• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

PiersNivansRealHero

i think characters should have some closure but it seems kind of hard to do so now. adding further games will suggest that the characters are older every time. some characters were just left in the past and no one knows what happened to them. it will be very hard to kill/close the stories for all those RE legends because you wouldn't be able to do this in one game. and by adding more games as i said earlier will just mean we will be playing as 100 year old people. i think it's best we wait and see what capcom does with all the ideas people are posting up about RE7 ;)

Trevor Smith

OK. I'd like to see a Reunion of old cast members. :)

Capcom need to stop adding to the list of characters use RE7 to tie some loose ends.
RE7 should take a risk and kill off some major names.

Here's my idea:

A split scenario game again but one that intertwines characters rather than seperate scenarios. Choices made in game will affect other characters. i.e you can choose to leave guns behind for another character or block a door that would stop the next characters from entering that room. Also you would meet people such as chainsaw guys who you could escape from or fight. If you escape, they will meet other characters in the game. You can also choose which team to send where.

As it's RE7, I would kill off 7 major characters.
I believe killing off characters needs to happen in order to keep the series fresh.

There would be 1 main scenario but split over 4 intertwined scenarios that all play out at the same time.
i.e Levels 1-3 will playout as Chris and Jill but then level 4 -6 will be Leon and Claire.

My main enemy would be Jake Muller. The game would start with him killing off Sherry Birkin, using her blood and his own to create a new virus and resurrect his father, Albert Wesker.

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine will be on a mission to save Rebecca and Barry who have been kidnapped by Wesker and Jake - In their scenario, a relationship will finally be confirmed.

Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton - Rebecca is on the run with Billy Coen (they are in a relationship), they meet Barry but have been tracked by Jake and Wesker. Billy is killed at the beginning of this scenario. Rebecca and Barry are captured by Jake and Wesker in an attempt to find Chris and Jill. The pair escape and run into Chris and Jill throughout the scenario. Barry is killed by Wesker in a final showdown where there are flashbacks of the original RE game (Jill sandwich anyone?).

Sheva Alomar and Josh Stone have been working with Ada Wong on a 'cure or something' to bring down Jake and Wesker. Josh dies at the end of the campaign as he risks his life to ensure the 'cure or something' is created.

Leon and Claire - Hunnigan is killed at the beginning of this campaign by Jake as he attempts to get data on Wesker's remains that were uncovered following RE5. Leon and Claire meet up with with Ada during their campaign but Ada is killed by the resurrected Wesker after handing over the 'cure or something' she made with Sheva and Josh.

At the end of the game, Leon and Claire are left to take on a mutated Jake. (Wesker infects his son). Jake is killed.

Chris and Jill confront Wesker but he creates a final boss and escapes... Leaving it open for RE8..

The game ends with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Sheva and Rebecca around a camp fire or in an abandoned building plottting their next missions.

Leon and Claire head off to investigate a distress call in the arctic (nice snowy setting for a spin off).
Chris and Jill leave to track Wesker, a signal from a post apocalyptic Racoon City is picked up. (These three need to stay together. They are RE Gold!)
Rebecca and Sheva head off for information on developing the cure. Known now as the 'Adacure' in memory of Ada Wong.

Roll Credits!

I hope you like my ideas, let me know what you think .

Flipqy42

Nevermore
OK. I'd like to see a Reunion of old cast members. :)

Capcom need to stop adding to the list of characters use RE7 to tie some loose ends.
RE7 should take a risk and kill off some major names.

Here's my idea:

A split scenario game again but one that intertwines characters rather than seperate scenarios. Choices made in game will affect other characters. i.e you can choose to leave guns behind for another character or block a door that would stop the next characters from entering that room. Also you would meet people such as chainsaw guys who you could escape from or fight. If you escape, they will meet other characters in the game. You can also choose which team to send where.

