• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

Kratoz7

Thats a good point. My main concern is its an Apocalypse, the end of the world. Zombies should be scary. Even a fully trained soldier, surrounded by 10 zombies is most likely to die, in a 'real zombie' situation (lol).. Anyway, if a horde comes i shouldnt be thinking, oh i can tap Rt and bash my way through these i am guaranteed to kill all these easy. I should be thinking, where can I run, should i shoot one in head and then bash the rest in to save ammo, you know more tactically. In re6 it was never scary and didnt die very often.

I want a game where your scared as hell and think about every corner you turn around. Zombies should be merciless killers that stop at nothing to eat your flesh.
Well the original game was release 17 years ago. And as we grow older and get better at games things get a lot less scary and some (not all) game genre's get a little easier. I gotta be honest the zombies were never scary to begin with in the orginal games. Not everyone is good at countering and timing in Resident Evil 6. I'm lucky if I can even pull off a counter. You obviously need to play the game in the hardest setting and try to go for S rank for every chapter without dying and refusing to use counters. The only enemies I was worried about in the original games were the Hunters and Lickers. The zombies were meant to be easy to take down in the original games. Until the remake came out and made Crimson heads. Game designers have to let the player to figure out how to be empowered. Otherwise a gamer will just give up out of fustration. Very few games like that are able sell. But the problem is that in 2002 Resident Evil games sales went way down. Resident Evil 2 sold well over 5 million copies. 4 years later Resident Evil Remake and Zero barely managed to sell over 1 million copies. Good but not great for what they wanted for the franchise. And franchise like Dead Space while really good can barely hit 2 million copies. I know game sales shouldn't matter but they do when games become more and more expensive to make. And even if the franchise were to repeat the original it just wouldn't be the same. If you want a tough edge of your seat type game I've heard Demon's Souls and Dark Soul's hit the spot.

TerraSave

I think it'd be interesting to see what Claire's been doing. With her work with TerraSave and everything. In a southeast asian country like: Indonesia or the Philippines. And she's paired up with a TerraSave agent of that country or just someone indigenous to the region. Similar to Sheva and the BSAA in Resident Evil 5. Either a guy or girl. It doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just a scenario I had thought up that might be amusing to some.
Also, I think receiving the choice of having a partner and choosing whether or not to play in co-op would be an interesting add-on to Resident Evil 7. Obviously, gameplay between both options will be different and present distinct problems and challenges, but I don't see the problem with that either. So, players who like more of a classic style of gameplay of previous REs and players who enjoy something more on the lines of a cooporative style of experience, will be pleased.
I have no problem with the whole "three different campaigns," concept, but hopefully if they do it in Resident Evil 7, Capcom decides to un-tangle things a bit and not have multiple story-lines clashed together solely for the sense of intrigue. When in reality, it was overly convoluted and forced. But, having key moments of the main cast either meeting up or radio/telecasting would be acceptable and actually affective to the whole general concept of horror that Resident Evil stands for and is all about. Or, Capcom can go in an entirely different direction and go back to a one campaign type of Resident Evil. But, who know to be honest.
As for other character choices for the main story and plot-line, it could go in any direction. Eventhough, I'd like to see Claire, Jill, Rebecca and Carlos' characters reprised. Seeing that the haven't had a game dedicated to them in god knows how long. Hopefully, not having Leon and Chris as main characters would be a breath of fresh air. I think that Capcom needs to either wait a bit to bring them back for a final-go-around or just give them smaller roles in Resident Evil 7. It's been vaguely established that Jake and Ada will appear somewhere in the future. But, this doesn't necessarily mean they'll make a cameo in Resident Evil 7. Just what I think honestly. But, I wouldn't mind it.
Finally, the game mechanic and controls for Resident Evil 7 will be interesting to see because from what's been done, you really can't pin-point where it'll go from here. I personally think the whole third person motif is here to stay. It doesn't really bother me, but I'm sure Capcom will do something to freshen things up. Example: CQC abilities in recent REs. So, it's really unclear.
There is still much to be said about what can and shouldn't be done or added to Resident Evil 7, but I'll still play it no matter what. I've been here since the start and enjoy old and new REs alike.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Bring Jill back as a main character, along with Chris and Barry... yes, I said it... Barry. I know he would be OLD, but I think it would work. Ofcourse I doubt if he would be playable, but it still would be cool and nostalgic. Plus, it would make sence assuming RE7 would come out probably around 2016, since RE games usually have a few years inbetween. 2016 would be 20 years of RE and it would be cool to see the original lineup from 1996.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I'm not sure what I stated earlier in this thread, but bring back Claire. Of the four main characters from the original games, we've seen tons of Chris, Jill, and Leon. Not that I mind, I like them all, but I think its time to use someone else. I know its pretty much canon that she's "not a fighter" anymore, and it sounds cliche as hell, but say a Terrasave mission goes bad some how. Like I said, cliche story writing, but it'd be a good way to bring it back to a survivor horror-esque setting. I highly doubt that a peace activist group is gonna roll around packing heat for their type of work. Plus, I doubt anyone in the organization having the experience that she does, thus, pretty much everyone dying. Solo experience + Survival Horror-ish + Return of a iconic character = Win, in my opinion. The only thing that's troubing is comprimising the story for the setup, but if the writers are half decent, I think it could be worked around.

Wesker's Fanboy

Sociopathic Psychopath
How about doing a reboot of the series from the last game before Resident Evil 5's timeline continuity?

I detest what has become of one of my favourite series of all time; it's become some cliché action movie type that just so happens to feature zombies and other assorted mutants. Don't even get me started on the cardboard characters (*cough* Jake Muller *cough*) of RE 6. I love how RE: Revelations went back to the survival horror theme of the games.

