• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS YEAH?

Apart from that I don't think the BSAA would need to ask Claire to find Chris (unless there's a very good reason for it), this sounds fun! Chris and Jake as partners? The bitch fights wouldn't be as hilarious as between Jake and Piers, but still... quite an interesting pairing for a campaign. As for Wesker, well, I also stated that I don't want him to return, but then again, seeing Chris, Claire, Jake and Jill (CC - JJ... coincidence?) finish him off together would be awesome.

And am I the only one that misses actually checking things? Like, hitting "X", and actually reading what they had to say about the environment? Idk, a pet peeve of mine I suppose. Gave you a little extra insight on the character IMO.

No, you're not the only one. I miss that too. There are a few objects you can examine in RE5, but it's not enough. But I think most of the characters' comments in the older games were much too analytical and impersonal (like, there's a painting of a woman on the wall, you let Jill examine it and she says: "It's a painting of a woman." - duh!), and they should have varied from character to character (now place Chris in front of the painting and he will say exactly the same thing as Jill did).
Compared to Silent Hill 3: When you have Heather examine a mirror, she will tell you that she doesn't like mirrors, and even explain why. She also makes funny, silly or confused observations from time to time. I know it's just a detail, but I would love to have that in the next RE game.
Also, bring back scattered documents that you can read whenever you want once you've collected them.

masterfortesque

If that volcano-case didn't kill Albert, then I will never believe anything will. Not even a direct nuke hit, when he's sleeping and overdosed, in outer space.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Apart from that I don't think the BSAA would need to ask Claire to find Chris (unless there's a very good reason for it), this sounds fun! Chris and Jake as partners? The bitch fights wouldn't be as hilarious as between Jake and Piers, but still... quite an interesting pairing for a campaign. As for Wesker, well, I also stated that I don't want him to return, but then again, seeing Chris, Claire, Jake and Jill (CC - JJ... coincidence?) finish him off together would be awesome.

No, you're not the only one. I miss that too. There are a few objects you can examine in RE5, but it's not enough. But I think most of the characters' comments in the older games were much too analytical and impersonal (like, there's a painting of a woman on the wall, you let Jill examine it and she says: "It's a painting of a woman." - duh!), and they should have varied from character to character (now place Chris in front of the painting and he will say exactly the same thing as Jill did).
Compared to Silent Hill 3: When you have Heather examine a mirror, she will tell you that she doesn't like mirrors, and even explain why. She also makes funny, silly or confused observations from time to time. I know it's just a detail, but I would love to have that in the next RE game.
Also, bring back scattered documents that you can read whenever you want once you've collected them.
You're right about Heather in SH3, they utilized that aspect of the game very well. I know you're not a fan of RE4, but they did this to an extent in that one. Leon's comments on the surroundings seemed more personal rather than "This is a painting" ect. Specifically one part on the island you inspect some kind of meat or something, and he goes "I don't know what this is, but I sure could use a fat juicy steak right now." Paraphrasing here. Same with Ada in her side campaign.

And yes, I miss creepy files that give bac story!

CasimirZ

I'm..Ada..Wong
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that if they bring Jill into the next sequel (Very likely) then they should surprise us by secretly bringing in Carlos (RE3). Maybe set up a sequence where She runs into him along her mission and to find that he's a new recruit in the BSAA North America division, and hell maybe even Billy Coen.

chris.red

I think that RE 7 should include Piers in some way. I have read other threads and many people want him back. An idea I read somewhere was that Piers wasn't actually physically seen die. And after Chris gets shot out in the escape pod we see another escape pod seen after. Unfortunately for Pier's arm he should still be in the game. He is very hurt and the virus is spreading but he eventually runs into the new villain, whoever he may be. He makes Piers his right hand man after healing him. Similar thing with how Jill was covered in RE5 he should continue on in the story being covered. RE7 is gonna have various campaigns and his should follow after Chris. During Chris campaign, he meets Piers again near the end and he wounds Chris. After finding out it was Piers, they share a happy and sad moment because Chris wants Piers to continue his life away from the BSAA. not sure what happens after but if anyone likes my idea i would like some replies. Thanks :)

chris.red

i think re7 should be like this.....since neo umbrella got sick n tired of chris nailing down their operations again n again so they captured chris redfield and put him into isolation..lol...now piers and jill were sent to rescue him....re7 brings back wesker since he escaped from that valcano after chris and sheva left. Somehow he convinced his son jake to screw chris, albert and jake takingover neo umbrella and creates a new virus called A.J.W virus (albert jake wesker ;p).

Howard

Hero of the alspark
resident_evil_revolution_by_cybersubzero-d4tcl2w.jpg

Truth to be told, this idea of mine is a very old. Okay, let's began shall we? I do plan on sending Capcom these ideas.​
Here's some of the old ideas, I thought of.

