• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 "Rushing?"

exactly, their plans for dlc have probably already been mapped out.
so what they actually include in the release package doesn't matter because it'll be extended at some point anyway.
That's right, so considering that I won't be able to wait for the "Super duper OMFG jizz in your pantz" edition I'm gonna buy 6 and then when the real RE6 is released about 3 or 4 months later I will just buy it used so Cappy don't get paid twice. :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Look, you guys also have to think about marketing...I mean, if it comes out in the tail end of November then it's like the whole Christmas Rush...RE6 is a horror game...So having it released in October, the month of Halloween when everything is about horror makes more sense to me...Plus, it's still close enough to the holiday season so that they'll get their Christmas run money...The game, like others have said, is already finished...So they're just doing the finishing tweaks now...I don't think it's being rushed at all...I think the way they're doing it now is the smartest...It benefits US the fans and THEM the company at the same time...Two stones with one bird...

As for DLC...Look, if they're gonna do it they're gonna do it...There are always gonna be people who will complain about it, and there are always gonna be people who will buy it no matter what...DLC is the Yin Yang of the gaming world today...And frankly, if it's cool DLC I don't have a problem with it...I mean...If they're cutting and reading the story as DLC then I'll have an issue...But say it's some costume packs, some weapons, maybe some bonus levels that are just fun, not story driven...I'd be a ok with that...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
This is what I was concerned about the most. Its great Capcom wants to release it to us fans soon as possible. I just hope they put all the time and effort they can into it. I'd rather wait extra months to get a great game, than get it early and its below expectations.

Honeybadgers

A lot of fans were hyped(like u), others were disappointed cuz Capcom might have "cut" the game and probably announce the "cut" parts to be a certain DLC = $. I think that they have pushed it to October so that It'll get more attention cuz a lot of big games are going to be released in Nov (AC:3, BLOPS 2, Bioshock, etc) and obviously Capcom wants the $$$$$ DLC= $$$$

You say this like it is a bad thing, it is a great business move. Whiny gamers sound so entitled. The dlc they offered for 5 was great (apart from not doing versus reunion or allowing all mercenaries characters together). So their history with resident evil dlc isn't that bad compared to their fighter series.

That's right, so considering that I won't be able to wait for the "Super duper OMFG jizz in your pantz" edition I'm gonna buy 6 and then when the real RE6 is released about 3 or 4 months later I will just buy it used so Cappy don't get paid twice. :D
How is re5 gold edition the real re5? All it did was include some skins and dlc stories. Resident evil 5 was still complete without it.

Me too, I have thought about what Capcom did to RE5. I hope they won't screw up this time. I mean really, thinking about Mercenaries and continuation of storyline as DLC? smh

The story is around 30 hours long with 3 campaigns and with mercenaries unlocked from the beginning. That is a complete game. If they want to offer a side story as dlc they can. They will probably even include the competitive multiplayer for free to gain a bigger following for future skin packs and maps.

lol i was hyped either way, it's only a month, not exactly like there pushing it a year. i can actually wait a month so it doesn't make a bit of difference to me, and since i'll be downloading it, i'll get it before the release date anyway so again whatever offical date they put out won't make a blind bit off difference to me.

But you will be getting it after everyone else as the pc version is going to be released later. Also how do you know you will get it before the release date?

naomih808

Ok, I'm a little blonde.. Underneath my hair.. lol, Though could you just clear this up for me.
The Dlc is add ons right??
Like the time when Ressie 5 came out and they released the add ons like costume packs and stuff like Versus and desperate escape etc on the ps store??

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
But you will be getting it after everyone else as the pc version is going to be released later. Also how do you know you will get it before the release date?

i don't mean i'll be downloading it for pc, i download games for xbox360.
and i can't guarantee 100% percent, but just about every major release get's released online for download before the actual release date, take for example mw3, came out about 4 days before the official release date for download, erm the witcher 2 assassin of kings, i had that 11 days before the official xbox360 release date and all the other big releases this past year or so, if you know where to look you'll get it before everyone else.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey, just figured I should let ya know that you can't post even two times in a row...Let alone four or five...Just hit the reply button when you want to reply to something, and if there's something you wanna reply to again, just hit the reply button for that post as well...

