• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident Evil 3 Jill Valentine trailer (NEW)

Turo602

The King of Kings
New trailer just dropped and it seems Jill is now a playable character in Resistance. But holy sh*t, this game looks amazing. They're really upping the story and characterization. I'm honestly surprised at how much this game excites me with every new trailer. Why the f*ck can't they just stick with this kind of style for RE8? It's seriously baffling after RE2 and even more so after this. THIS is Resident Evil.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

New trailer just dropped and it seems Jill is now a playable character in Resistance. But holy sh*t, this game looks amazing. They're really upping the story and characterization. I'm honestly surprised at how much this game excites me with every new trailer. Why the f*ck can't they just stick with this kind of style for RE8? It's seriously baffling after RE2 and even more so after this. THIS is Resident Evil.

Wow it's just amazing, i cannot wait to play this, it could easy be one of the best re ever... And look at that beautiful nemesis there

Glad they add jill in resistance, knowing this they will probably add Carlos too and the other ubcs members , maybe leon and Claire too and probably other re character too... This game is going to be amazing

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Looks outstanding. Ugh I may buy a digital copy so I can get the game when it releases and still keep the physical copy whenever I can pick it up.

Edit:

Also, I can tell I’m gonna love Carlos. Based on the demo and this trailer, I’m already feeling disappointed that we have been Carlosless since RE3. :cry:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Looks outstanding. Ugh I may buy a digital copy so I can get the game when it releases and still keep the physical copy whenever I can pick it up.

Edit:

Also, I can tell I’m gonna love Carlos. Based on the demo and this trailer, I’m already feeling disappointed that we have been Carlosless since RE3. :cry:
I already pre order a digital copy since the phiscal copy will be shipped in may in my country :(

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I saw Marvin in there!

And also - Was the Nemesis at the end??? It had a similar face, but a beast like body? Super creepy if yes or no. haha.

This is the best trailer so far. So many more things to see. I will probably spend my next bathroom break watching a detailed breakdown of each scene by some RE Youtuber. Residence of Evil or Biohazard Declassified maybe. WOW.

Roku

I already pre order a digital copy since the phiscal copy will be shipped in may in my country :(

Done the same for the same reasons, are you Italian as well???

I'm kinda bummed because I really wanted to buy the physical copy (I'm OK with digital games, but this game in particular means a lot to me). :(

D

Deleted member 21244

Done the same for the same reasons, are you Italian as well???

I'm kinda bummed because I really wanted to buy the physical copy (I'm OK with digital games, but this game in particular means a lot to me). :(
Yeah I'm Italian, fortunately i manage to get a collector's edition from Japan and will be delivered after april 3, i was going to buy a standard edition to play and t bugged me to not have the phisical since I'm a collectors, but due to the situation i decide to get the digital to play the game day one... Actually i don't really care about the physical now, it only matter that this virus situation get better

Roku

Yeah I'm Italian, fortunately i manage to get a collector's edition from Japan and will be delivered after april 3, i was going to buy a standard edition to play and t bugged me to not have the phisical since I'm a collectors, but due to the situation i decide to get the digital to play the game day one... Actually i don't really care about the physical now, it only matter that this virus situation get better

I'm planning to get a physical copy down the road, but I've bought the digital one to be able to play it on day one as well.

And of course I agree, our (the world's) situation needs to get better, that's definitely top priority, it's just nice to have something else (something nice) to keep our mind busy and distract ourself with for a little bit, I feel like I would go insane otherwise.

This said, hope you all are doing fine!
Buona fortuna!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I saw Marvin in there!

And also - Was the Nemesis at the end??? It had a similar face, but a beast like body? Super creepy if yes or no. haha.

This is the best trailer so far. So many more things to see. I will probably spend my next bathroom break watching a detailed breakdown of each scene by some RE Youtuber. Residence of Evil or Biohazard Declassified maybe. WOW.

I thought the thing at the end looked like a new “final form” of Nemmie as well.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm planning to get a physical copy down the road, but I've bought the digital one to be able to play it on day one as well.

And of course I agree, our (the world's) situation needs to get better, that's definitely top priority, it's just nice to have something else (something nice) to keep our mind busy and distract ourself with for a little bit, I feel like I would go insane otherwise.