1.The main original character was an young eskimo woman from Antarctica. Her name is Ahnah
2. Zombies return, along with zombie polor bears..Dogs
3. Weapons in the game are, Uiu(Womens knife),War Hapoon,Spears, Cable Backed Bow,Bolas.
4. Lots of locations to visit.
5. Classic weapons return like L. Hawk, G. Launcher.
6. The sliding and dodging from RE6, and the coner cover from RE:ORC.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Many people ask to see Claire and Jill together. Why don't we take this one step farther and have an all-female RE?

Claire and Jill could be the main characters, but Ada must be there as well. All three female main characters in one game, yay! Rebecca could either appear as a supporting character and become playable in Mercenaries, or team up with Jill for one campaign while the other focuses on Claire and Sherry. The antagonist could be Alex Wesker who turns out to be a woman and transforms into a tyrant in the course of time, simply because I think a female tyrant would be cool. I know we had that before with Morpheus in Dead Aim, but that was years ago and I'm not sure if it's canon.

But now comes the most important part: No Chris or Leon! Seriously, Jill and Ada need to get a life and finally step out of the shadows of the men they were never seen without in previous games (yeah, the pedants among you might argue that Jill was alone in RE3, but Chris wasn't completely absent from that game either). There can be other male characters such as Barry, male BSAA agents or any newcomers, but Chris and Leon have to stay away this time, even from the Mercenaries mode.

I think RE7 would be an ideal opportunity to make this happen because it's about time to bring back Claire, Jill and Rebecca anyway. Chris and Leon were in RE6, so their stories don't need to be continued yet. Chris was also in RE5 and Revelations, and with Operation Raccoon City and Damnation, I'm sure everyone except the most diehard fanboys will agree that we've also seen enough of Leon lately. Sherry was in RE6 too, but she was absent for fifteen years before that, so it wouldn't hurt to have her appear in two games in a row. As for Ada, we just make an exception.

stuart

I have just seen the trailer for res 7 on youtube... does look good, leon fighting a new blond bird not seen before. Loads of shooting and the usual beasts to kill. I hope chris comes back think hes been good in res 5 and 6. Felt sad when piers got left behind he showed his faith and loyalty in chris. Just hope res 7 is realy good, but got 2 years to wait......

PiersNivansRealHero

I liked a lot of the ideas so far but I think we need to get one thing straight. Capcom needs to decide whether or not they want to continue the franchise further. RE7 is pretty much a given considering everyone is already talking about it but what about later. The RE legends in my mind would be Chris, Leon, Jill, Claire, and maybe Ada and they will need to be in this game. We all want some closure (although I don't really like Chris or Leon, I still think they should be in it). They make up the franchise since they are like the originals and the ones who most people like. However, in bringing new characters i.e Helena & Jake, they have set up a problem (although I really love Jake). these new characters did appeal to many people and so the fans would want a bit more closure if RE7 is going to be the last game. As for the villain, it will be another problem choosing who it will be since he/she will have to be very significant and have had earlier beef with the characters in other games. Some people want Albert Wesker & others Alex Wesker. However, in bringing Jake, they have set up a problem considering he will definately have beef with his father but everyone who had met him earlier i.e Chris, Claire, Ada will want a piece out of him. But that will leave the rest of the characters with no one to battle. RE7 should follow a little bit after RE6 in the sense that it needs to have campaigns (although not necessarily be divided into the chapters many of us loathe). It needs to be very action-packed and full of many people, which will give us a really lengthy game, perhaps weeks to finish. Now, I know we all agree the problem with RE6 is that it tried to appeal to all of us and in doing so it made no one happy. Some campaigns should be pure evil and scare while others actiony and just that. They shouldnt try to merge the action and the fear because all you get is a ****ty game. Capcom has put themselves into a hole that will be hard to get out of considering no one was really left with closure and so many of us want that. However, I do have hope that there is someone in there company who is creative enough to come up with an idea that will include a lot of characters without making it cheesy and pure action. they need to bring some deux ex machina up in this bitch if they want to solve anything but do it in an effective way that will not open new unfinished business.

Nemesis1985

Honestly, I want Capcom to end the series via RE 7, for one major reason: When Resident Evil is over, Capcom needs to produce another game and eventually series, but in order to attract gameplayers and to sell millions of copies, they need the very first series to be extraordinary and phenomenal which meets most of all RE fans expectations. Thus, they have to go back to their roots, which is pure horror survival, and less action, just like how they worked on first series of RE.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
OK. I'd like to see a Reunion of old cast members. :)

Capcom need to stop adding to the list of characters use RE7 to tie some loose ends.
RE7 should take a risk and kill off some major names.

Here's my idea:

A split scenario game again but one that intertwines characters rather than seperate scenarios. Choices made in game will affect other characters. i.e you can choose to leave guns behind for another character or block a door that would stop the next characters from entering that room. Also you would meet people such as chainsaw guys who you could escape from or fight. If you escape, they will meet other characters in the game. You can also choose which team to send where.

As it's RE7, I would kill off 7 major characters.
I believe killing off characters needs to happen in order to keep the series fresh.

There would be 1 main scenario but split over 4 intertwined scenarios that all play out at the same time.
i.e Levels 1-3 will playout as Chris and Jill but then level 4 -6 will be Leon and Claire.

My main enemy would be Jake Muller. The game would start with him killing off Sherry Birkin, using her blood and his own to create a new virus and resurrect his father, Albert Wesker.

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine will be on a mission to save Rebecca and Barry who have been kidnapped by Wesker and Jake - In their scenario, a relationship will finally be confirmed.

Rebecca Chambers and Barry Burton - Rebecca is on the run with Billy Coen (they are in a relationship), they meet Barry but have been tracked by Jake and Wesker. Billy is killed at the beginning of this scenario. Rebecca and Barry are captured by Jake and Wesker in an attempt to find Chris and Jill. The pair escape and run into Chris and Jill throughout the scenario. Barry is killed by Wesker in a final showdown where there are flashbacks of the original RE game (Jill sandwich anyone?).

Sheva Alomar and Josh Stone have been working with Ada Wong on a 'cure or something' to bring down Jake and Wesker. Josh dies at the end of the campaign as he risks his life to ensure the 'cure or something' is created.

Leon and Claire - Hunnigan is killed at the beginning of this campaign by Jake as he attempts to get data on Wesker's remains that were uncovered following RE5. Leon and Claire meet up with with Ada during their campaign but Ada is killed by the resurrected Wesker after handing over the 'cure or something' she made with Sheva and Josh.

At the end of the game, Leon and Claire are left to take on a mutated Jake. (Wesker infects his son). Jake is killed.

Chris and Jill confront Wesker but he creates a final boss and escapes... Leaving it open for RE8..

The game ends with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Sheva and Rebecca around a camp fire or in an abandoned building plottting their next missions.

Leon and Claire head off to investigate a distress call in the arctic (nice snowy setting for a spin off).
Chris and Jill leave to track Wesker, a signal from a post apocalyptic Racoon City is picked up. (These three need to stay together. They are RE Gold!)
Rebecca and Sheva head off for information on developing the cure. Known now as the 'Adacure' in memory of Ada Wong.

Roll Credits!

I hope you like my ideas, let me know what you think .
Awesome idea! Was hoping you kept chris alive. But Ada,,,poor ada :(

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
They need to be brave and do something different. I m sick of hand-holding games that have to show you everything and make it far too easy. The intro scene to Re6 is a classic example. Why does everygame need some pointless intro designed to slowly teach you every button.?
I'm sick of Auto aim and bullet magnetism in every freaking game. I hope next generation takes hardcore gaming more seriously and 'trusts' us with fully configerable controls and options to turn sticky aim or in re6 case 'quickshot' off. Forget making everything simple and easy for a 3 year old,. theres an 18 badge on the f++king covers for a reason

Kratoz7

Here's an idea go all Mega Man 9 and retro a new game with the old graphics. I'm sure that'll shut some people up hah. all kidding aside. The only thing I'd want out of a Resident Evil 7 is no more left analog stick shaking. I wore out my left analog stick from years of game developers thinking it wouldn't mess up controllers

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
yeah quick time events were far over used and not needed in re6. They further 'noobify' the game.
If a zombie grabs you and bites you it should be game over. Lets get some realism back and fear of death.
in re6 you can counter every zombie by tapping shoot. its just too easy

Kratoz7

yeah quick time events were far over used and not needed in re6. They further 'noobify' the game.
If a zombie grabs you and bites you it should be game over. Lets get some realism back and fear of death.
in re6 you can counter every zombie by tapping shoot. its just too easy
I'm actually terrible at doing counters. I don't mind quick time events. God of War is a tough game on the hardest settings even with quick time events. And Resident Evil 1,2, and 3 never had realism hah. It took more than one bite to kill a player. And "realistically" who the hell is gonna stand still and shoot when a charging enemy like a licker is coming at the player. In Resident Evil 5 Professional mode. 1 hit by any enemy and you're dying. I want to see someone play that without upgrade weapons infinite ammo or extra health. The way I see it if a game is too easy than I just make the game harder for myself.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Thats a good point. My main concern is its an Apocalypse, the end of the world. Zombies should be scary. Even a fully trained soldier, surrounded by 10 zombies is most likely to die, in a 'real zombie' situation (lol).. Anyway, if a horde comes i shouldnt be thinking, oh i can tap Rt and bash my way through these i am guaranteed to kill all these easy. I should be thinking, where can I run, should i shoot one in head and then bash the rest in to save ammo, you know more tactically. In re6 it was never scary and didnt die very often.

I want a game where your scared as hell and think about every corner you turn around. Zombies should be merciless killers that stop at nothing to eat your flesh.

Top Bottom