• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident Evil 3 Jill Valentine trailer (NEW)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Let me be clear about something

I'm not calling either Remake 2 or Remake 3 half assed in the sense that I believe Capcom only put half a effort into them or that they are not good games, I'm calling them "half assed" strictly in the sense that they seems incapable of adding new content without cutting something that should have been adapted from the original game, it just irks me due to them having no issue doing it the right way with Remake 1 which did not cut a single area of content and instead kept it, expanded it, and added new stuff around it. I just do not understand why Capcom seems incapable of cutting content some of us would have loved to see adapted under the guise of expanding other areas of the game, like for instance I hear that the hospital is expanded in the remake 3 but that to me is no excuse to cut a very memorable part of RE3 out such as the Clock Tower since a lot of fans such as myself where really looking forward to playing that area with updated graphics. So to end this little rant I'm always going to hold Capcom to a higher standard on their remakes due to the fantastic job they did with Remake 1 which is why whenever I see them cutting and changing stuff in their new remake I always go back to the remake 1 to point out they got it perfect before so why can't they do that again and I'm not even talking about tank controls and fixed camera but more talking about keeping the core game intact (all areas included) and updating and expanding them and then adding new content (in the case of remake 1 the Trevor storyline and areas) to that to truly make a all encompassing remake that way you don't have fans such as myself letdown by content and story elements you are needlessly cutting because wile I do like the new things they are adding that still does not change my dislike for the things they aren't.

I can respect that perspective. I know I’d be very disappointed if Capcom remakes Code Veronica and doesn’t include the torture chamber location on the island as it is a creepy storyline aspect to the game.

That being said, if I remember correctly, the point of the clock tower was to get the attention of a helicopter (correct me if I’m wrong as it’s been a while- which even then it’s a bit cheesy as there are flair guns for that purpose) and the most shocking part about that area of the game was when Jill thinks she’s escaping and Nemesis puts a rocket launcher to her plans...the remake definitely changes how all of that plays out and to The point where it only makes sense as to why they set up that part the way they did. Though perhaps they could have thrown in the clock tower chiming because it hit a certain hour to set the mood.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I can respect that perspective. I know I’d be very disappointed if Capcom remakes Code Veronica and doesn’t include the torture chamber location on the island as it is a creepy storyline aspect to the game.

That being said, if I remember correctly, the point of the clock tower was to get the attention of a helicopter (correct me if I’m wrong as it’s been a while- which even then it’s a bit cheesy as there are flair guns for that purpose) and the most shocking part about that area of the game was when Jill thinks she’s escaping and Nemesis puts a rocket launcher to her plans...the remake definitely changes how all of that plays out and to The point where it only makes sense as to why they set up that part the way they did. Though perhaps they could have thrown in the clock tower chiming because it hit a certain hour to set the mood.

Sure the Helicopter was the main objective but there was way more to the area than simply getting the helicopter though such as it being its own area full of great scenery, puzzles, and content, I loved the beautiful yet gothic settings of the Clock Tower and the puzzles in it where great and its always been a highlight of my RE3 plays and like others I was really interested in seeing that area on today's hardware. And regarding the changes and it making no sense now thats my point lol! Those changes shouldn't have happened at the expense of a great explorable area being cut and that is one of the main issues I take with these changes.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Sure the Helicopter was the main objective but there was way more to the area than simply getting the helicopter though such as it being its own area full of great scenery, puzzles, and content, I loved the beautiful yet gothic settings of the Clock Tower and the puzzles in it where great and its always been a highlight of my RE3 plays and like others I was really interested in seeing that area on today's hardware. And regarding the changes and it making no sense now thats my point lol! Those changes shouldn't have happened at the expense of a great explorable area being cut and that is one of the main issues I take with these changes.
To be fair, the idea that a city’s clock tower chiming and catching the attention of a helicopter to the point where they think “hey someone must be down there, better land this thing” is silly. Which is likely why that whole part changed.
But perhaps they could have reworked the area another way so as to create more puzzles and scenery.

