• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Resident Evil 3 Remake?

Would you like to see a Resident Evil 3 remake?

• Total voters

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Operation Raccoon City wasn't intended to be a remake of either Resident Evil 2 or 3. It was a completely new side game that went back to Raccoon City like so many fans wanted but, at the same time, gave us a co-op action shooter that fans of the newer games wanted. I'm not even sure why the game would be brought up here in the first place; it's completely unrelated.

Raccoon City has been revisited many times but fans wouldn't keep asking for remakes if we were happy with the direction the games were going in now. People ask for remakes to relive the older games in a new way in hopes that it will give us that old feeling back so how many times the city has been revisited shouldn't be an issue.

As for a remake of 2 vs a remake of 3, I wouldn't jump on the "if they make one they have to make the other" bandwagon just yet. Resident Evil 3 has always been treated as a second-rate game, by Capcom and fans, while Resident Evil 2 is the reported pinnacle of the series; the best game ever, etc. Even if they do a remake of the second Resident Evil, I have no illusions to a remake of 3. When Code Veronica came out, Capcom promoted it as the true third installment to the series and fans think so much of it that they're willing to smash it into a remake of 2 despite the two games depicting two different stories that are completely unrelated in every way except the setting.

I would love a Nemesis remake but you won't catch me holding my breath for it either.

ArabPikachu

@Magnolia Grandiflora

Sorry if my bluntness rubbed you the wrong way; I agree that revisiting Raccoon City multiple times shouldn't be a problem but I'm irritated whenever I see somebody treat it as a problem (whenever I see somebody treat it as a problem, I feel they don't add anything good to the discussion).

weskerondope

your contradicting yourself since you are saying they should rape resident evil 3 remake into resident evil 6 camera and completely remove what made the game great, yet now your saying they should give it REmake treatment, whats it gonna be?

ArabPikachu

If BH: Last Escape/Nemesis having its' gameplay based on the original Dino Crisis game (which is ironic because Dino Crisis had its' gameplay based on the RE series) is anything to go by, I'd say giving the original Dino Crisis game a built from the ground up remake treatment would increase the possibility of Capcom giving BH: Last Escape/Nemesis the REmake treatment.

Last edited:

MeeMeeHeart877

I'd love a RE3 remake.(Though I would want a RE2 remake first lol). Definitely use the cameras and controls from later RE games. And being able to move slowly while aiming.

Should stay as the original. These remakes should be just that, remaking the original with today's graphics and features. There's no need to add things to the story -.-. But perhaps showing more of it, like maybe more scenes of Nemesis at different times? But don't add new forms the zombies take on after mutating? Or a new immortal boss following you around, etc.

I'd like to not see random crates or boxes you can destroy all over the game.

I like the idea of an unlockable campaign where you play as Nemesis. Or maybe even Carlos/Nicholai.

One thing I would love to bring back in RE games is RE4's inventory >_>. I mean that alone was kinda fun, organizing and making room for the things you want. :x.

I always found that dead tyrant and troops in the room with the rail cannon interesting, perhaps some explanation or something to show how that all went down, maybe some found footage or something, or part of an unlockable campaign.

I wanna say RE4 weapon customizing feature is always welcome, but then we'd need to find items/gold and stuff? That was a big + for me from RE4 and 5 I suppose, but that might kinda takes away from the seriousness/scariness?

Can we keep storage boxes too?

Good idea.

Maybe there's also an explanation or a cutscene of which how Mikhail got injured. And how he've lost his men.

We should add cutscene menu, that way, whenever we skip one, we go to there and watch it. We should use grenades. The game should have 10 different endings (there's one in Scenario C). In Scenario A (Jill) or Scenario B (Carlos), the character have to decide to make the main (Jill if you play Scenario B) character or second character (Mikhail applies to both scenarios and Carlos if you play Scenario A) escapes and survives. Scenario C is Nicholai's.

Also, in Scenarios A and B, there's also events will happened to any of the two characters (Carlos and Mikhail) if you make a different choice (For example, if you choose to Jump Off, you'll find Mikhail, who is weak and very ill due to dysentery (will be explained in the file called "Platoon's Diary"), laying on the elevator. For Scenario B, Carlos would found him in the Chapel (unless you're playing in One's Man Struggle, cause he'll appear in the Factory's Testing Lab Prison instead). A item called "Emergency Survival Pack" is a important item for almost during the game cause it has food, soap, etc. Keeping the bag at all times will bring positive things (Unlimited supply of First Aid Spray, helping Mikhail survives at the end of the game, etc.), leaving it in the item box (especially if you're playing Real-Survival Mode) will cause extreme consequences (Mikhail dies (causes you to get the Good or Worst ending), etc.).

They should return Real-Survival Mode difficulty from RE1. The other difficulties are listed: Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Veteran, One's Man Struggle (this difficulty will give a very hard challenge to let Mikhail survive), and Professional. From Normal into Real-Survival Mode, you can get the items from beating Nemesis, The Mine Thrower, and new things (with the exception of Very Easy, Easy and One's Man Struggle [He'll be on Caution status, had very low ammo and health, and in Scenario B, Nicholai will capture him by knocking him unconscious and place him in the testing lab in the Factory (he'll still be very ill, but will be in Danger status due to dysentery, so do your best NOT to kill him, either by Nemesis, zombies, or Nicholai.)])

There's a second choice that the player loses the second character. When the time reaches to 30 seconds remaining to finish the game, Mikhail orders the player to leave immediately and finishes off the Nemesis on his own. Pros: You won't have to finish off the monster! Also you get a achievement/trophy on this. Cons: If you let Carlos dies before this, that's the worst moment you're getting. In Scenario B, however, if you arrive at the Chapel, Mikhail will get infected by the virus if you don't finish off the zombie. You won't save Jill if you waste the Vaccine on him, since you only got one. (One Man's Struggle: A cutscene plays and Nicholai kills him, by either by poison gas or shooting him (vary by random)) So, the player got to be extra-careful when you have to protect him.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Hell Yeah, RE3 is my all time favorite. "S.T.A.R.S", anyone? Yeah I hope they remake this and RE2, but I really hope they remove co-op then, don't wanna have co-op in the remakes, should be single player only. You know it'd love Nemesis to have an AI like the Xenomorph from Alien:Isolation. That'd be f*cking awesome. And I don't want them to change the story drastically from the original, a few alterations could be made, but only a few.

Patrick Wilfong

Steve Picks LLC
I think it would be awesome if they permitted game play as nemesis. Like maybe a form of MMO. Let you battle other players or survive with other players. At the very least show what nemesis is doing throughout the whole game!

MeeMeeHeart877

Good idea.

Maybe there's also an explanation or a cutscene of which how Mikhail got injured. And how he've lost his men.

We should add cutscene menu, that way, whenever we skip one, we go to there and watch it. We should use grenades. The game should have 10 different endings (there's one in Scenario C). In Scenario A (Jill) or Scenario B (Carlos), the character have to decide to make the main (Jill if you play Scenario B) character or second character (Mikhail applies to both scenarios and Carlos if you play Scenario A) escapes and survives. Scenario C is Nicholai's.

Also, in Scenarios A and B, there's also events will happened to any of the two characters (Carlos and Mikhail) if you make a different choice (For example, if you choose to Jump Off, you'll find Mikhail, who is weak and very ill due to dysentery (will be explained in the file called "Platoon's Diary"), laying on the elevator. For Scenario B, Carlos would found him in the Chapel (unless you're playing in One's Man Struggle, cause he'll appear in the Factory's Testing Lab Prison instead). A item called "Emergency Survival Pack" is a important item for almost during the game cause it has food, soap, etc. Keeping the bag at all times will bring positive things (Unlimited supply of First Aid Spray, helping Mikhail survives at the end of the game, etc.), leaving it in the item box (especially if you're playing Real-Survival Mode) will cause extreme consequences (Mikhail dies (causes you to get the Good or Worst ending), etc.).

They should return Real-Survival Mode difficulty from RE1. The other difficulties are listed: Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Veteran, One's Man Struggle (this difficulty will give a very hard challenge to let Mikhail survive), and Professional. From Normal into Real-Survival Mode, you can get the items from beating Nemesis, The Mine Thrower, and new things (with the exception of Very Easy, Easy and One's Man Struggle [He'll be on Caution status, had very low ammo and health, and in Scenario B, Nicholai will capture him by knocking him unconscious and place him in the testing lab in the Factory (he'll still be very ill, but will be in Danger status due to dysentery, so do your best NOT to kill him, either by Nemesis, zombies, or Nicholai.)])

There's a second choice that the player loses the second character. When the time reaches to 30 seconds remaining to finish the game, Mikhail orders the player to leave immediately and finishes off the Nemesis on his own. Pros: You won't have to finish off the monster! Also you get a achievement/trophy on this. Cons: If you let Carlos dies before this, that's the worst moment you're getting. In Scenario B, however, if you arrive at the Chapel, Mikhail will get infected by the virus if you don't finish off the zombie. You won't save Jill if you waste the Vaccine on him, since you only got one. (One Man's Struggle: A cutscene plays and Nicholai kills him, by either by poison gas or shooting him (vary by random)) So, the player got to be extra-careful when you have to protect him.

Edit: There's two features: Original and Rewrite.
Original lets you play the original story
Rewrite lets you play the story, with different scenes and ending choices (like in Resident Evil 1)

One Man's Struggle is now At Death's Door. You can unlock this difficulty if you beat Hard mode (You must let Mikhail survive in order to get this mode; Rewrite mode). There's a another difficulty called Two UBCS Members Left (for gamers who is playing on Rewrite mode) Unlock this by completing At Death's Door . This time, Mikhail won't survive: he is killed by the Nemesis (by ripping his head off or implanting him with a tentacle (the game chooses randomly)) The cutscene will be different because also in this difficulty, Mikhail is infected with the T-Virus and lost his weapon.

Character Differences:
In the Rewrite version, all characters (except a few) are remade (ex. Jill's model in this game is in the mix-up between Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Chronicles).

The characters also have different personalities.

Scenario D is Mikhail's, which can be purchased on DLC.

Plot (for Rewrite mode):
To be announced...

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I would love to see an RE3 remake. I have unfortunately never been able to find a copy of Nemesis. I have collected all the games on Game Cube except for this very one! :( I regret it very much and I have heard by many fans that it is one of the best entries in the series!

Shocker

I think it would be great! I only disagree at the part where you commented about RE5 controls... I think they should make it like the first remake...

Completely agree. For the guy looking for the GameCube version it's on Amazon for 22$ used. A new copy will cost you quite a bit.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
A RE 3 remake would be pretty sweet, but it should have the modern gameplay (I love the fixed camera angles in the older games but it´s not the 90s anymore and that´s just outdated for todays standards). Something like the Lost in Nightmares DLC in RE 5 (gameplay-wise).

But I would even prefer if Capcom would combine RE 2 and 3 into ONE game for a remake. the reason for that is that both games take place over the course of a few days. RE 3 begins on September 29th 1998 and once Jill is infected with the T-virus and has to take a break, the plot basically switches to RE 2 with Claire and Leon arriving on September 30th and escaping the city on october 1st (concluding RE 2). the plot then switches back to Jill who is cured by Carlos (or so it seemed) of her T-virus infection and she and Carlos leave the chapel on October 1st and then destroy Nemesis in the Dead Factory on October 2nd. Shortly afterwards Raccoon City is destroyed.

So basically RE 2 and 3 are really one story that takes place from September 29th to October 2nd 1998 and is basically the story of the entire Raccoon City incident from the intital viral outbreak to the citys destruction by the military.

Therefore I would love it if Capcom would combine RE 2 and 3 into a single game with the remake and calling it Resident Evil: Raccoon City or something. I would also love it if they added more stuff into them (as they did with the RE 1 Remake) or give the players the option to also play as Ada and Carlos.

Last edited:

Shocker

My personal favorite and I'd love to see a remake but not sure they can possibly make something that moves the original re3 from its perch.

Unknown

I have a feeling that they are actually making the RE3 remake in tandem with the 2 remake. Assuming they are faithful remakes, it would make sense because of how similar the originals are as well as sharing a few locations.

Last edited:

kalash49

I think, RE3 Remake it's not better idea, the remaster format will be more preferable for this game. Remake will kill game's individuality.

Top Bottom