As it's RE7, I would kill off 7 major characters.
I believe killing off characters needs to happen in order to keep the series fresh.

There would be 1 main scenario but split over 4 intertwined scenarios that all play out at the same time.
i.e Levels 1-3 will playout as Chris and Jill but then level 4 -6 will be Leon and Claire.

My main enemy would be Jake Muller. The game would start with him killing off Sherry Birkin, using her blood and his own to create a new virus and resurrect his father, Albert Wesker.

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine will be on a mission to save Rebecca and Barry who have been kidnapped by Wesker and Jake - In their scenario, a relationship will finally be confirmed.

Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton - Rebecca is on the run with Billy Coen (they are in a relationship), they meet Barry but have been tracked by Jake and Wesker. Billy is killed at the beginning of this scenario. Rebecca and Barry are captured by Jake and Wesker in an attempt to find Chris and Jill. The pair escape and run into Chris and Jill throughout the scenario. Barry is killed by Wesker in a final showdown where there are flashbacks of the original RE game (Jill sandwich anyone?).

Sheva Alomar and Josh Stone have been working with Ada Wong on a 'cure or something' to bring down Jake and Wesker. Josh dies at the end of the campaign as he risks his life to ensure the 'cure or something' is created.

Leon and Claire - Hunnigan is killed at the beginning of this campaign by Jake as he attempts to get data on Wesker's remains that were uncovered following RE5. Leon and Claire meet up with with Ada during their campaign but Ada is killed by the resurrected Wesker after handing over the 'cure or something' she made with Sheva and Josh.

At the end of the game, Leon and Claire are left to take on a mutated Jake. (Wesker infects his son). Jake is killed.

Chris and Jill confront Wesker but he creates a final boss and escapes... Leaving it open for RE8..

The game ends with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Sheva and Rebecca around a camp fire or in an abandoned building plottting their next missions.

Leon and Claire head off to investigate a distress call in the arctic (nice snowy setting for a spin off).
Chris and Jill leave to track Wesker, a signal from a post apocalyptic Racoon City is picked up. (These three need to stay together. They are RE Gold!)
Rebecca and Sheva head off for information on developing the cure. Known now as the 'Adacure' in memory of Ada Wong.

Roll Credits!

I hope you like my ideas, let me know what you think .

I'm at a loss for words, because this idea is so awesome, it takes my breath away. I do agree several characters should die, because technically, the only "main" protagonists to die onscreen were Steve and Piers.

Though, I would like to know how you think Jake should turn evil. Maybe he gets manipulated into it by Jessica Sherawat and Raymond Vestor. And maybe the T-abyss virus can make an appearance.

Trevor Smith

Yes. Jake turning bad... Well he could have had something injected in him at birth to trigger something on a particular birthday. Would be great to see him just change and slaughter Sherry.

Or he could have been lying throughout RE6 and have had secret intentions. A series of flashbacks to explain why he teamed up with Sherry. Befriending her to get to her blood.

Really glad u like my idea. I think those 7 could die and be shocking but not ruin the RE franchise

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Let me know what you think .

I think that Jake shouldn't turn evil (unless there's a believable explanation for it, which I haven't seen so far), I don't want him, Sherry and Ada to die (although I don't care about the rest), seven major character deaths is too much for one game anyway (who will be there to kill off in other entries of the series?), I don't want to see Chris in love with that Mary Sue (the day this becomes official is the day I stop being a Chris fan) and I don't want Wesker to be resurrected (he's had enough screen time to fail at developing a deep personality).

All in all: Nope. These ideas don't work for me. However, I like that you want to bring Sheva back. People who don't hate her guts are hard to find these days.

masterfortesque

While I like that latest story concept, a couple of things irk me too. First of all I can't see Jake being main villain in RE7. His story, ending and secret ending just hint the exact opposite. Maybe towards the end of RE7 he starts to realize his father was right that this world has to be purified or he gets captured and infected, but I don't see him starring RE7 as a villain.