Roku

|
Damn didn't even see this thread.

I love the new trailer! I saw a lot of what they showed when I was watching leaked footage but it was still amazing to see!

I was not able to view the new Umbrella lab portion of the game though so I'm pretty excited about that. I've heard tell it's bigger than the lab in RE2 but I guess we'll have to wait and see! Hopefully it makes the game longer than the original.

Especially considering Grave Digger is not in the game so those portions were taken out.

For those asking: Yes that's Nemesis. You can even see the body bags still kinda hanging off him. That boss fight was in the leaked footage so it's safe to assume that it's not his final form. It appears he goes through some Birkin-esque evolutions in the game whereas in the original there's Nemesis, rocket launcher, tentacle and final blob. In fact that form reminded me a lot of Birkin's final form (A scenario) in the original RE2.

I know it's kind of a silly question, but did you enjoy what you saw, despite the changes? :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
|

I know it's kind of a silly question, but did you enjoy what you saw, despite the changes? :)
Not silly at all! I personally loved it. I realize that there are a lot of people here who aren't going to like it because they were looking forward to a Remaster sort of remake or even a RE2 remake.

This is not like that. I think they had a lot more freedom because the reception to the original RE3 wasn't necessarily what it was for the other two. I also feel like, with RE3 giving you more space to work with as far as environments and you don't necessarily stay in one place for an overly long time, there weren't as many iconic environments for them to be held to.

With RE1 the Mansion was iconic and so was the guard house/residence. You couldn't really take those away or change them too much. They added the Lisa Trevor areas but they couldn't really do a lot of taking away from the core areas.

With RE2 you had the RPD and the lab area that absolutely needed to be in there. Of course they added the orphanage but to take anything away would have caused an uproar. Not to mention that most of the game was spent in these areas.

With RE3 it's a bit different. There really wasn't anything I would call iconic in RE3, no place you really spent an extended amount of time or that needed to be there except for the hospital. They had more room to play around with the environments and I think they did a wonderful job! I was looking forward to them fleshing out the game and changing things around, making Jill's escape more fitting of her and I think they've done it.

Everyone won't feel that way but I'm not disappointed.

The only thing I'm a little meh about was how Marvin got infected. I've always had a head canon, ever since Outbreak, that Marvin got bit trying to save Rita. I'm a bit upset that didn't happen but I didn't necessarily expect them to stick to Outbreak scenarios either.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
To be fair, the idea that a city’s clock tower chiming and catching the attention of a helicopter to the point where they think “hey someone must be down there, better land this thing” is silly. Which is likely why that whole part changed.
But perhaps they could have reworked the area another way so as to create more puzzles and scenery.

There are A LOT of silly things in the Resident Evil series, the fact that you need to solve a entire puzzle just to get into a lot of the rooms is silly in itself so I hardly see that as a reason to cut a area lol, but whatever, I'm not going to drag this out any longer, I just do not like what they did in removing that area is all, maybe it will be DLC who knows? But for now I'm just going to sit back and wait to see what they do and how the game in its entirety is.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
There are A LOT of silly things in the Resident Evil series, the fact that you need to solve a entire puzzle just to get into a lot of the rooms is silly in itself so I hardly see that as a reason to cut a area lol, but whatever, I'm not going to drag this out any longer, I just do not like what they did in removing that area is all, maybe it will be DLC who knows? But for now I'm just going to sit back and wait to see what they do and how the game in its entirety is.

This is true, which is probably why they have toned back a lot of the puzzles... but I get that puzzles are necessary for video games. I think Capcom is just trying to bring the series on a similar level to that of Naughty Dog with the design, story and gameplay.

Not trying to drag anything out here, just conversating. I see where you’re coming from and we can agree to disagree and still have a conversation.
As a casual gamer, I’m not bothered that they’d rather focus more on the story development and gameplay. Though based on most recent reviews of the game, if it’s really as short as people are saying, then I do wish they added some more locations for the characters to work through.

As you said, we’ll just have to play it ourselves before really forming an opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom