• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 Longest Game To Date?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
yeah something along the lines of 30 hours for all 3 campaigns. pretty impressive for RE lol, considering back in the day i was speed running ps1 RE in less than 3 hours lol

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well they already confirmed that they are trying a more action oriented route with this game so there is no shocker there.

And I guess its good to hear that it will be a long game, I just hope that the survival horror parts of the game are a big part of those "long hours" instead of the action packed parts of the game.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i
Well they already confirmed that they are trying a more action oriented route with this game so there is no shocker there.

And I guess its good to hear that it will be a long game, I just hope that the survival horror parts of the game are a big part of those "long hours" instead of the action packed parts of the game.
wouldn't get your hopes up if i was you :( we can only wish for more survival horror

ToCool74

Veteran Member
i
wouldn't get your hopes up if i was you :( we can only wish for more survival horror

yea I know, as I said earlier, Capcom has made it clear that they want the more action oriented route with this game and even said they want to continue it in the future.

So don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up for a lot of survival horror.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yea I know, as I said earlier, Capcom has made it clear that they want the more action oriented route with this game and even said they want to continue it in the future.

So don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up for a lot of survival horror.
probably the best way to look at it.
i'm quite excited for the leon/tall oaks setting because it will feel like it's back to roots, but i bet that's the shortest segment.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yeah something along the lines of 30 hours for all 3 campaigns. pretty impressive for RE lol, considering back in the day i was speed running ps1 RE in less than 3 hours lol

ToCool74

Veteran Member
i'm quite excited for the leon/tall oaks setting because it will feel like it's back to roots, but i bet that's the shortest segment.

Yea that is the part I am most looking forward to as well.

It does look to be more akin to the Racoon City incident which was pointed out by Leon during the initial trailer.

But I disagree with it being the shortest segment.

Capcom themselves have confirmed that Leon's part of the game in the central part of RE6 and that it should be played first which would lead me to believe that it will definitely not be the shortest.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Yea that is the part I am most looking forward to as well.

It does look to be more akin to the Racoon City incident which was pointed out by Leon during the initial trailer.

But I disagree with it being the shortest segment.

Capcom themselves have confirmed that Leon's part of the game in the central part of RE6 and that it should be played first which would lead me to believe that it will definitely not be the shortest.
the only reason i think it will be the shortest, is because i'm most looking forward to it lol..another example would be MGS2, so looking forward to snakes section, then it's over in like an hour....

ToCool74

Veteran Member
the only reason i think it will be the shortest, is because i'm most looking forward to it lol..another example would be MGS2, so looking forward to snakes section, then it's over in like an hour....

But wasn't Raiden meant to be the central character in the story?

If so it makes since why Snake's part would be the shortest.

Its the same with RE6.

Leon is meant to the be central part of the story while Chris and Jake's part are going to play a big role in it.

I think its a safe bet to assume that Leon's part will not be getting shafted in such a manner.

aintnoscrub

Premium
o
But wasn't Raiden meant to be the central character in the story?

If so it makes since why Snake's part would be the shortest.

Its the same with RE6.

Leon is meant to the be central part of the story while Chris and Jake's part are going to play a big role in it.

I think its a safe bet to assume that Leon's part will not be getting shafted in such a manner.
oh yeah it was meant to be the central story, but being a fan of snake over raiden, i was so hyped for snakes adventure..
that's good news then, hopefully leon's will play out how i hope it does.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, I think it's going to be a great mix of survival horror and survival action...Just my hopes of course, and what it LOOKS like from the trailer, but I'm not 100% sure of course...

I'm psyched it's gonna be so long...I was talking to my girlfriend about it yesterday...She said opening day was a date for us lol...We were gonna play RE6 right when it comes out...Well if the game is really that long then it's gonna be a LONG date lol...

Top Bottom