Secondly while the list of fatalities is long, none of the biggest names Chris, Leon, Jill or Claire are there. To me killing off minor characters who can still be ignored or expanded upon is a waste and doesn't even reach the dramatic potential. And killing so many might just lessen the impact of each one. So IMO it would be better if one of the big 4 died maybe with 1 or 2 others.

Then a carrying theme in RE8 could be Barry+Jill and Leon+Claire teams discussing Chris's legacy for example. If a crowd of minors were killed it would probably be swept under a rug just so they can thin the cast.

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
i just want ...
Return the key characters ...Such as Claire and Jill...
claire_and_jill___gift___by_claire_wesker1-d36g719.jpg
Cancel Co-op ...Which upset many people that do not confer terrible atmosphere on the player and significantly reduces the tension
RESIDENT_EVIL_6_picture_121024_Ada_coop_002_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
I say if Capcom worked drastic changes in the game ...It is time to cancel some things and put things serve the game
Add music, such as the RE2 RE3 ..
re2.jpg
300px-RE3.jpg
remove the idea of chapters ...And be playing without chapters u know .. like old times
chapter-select.jpg
Reduce ammunition to make you think a thousand times before pressing the trigger
H._Gun_Bullets_(RE3).jpg
Reduce weapons ...Because it became like playing Call of Duty !!
593184-resident-evil-6-playstation-3-screenshot-switching-between.jpg
Increase the element of surprise...
gfs_18089_2_17.jpg
Increase puzzles and move away from identifying places...

Resident_Evil_3_Clock_Puzzle.jpg
just let us thinking!! cuz now
the player plays and know where he gets the key or screwdriver and what he does to get out ...!!!

Cancel movements taekwondo, karate, judo!! come on we r not playing WWR !!!
WWE-Raw-Results.jpg
NO KONG Fu.. please
Kung-Fu-Panda-kung-fu-panda-1543315-2308-2560.jpg
bring Back ammunition mixer...and Safe rooms
images
resident-evil-save-room-Frikarte.jpg
and we want stupid zompies but scary ..
47a17ea7fd3defe9ca06032283e53475.jpg
we dont want smart zompies with guns and RPG ..and still weak ..
re6_1-640x360.jpg
and one last thing
This Is The Final Hope CAPCOM
plz ..
bring the horror to our world
and you can name it
RESIDENT EVIL 7
FINAL HOPE

Flipqy42

Nevermore
remove the idea of chapters ...And be playing without chapters u know .. like old times
chapter-select.jpg
Increase puzzles and move away from identifying places...

Resident_Evil_3_Clock_Puzzle.jpg
just let us thinking!! cuz now
the player plays and know where he gets the key or screwdriver and what he does to get out ...!!!

Cancel movements taekwondo, karate, judo!! come on we r not playing WWR !!!
WWE-Raw-Results.jpg
NO KONG Fu.. please
Kung-Fu-Panda-kung-fu-panda-1543315-2308-2560.jpg
bring Back ammunition mixer...and Save rooms
images
resident-evil-save-room-Frikarte.jpg
and we want stupid zompies but scary ..
47a17ea7fd3defe9ca06032283e53475.jpg
we dont want smart zompies with guns and RPG ..and still weak ..
re6_1-640x360.jpg
and one last thing
This Is The Final Hope CAPCOM
plz ..
bring the horror to our world
and you can name it
RESIDENT EVIL 7
FINAL HOPE

Puzzles can be included, but not put randomly for the sake of having puzzles. In my opinion, there should not have been a lot of puzzles in RE2 and RE3, because it made no sense. Why would you need to put a medal in a statue in the RPD just to get a key? Why does Jill need to switch a book for a compass in city hall to get a batter to power a lift to the power station? I have nothing against puzzles, but there at least to be some realism.

