris when he spoke. Claire was prolly the saving grace, but she's hardly in there and always seems to have to babysit, Rawni, Sherry, Moira Burton. Overall good.

Damnation was really nice IMO. The Lickers, fighting the Tyrant's.

Vendetta was pretty bad...so bad my mind has almost erased it completely from my memory. I only watched it once, though. I ought to give it a second chance.

And Death Island looks...interesting. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Rebecca...jeez what a lineup. Is the Avengers of Resident Evil?

And i recently heard about Infinite Darkness. Haven't seen it though.

And if comparing the CG RE films to the Paul W.S. Anderson movies...i liked the first and Apocalypse a lot. The rest...ugh and the Alice character became just a ridiculous Mary Sue.

Never watched Welcome To Raccoon City. And was a Resident Evil show on Netflix, just 2 seasons. It was different and also pretty decent.

Ridley Lockhart

Just watched 'Damnation' and 'Vendetta'.

They are action films to the core, although I will say that they darkened Leon's personality a bit in BOTH movies, so his squeaky clean golden boy imagine is less pronounced now that I've finally gotten around to watching them.

Seriously though, why can't they focus more on science fiction mystery horror? Why do all these films have to have an overt plot, loads of action, and one dimensional "shoot first ask questions later" portrayal of these characters? It's just boring. How about a horror picture where the plot is vaguely explained and you have to actually piece it together based off of little bits of information you're given? Jumping around from scene to scene shooting bioweapons with a predictable "same old" plot about our favorite heroes stopping some person/organization from using bioweapons for sinister purposes is just boring.

I mean the films aren't all bad, some scenes were quite good, but I can't say any of them are worth more than a single watch because they are just as predictable and just as structured as some DC/Marvel film, which is kind of an insult to horror nature of the franchise.
Good point.

They are super action packed, like they don't think we have the patience to appreciate a build up to the story. I'm wondering who capcoms target audience is sometimes. Like they just think we're going to watch it anyway simply because there's Leon and it's called Resident Evil

Top Bottom