Pretty much anything that happened in 5 and up never occurred in my head-cannon.

So, for my 'ideal' RE 7, it would be a RE 5, but completely redone. I'd want to go some place extremely creepy with a dread inducing atmosphere (like what the mansions brought us) or the desperate survival and always hiding or being on the run like in the RE games that took place in Raccoon City. Give us a really deep storyline, bring back some characters that were left untouched for many years (Rebecca, Sherry, Barry, and maybe even some new ones).

OR!!!!! Or we could have a game that does a complete 180 of what I described, but with the characters. Let's have one where you get to play as the 'villains' in it! Let's have a game where you get to play as Wesker ( :oops: ) and show some of his horrifying journeys and adventures. We could also have some that (like RE: ORC) that showed the adventures of Umbrella agents.

And this, my friends, is my complete and unapologetic opinion.

Reactions: svp

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
My ideal Resident Evil 7 would be a return to survival horror, but that's never gonna happen. Hopefully they can tone down the action at least a little bit because lately it's just getting way too over the top.

I think it should have three campaigns, like RE6, and be set around the same time. Since I expect it to be coop these are the characters I would choose:
1) Sheva and Josh - this campaign would have the most action, the story would be something like them trying to prevent some outbreak in Africa, and it would allow for people that have never played the older games to be familiar with some characters.
2) Claire and Jill - a lot less action in this campaign, would start off with them lookin for Chris until *PLOT TWIST* they find out Steve is alive and they need to rescue him, turns out he is evil, but lives to be the main antagonist in the next game.
3) Rebecca and Billy - again with a lot less action. Rebecca gives a lecture at tall oaks university when it is attacked, found by billy (who has been following her activities) they escape the city to find that it was caused by 'The Family' and they follow a trail that leads them to an old mansion in the arklay mountains...

Ok, I only wrote that in about 5 mins so you could probably poke a million holes through it, but there are a few things that I really want for the next game:

1) No more throw away random characters just for the sake of it. They already have a gigantic cast of characters to choose from.
2) Tone down the action, especially the overpowered melee. I don't want to go through a 'survival horror' game knowing that if I run out of ammo, I can just kick everything in the face.
3) No more QTE's please!
4) BRING BACK CLAIRE!! seriously, if they don't bring her back i'm going to fly all the way over to Japan and protest outside Capcom HQ until they do...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I want Claire, Real zombies, (Not ones that fire guns.) And survival horror rather than shooter...
And that will satisfy me.

Jill_Valentine101

I really want a Resident Evil game where it is multiplayer and you can play as any character from the past games that is not dead and also you can create a character to play as.

Wesker's Fanboy

Sociopathic Psychopath
I really want a Resident Evil game where it is multiplayer and you can play as any character from the past games that is not dead and also you can create a character to play as.

Well, this implies a lot. If one were to include all past playable characters that aren't dead, then that would include Chris, Jill, Rebecca, Billy, Leon, Barry, Claire, RE 6 characters, Sheva, RE: Outbreak Characters (Cindy, George, Kevin, etc) and a few more. It'd be really, really complicated to get all of those in and I'm pretty sure the RE: Outbreak characters have no intention of ever having to face zombies and mutants ever again :p

Character creation sounds very un-Resident Evil, don't you think? It's just not really in the vein of the series.

Since I'm not really investing anything in future RE titles unless they have to do with events that are pre-RE 5 or let you play as Wesker in the Mercenaries mini game, I don't have much of a say except for hoping how the series might better itself.

One nit picky thing though: in RE 4, the castle zone was quite absurd, really. I mean, if it were just a regular castle, lavish in any way, it would have been fine. But the castle in RE 4 looked like it belonged in a Castlevania game or something.

Modern Life Is Rubbish

More puzzles please.

Explosions/shooting and scary monsters are all good and fine, but I really like to think and problem solve during my game play....

All computer characters are expendable to me so I don't have a favorite.

Just put more puzzles in it and I'll be a happy camper.

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
I actually like what capcom has done to resident evil. Since re4 its obviously no longer a survival horror game so I wouldn't count they would change it magically. However, small side games like re:revelations can come out featuring more horror.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Have 3 campaigns like last time, but please... stop bringing new faces into the series without finishing older character's stories! My ideal would be:

1. Jill and Rebecca in the BSAA, where Jill is captain of maybe the Bravo team or something. Rebecca would be her partner in this one because we need two females paired up now! It'd be awesome to see those two interact since they were the only female STARS members.
2. Sherry and Jake again. Yes, I wanna see them again.
3. Claire and Helena? I think Claire would keep her under control and Helena would help protect her since I'm sure she's a little rusty. (then a reunion with Claire, Helena and Sherry would be so cute!)
4. A lone wolf option with Billy would be pretty fun actually. (Like Ada's campaign, but he doesn't crossover with everyone, just Jill and Rebecca.) Maybe the outbreak has finally caught up to him, he can no longer hide and of course knowing this is RE he runs into Becky. Then they have children and get married at the end. Then Barry picks EVERYONE up in a helicopter. XD

TooProForYou_Lol

I personally prefer to see Resident Evil 7 in a less action way, and more horror in it. Jill and Claire should be the main characters and bring back some of the past characters. If they don't have a future in the resident evil universe, then capcom should close their story.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I'd be fine with a Re5 reboot much like others mentioned but I want the original Re5, The very first stages of it.

Single Player, Sheva as a Merc, Option to kill Jill, THOSE 1HK enemies, Especially the orignal Acient Ruins that crap looked scary as a freaking Crimson head that had half it's face ripped off

Top Bottom