Chapters aren't so bad, along with coop. An idea I have for a RE2/RE3 remake is to combine them so it goes from Jill getting infected to Leon and Claire arriving in the city, without the hassle of changing discs (since I tend to play the games in canonical order). And I think everything would be fine if the RE0 style partner system was implemented in the games, with an optional thing to switch over to online or split screen coop to play with friends.

In a bio-terrorist attack, terrorists aren't going to be using just zombies, as zombies are mistakes. The whole purpose of Umbrella creating the viruses is to create the ultimate biological weapon, and I don't think zombies fall under that category. So they can't just drop creatures like ganados/majinis/j'avos because they are the idealistic B.O.W.s, while zombies are accidents. Of course, I'm not saying to get rid of zombies completely, just don't make them the only thing used in an attack.

Hand-to-hand combat should only be used when appropriate, like with puzzles. Like with Chris or Leon, it's believable for them to use those kinds of moves. New characters that lack combat experience should not be able to use those kinds of moves.

I do like the idea of gun powder and safe rooms returning, but the typewriters should be updated to laptops. And like how you need to find ink ribbon to use the typewriter, you should have to find laptop batteries to power the laptop long enough to save.

Jill and Claire do need to return, perhaps with cameos of Rebecca and Barry and others, just to let us know what they are doing with their lives. And Resident Evil 7: Final Hope sounds like a kickass title.

I AM LEGEND

Shine Bright Like A Diamond
Bring horror back, this includesmusic, atmosphere, and enemy type, if they miss the marks on any one of these, Resident Evil 7 won't live up to it's reputation. Resident Evil Revelations did a remarkable job with horror, yet they tried to squeeze action into the title as if it didn't know what genre it was, Resident Evil's identity is getting meshed with action in order to appeal to the Call of Duty market. The gaming industry is already saturated with a plethora of action titles, the reason you buy Resident Evil isn't because You want to get your fix on action, nor is it because of the "brilliant" story, you buy Resident Evil titles because the game instilled fear in you, and we all like to feel vulnerable from time to time. If Resident Evil doesn't do horror, what left of it's established identity is left? You can give nods to past games and references to them as much as you like, with enemies, bosses, and characters, but it still won't be the same. Not if it doesn't have what the franchise stands for, not if it doesn't hold the values that the titles had when Shinji Mikami was overseeing his creation. I believe it started with the movies; in Resident Evil 3, whenever Nemesis came around the corner he scared the **** out of you, from his size, to his voice, everything about him scared the **** out of you. The moment he appeared you gunned it, run away from that bastard. In Resident Evil Apocalypse, what does Alice do? Run up to Nemesis and do some Kung-Fu moves on him. Then it ends up that Nemesis has feelings and he's good after all. Resident Evil needs horror, and it needs to avoid as many Michael Bay styled explosions as possible...

i think thats enough capcom not a baby and we are not fools ..
we want Resident evil 7 messed with our nerves .. or messed with our mind !

Fenris

Wolf :)
I just hope, RE7 has some connection to the other RE's. Ever since Code Veronica, it feels like there is no "common theme" in the main series anymore. Since then it's pretty much like " random year, random new virus, random outbreak, random story" and I'm somehow getting sick of that! There are a few details here and there that we wouldn't know without the previous games. But it's not like back in RE2 or CV where you ask yourself "Why did they became zombies in the first place?" or "What happend to Claires brother and how long is she looking for him?" Where you had to play the previous games to find out what really happend. Now after complaining, here are some solutions for RE7:

-Neo-Umbrella as the villains (I know the destiny of the company isn't revealed but I have the feeling that they are wiped out again...)

-Jill and Claire as the Protagonists and some backstory for the timeline between Degeneration/RE5 and RE7.