I agree with you completely about DLC though...If Capcom can expand their profit by doing so then so be it...If people wanna download things so much instead of buying a hard copy then give 'em what they ask for...I mean...I hate downloading when there's a hard copy out there, but if you wanna charge for extra content TO download then that's fine by me..You're exactly right...30 Hours of gameplay is definitely a full game, and Mercs is already on there as well...So if Capcom wants to add DLC by all means add DLC...Everyone was ****ed about the LIN as DLC but I liked it better that way...It made it feel separate from all that was wrong with RE5...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Hey, just figured I should let ya know that you can't post even two times in a row...Let alone four or five...Just hit the reply button when you want to reply to something, and if there's something you wanna reply to again, just hit the reply button for that post as well...

I agree with you completely about DLC though...If Capcom can expand their profit by doing so then so be it...If people wanna download things so much instead of buying a hard copy then give 'em what they ask for...I mean...I hate downloading when there's a hard copy out there, but if you wanna charge for extra content TO download then that's fine by me..You're exactly right...30 Hours of gameplay is definitely a full game, and Mercs is already on there as well...So if Capcom wants to add DLC by all means add DLC...Everyone was ****ed about the LIN as DLC but I liked it better that way...It made it feel separate from all that was wrong with RE5...
Just as they did with RE5 they'll release dlc for it first. Then more than likely they'll release a gold edition a couple months after with those same extra modes, outfits, and scenarios for those who haven't bought it yet. But if what Capcom saying is true and we'll have a 30 hour campaign that alone is worth the price.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Just as they did with RE5 they'll release dlc for it first. Then more than likely they'll release a platinum edition a year later with those same extra modes, outfits, and scenarios for those who haven't bought it yet. But if what Capcom saying is true and we'll have a 30 hour campaign that alone is worth the price.
i couldn't agree more, 30 hours for a game is good news in my books, so any DLC released after that is an added bonus.
fair enough if it was like RE1/2/3 where you could complete the game in under 3 hours, that would seem like we were being stiffed for cash when it came to DLC, but 30 hours...thumbs up

zeroskaterz92

being push one month early is better than being push 7 or 8 months period (Mass Effect 3).
in the Captivate event, they also showcased full one mission for Leon's story - almost everything from the character fluid movement, the health bar, ammo, etc.
so I'd say, everything is already finish up except for a few tweaks - credits, menu, subtitles, aligned the cutscenes, etc. also they still working on to convert it properly for PC gamers - improve graphics, buttons configuration, 3D vision, etc.
even the day 1 DLC is just for the mercenaries maps. exclusive 3 maps actually.
I guess it's better than how EA push BioWare to release Mass Effect 3 early (original date should be around October to November but we got it on March), it rushes everything and the ending were not properly done (but at least we get the Extended Cut DLC for FREE).

sbr999

in the Captivate event, they also showcased full one mission for Leon's story - almost everything from the character fluid movement, the health bar, ammo, etc.
Was this event where they first showed the Captivate trailer (the 'original' one with the Italian subtitles)?
I'm asking, because I'm curious, if I could find a gameplay video, but if you say, that it was the Italian event, then I'm guessing the trailer was the only video that was leaked out earlier.

zeroskaterz92

Was this event where they first showed the Captivate trailer (the 'original' one with the Italian subtitles)?
I'm asking, because I'm curious, if I could find a gameplay video, but if you say, that it was the Italian event, then I'm guessing the trailer was the only video that was leaked out earlier.
yeah, the event in Rome. i don't know if they will upload the gameplay (possibly it won't). so far, we only got few screenshot of the game itself. :(
maybe they don't want to leak the gameplay instead they want us to wait until Dragon's Dogma to release so that we can play the Demo.
so those who went to the Captivate event were lucky.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
What you do is dont buy the DLC, then when the rumours creep up saying the gold edition is coming sell that game asap!!! and put it towards your preorder of the gold edition! Beat the game, get all the trophies/achievments then sell it!

Carter478

I hear RE6 will be over 30 hours long and you play from 3 different characters stories like Leon, Chris and Jake. I still can't believe it'd be over 30 hours that's amazing and that it got pushed forward is great too. I can't wait to get this game :)

Top Bottom