-Mentions of former main characters fate (maybe even Jake and Sherry as characters)

-A familiar face as Antagonist for multiple games (seriously Capcom, you have made so MANY awesome Antagonists use them!) How about Jill vs Nicholai? Or maybe a catfight between Claire and Jessica? *fantasize* Or Carla returning and continuing to cover up as Ada Wong (I mean the whole world still thinks that Carla IS Ada apart from Simmons and the real Ada. And I think Capcom could have made better use of this story)

-No coop, just vintage and classic single player! I mean the AI sucks anyway and multiplayer isn't THAT much fun.

-No new viruses and no new BOW's (I mean is it so hard to modify some familiar BOW's?)

That's about it with my opinion...

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I just hope, RE7 has some connection to the other RE's. Ever since Code Veronica, it feels like there is no "common theme" in the main series anymore. Since then it's pretty much like " random year, random new virus, random outbreak, random story" and I'm somehow getting sick of that! There are a few details here and there that we wouldn't know without the previous games. But it's not like back in RE2 or CV where you ask yourself "Why did they became zombies in the first place?" or "What happend to Claires brother and how long is she looking for him?" Where you had to play the previous games to find out what really happend. Now after complaining, here are some solutions for RE7:

-Neo-Umbrella as the villains (I know the destiny of the company isn't revealed but I have the feeling that they are wiped out again...)

-Jill and Claire as the Protagonists and some backstory for the timeline between Degeneration/RE5 and RE7.

-Mentions of former main characters fate (maybe even Jake and Sherry as characters)

-A familiar face as Antagonist for multiple games (seriously Capcom, you have made so MANY awesome Antagonists use them! How about Jill vs Nicholai? Or maybe a catfight between Claire and Jessica? *fantasize* Or Carla returning and continuing to cover up as Ada Wong (I mean the whole world still thinks that Carla IS Ada apart from Simmons and the real Ada. And I think Capcom could have made better use of this story)

-No coop, just vintage and classic single player! I mean the AI sucks anyway and multiplayer isn't THAT much fun.

-No new viruses and no new BOW's (I mean is it so hard to modify some familiar BOW's?)

That's about it with my opinion...

I think Alex Wesker should finally be introduced as the person who takes over Neo-Umbrella after Carla's death, and have him/her be the next long running villain, perhaps with assistance from Jessica and Raymond.

Reactions: Hel

Ixior Royaume

Hi fellas. I know I'm a noob, but I just wanted to put my two pennorth in. I think RE7 (if it ever comes) should settle the issue of Alex Wesker. I think he was running Carla Radames and has been behind Neo-Umbrella from the start. In terms of returning characters, I'd love to see Barry Burton put in an appearance, along with Hunk and Ada. Potentially, they could also deal with Jessica Sherawat, Steve Burnside and even (as a boss) Piers Nivans.

TheBlackYoshie

Ok, What Resident Evil 7 (RE7) should be in my opinion and back me up if you think so to, but here we go.

1.Make it co-op campaign
2. Main Characters and Partners
Leon S. Kennedy & Helena Harper
Chris Redfield & Claire Redfield
Jill Valentine & Jake Muller
Ada Wong & Sherry Birkin
-After released DLC Agent Graham (Ashely in here 30's and not annoying) and Agent Sheva
3.Go back to the City setting and give back & KEEP the zombies, plus more but NO parasites
4.Develop a great story and ending for all the characters and put the Resident Evil series at rest
5.DO NOT CONTINUE AFTER 7 OR IT WILL GET OLD...stop at 7 it's a good move, all great things end
6.Have 4 different campaigns with great endings to all characters to put the series and the fans to ease
7.Have a HUGE Mercenaries mode with 1-4 players co-op with characters like Leon,Hunk,Ada,Chris,Claire,Jill,Jake,Sherry,Rebecca,Berry,Wesker,Helena,Sheva,Agent Graham,Krasuar,Luis Sera,hunniganand maps from RE3-RE7
8. Make connection with the story about Ada and Sherry in RE2/RE6 & Connections about wesker with Jill and jake, let Chris and Claire have great sibling story connection, like family talk we haven't heard of to really give the final Re a great story kick
9.make it 3rd person but install and option within the camera setting to change the entire game into fix camera mode like the classic RE games or the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC in RE5
10. Make a main villein that connects to ALL the RE's in a way or style not just RE7
11. One of Redfields dies, idk
12. release it on PS4,Xbox720,WiiU, PCin 2016/2017

these are just ideas an opinions and even if you don't like all of them tell me what out of all this you think capcom should implement in RE7

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Ok, What Resident Evil 7 (RE7) should be in my opinion and back me up if you think so to, but here we go.

1.Make it co-op campaign
2. Main Characters and Partners
Leon S. Kennedy & Helena Harper
Chris Redfield & Claire Redfield
Jill Valentine & Jake Muller
Ada Wong & Sherry Birkin
-After released DLC Agent Graham (Ashely in here 30's and not annoying) and Agent Sheva
3.Go back to the City setting and give back & KEEP the zombies, plus more but NO parasites
4.Develop a great story and ending for all the characters and put the Resident Evil series at rest
5.DO NOT CONTINUE AFTER 7 OR IT WILL GET OLD...stop at 7 it's a good move, all great things end
6.Have 4 different campaigns with great endings to all characters to put the series and the fans to ease
7.Have a HUGE Mercenaries mode with 1-4 players co-op with characters like Leon,Hunk,Ada,Chris,Claire,Jill,Jake,Sherry,Rebecca,Berry,Wesker,Helena,Sheva,Agent Graham,Krasuar,Luis Sera,hunniganand maps from RE3-RE7
8. Make connection with the story about Ada and Sherry in RE2/RE6 & Connections about wesker with Jill and jake, let Chris and Claire have great sibling story connection, like family talk we haven't heard of to really give the final Re a great story kick
9.make it 3rd person but install and option within the camera setting to change the entire game into fix camera mode like the classic RE games or the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC in RE5
10. Make a main villein that connects to ALL the RE's in a way or style not just RE7
11. One of Redfields dies, idk
12. release it on PS4,Xbox720,WiiU, PCin 2016/2017

these are just ideas an opinions and even if you don't like all of them tell me what out of all this you think capcom should implement in RE7

1. Agree
  2. Agree
  3. On the fence- they can't just drop intelligent enemies like J'avos. Zombies should return, but they aren't exactly what a bio-terrorist would want for an attack. There should be both, zombies and creatures like ganados/majinis/j'avos.
  4. Agree
  5. On the fence, I think the series should continue, but with younger, inexperienced characters, with the older ones serving as mission support, like Hunnigan does.
  6. Agree
  7. I don't really care, as I don't play much mercenaries, but I agree
  8. Agree
  9. Agree, that way that would be 1 less thing fans would complain about. I prefer the camera angle of RE4/RE5/RE6, because I feel that it is more subversive than the static camera angle.
  10. Agree. Alex Wesker, perhaps?
  11. Disagree. They both should live.
  12. RE7 on the PS4 would be the only reason for me to buy a PS4.

TheBlackYoshie

ALSO!!!!!! if they go after 7 everyone is going to get to old anyway....finish this **** before everyone is in there late 40's...

Legendary0630

Here's what I believe Resident Evil 7 SHOULD contain.

Number 1) A more compelling storyline than what we saw in Resident Evil 6. Fun, yes. Interesting, not really it was a little dull. Here's a synopsis I'd like to see Resident Evil 7 take. Chris Redfield, along with Jake Muller, are kidnapped by Neo-Umbrella (since this is our new interprise villain): Chris due to his constent interference and Jake due to his value. Claire Redfield is sought out by the BSAA due to her prior experience with BOW's to find her brother and bring him back safely. In her doing this, Claire seeks additional help from the prestigious Jill Valentine, hence, beginning the first Female-Female story campaign. Already calculating possible protectors of justice, Neo-Umbrella does the unthinkable. While flying to Neo-Umbrella's possible base of headquarters, their attacked by something and crash in a forsaken zombie urban enviornment. As the two proceed, welcome forth experiment Nemesis-Alpha 3 (it just sounds cool to me lol :D). It's mission, Destroy Jill and Claire. Also, have points where the two are separated from an extended period of time multiple times within the game. Like 10, 15, 20 minutes alone: that way people who enjoy co-op are satisfied and people who enjoy the tension of being solo are satisfied. I think sticking to ONE primary story line veers away from too much confusion and allows the players to follow a steady path. But in this case, TWO would make this story more interesting as Jake and Chris are paired together whom have an unfinished agenda with one another. Whereas Claire and Jill's story focuses on the two trying to infiltrate Neo-Umbrella and escaping the new Nemesis superpower, Chris and Jake's story focus on them trying to escape the facility. I think aide from previous characters, like Ada, Leon, Sherry, Hunk, and any other qualifying character would be great for the game because it allows all characters a cameo and involvement in the storyline. If these characters are however introduced, they should have their own side stories that explain how the FOUR primary characters encountered unexplainable events. (Just like the Ada campaign in 6).

At the climax, it should be revealed that superpower Albert Wesker had never truly died. He should be a villain unimaginable, one that takes ALL FOUR CHARACTERS to defeat. He should also utilize other Alpha Nemesises to accomplish trying to kill the heroes with all of them beholding unspeakable mutations. This is where Jake realizes that Chris had to do what he did so long ago. Now son helps hero kill his father once and for all. AHHHHHH!!!!!

2) The second component that this should have is THE RIGHT OF AN OPEN MAP LIKE PREVIOUS RE'S!!!!! That was what made Resident evil so fun. There was something to be found in EVERY ROOM and you could not proceed through the game until EVERY ROOM had been opened.

3) PUMP UP THE FRIGHT! I understand with the evolving of technology, some games have to compete with modern times but come on, is it so difficult to try and scare the S@&* out of me?

4) Bring back the usage of four-shaped keys. Though it was annoying in some cases, I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was able to figure out difficult puzzles and locate the keys.

5) Please bring back intricate puzzles. NOT stupid one's like when Ada had to shoot zombies into the walls (swear to God took me a million years to figure that **** out). It just didn't seem relevant enough.

That's how I feel Resident Evil will redeem it's name from RE 5 and 6 and those HORRIBLE Milla Jovovich renditions. God those are aweful.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS YEAH?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think what I enjoyed most about the first few Resident Evils and games similar to them (such as Dino Crisis) is that they weren't just y'know, 'survival horrors' - they were also mysteries and your character had to unfold them. Whether by finding this key or that key or completing some sort of puzzle and following leads and hints from the other characters... that's what to me has always been the most compelling. I'd be happy with a game that went back to that sort of style.

At this point I don't really care who is in it. I don't know why I'm finding myself so indifferent lately to characters I used to really like.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
My biggest gripe with RE6(Yes, even more so than an assault of QTE's) was the story telling. I mean, all of this was started over Simmons wanting to uh... ya know... Ada Wong? C'mon, you can do better than that Capcom!

But for RE7, I'd like them to focus on one OR two scenarios. That way the story can actually be fleshed out, and hopefully have that good ol' Resident Evil charm that I miss. If two, keep it in the same area. Some areas will be blocked off for said character, and the other gets to explore that part. More puzzles are always welcome. And undoubtedly, there's gonna be some action. As long as the pacing of it is there, I'm fine with it. I don't want any new characters, preferably someone we haven't seen in a while. Leon is always welcome, but that's just my personal preference.

And am I the only one that misses actually checking things? Like, hitting "X", and actually reading what they had to say about the environment? Idk, a pet peeve of mine I suppose. Gave you a little extra insight on the character IMO.

Top Bottom