This said, hope you all are doing fine!
Buona fortuna!
Yeah, it's 15 days that I'm closed in my house, whitout some distraction i will go crazy

@UniqTeas yeah that's definitely nemesis, maybe he had more transformation than the original game or maybe it's a redesign of the second form since it's look like Jill his battling him in front of the clock tower were the second form first happeared in the original game
Also this new form remind me of a fish, maybe there will be some amazing wather battle

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Good. I am glad they are changing Nemesis' final forms. It's like they've read my posts on this website about it --- or they realized they made a mistake in the original RE3.

The final fight with Nemesis in the original is garbage. His final form is muscular blob that can't do much to hurt you. This new form looks creepy and powerful. Maybe he will still become a blob afterwards, but hopefully it'll be in like a William Birkin last ditch attempt to murder. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

Good. I am glad they are changing Nemesis' final forms. It's like they've read my posts on this website about it --- or they realized they made a mistake in the original RE3.

The final fight with Nemesis in the original is garbage. His final form is muscular blob that can't do much to hurt you. This new form looks creepy and powerful. Maybe he will still become a blob afterwards, but hopefully it'll be in like a William Birkin last ditch attempt to murder. haha
I did like nemesis final form, but you are right the battle was pretty lame since he dosent hurt you in any way especially if you stay on distance

I think it was right to have nemesis be some sort of blob in thr end since the tyrant body was destroyed but the parasite did survive... I'm curios to see how will they handle it in the remake

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Damn didn't even see this thread.

I love the new trailer! I saw a lot of what they showed when I was watching leaked footage but it was still amazing to see!

I was not able to view the new Umbrella lab portion of the game though so I'm pretty excited about that. I've heard tell it's bigger than the lab in RE2 but I guess we'll have to wait and see! Hopefully it makes the game longer than the original.

Especially considering Grave Digger is not in the game so those portions were taken out.

For those asking: Yes that's Nemesis. You can even see the body bags still kinda hanging off him. That boss fight was in the leaked footage so it's safe to assume that it's not his final form. It appears he goes through some Birkin-esque evolutions in the game whereas in the original there's Nemesis, rocket launcher, tentacle and final blob. In fact that form reminded me a lot of Birkin's final form (A scenario) in the original RE2.

D

Deleted member 21244

@Magnolia Grandiflora Not really a spoiler but
in the demo, in the control panel room, next to the door where you take the fire hose , you can see a great panel whit all the destinations for the train the clock tower is a destination for the train as well as the park, and in the last trailer jill is fighting nemesis second form in front of the clock towers, so obvious that the clock tower will be in the game one way or another, so don't lose hope, i think all the original location will be in the remake

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 I've watched most of the game remember?

I can confirm that grave digger isn't in any portion that I've seen and I think the only thing I'm missing is the rest of the hospital and the lab portion.

There was a small time skip in one of the videos when they're still in the city, however it's also been confirmed on a French fan forum that grave digger doesn't make an appearance.

Also, the only time I saw the clock tower was during a Nemesis boss fight. You fight in front of it but don't go in it.

Just a heads up for people who don't want spoilers: Be cautious on YouTube! The ending was uploaded 18 hours ago and hasn't been removed yet. (And yes, I've watched it. If you have any questions, send me a message.)

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
@Albertwesker959 I've watched most of the game remember?

I can confirm that grave digger isn't in any portion that I've seen and I think the only thing I'm missing is the rest of the hospital and the lab portion.

There was a small time skip in one of the videos when they're still in the city, however it's also been confirmed on a French fan forum that grave digger doesn't make an appearance.

Also, the only time I saw the clock tower was during a Nemesis boss fight. You fight in front of it but don't go in it.

Just a heads up for people who don't want spoilers: Be cautious on YouTube! The ending was uploaded 18 hours ago and hasn't been removed yet. (And yes, I've watched it. If you have any questions, send me a message.)

If its true that the Clock Tower was cut than my hopes for the game has dropped dramatically due to my fear being true that like RE2 remake Capcom made the weird decision to cut content from established parts of the game rather than expanding on them, I'm honestly baffled at why Capcom finds it so hard to keep the base game in tact for a remake and expand on it and add new things around it, they where able to do this perfectly with Remake 1 but suddenly these new remakes are incapable of properly adapting all the content without cutting some? It just so crazy, this doesn't completely no sell me on the game and I'm still going to play it but as someone who actually very much liked the Clock Tower part of RE3 this news of Capcom half assing it yet again with a remake is a downer.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I do have one comment about the ending so don’t read this spoiler if you’re not interested.

I was a bit disappointed that Barry doesn’t make an appearance at the end of R3make but I also get that it could convolute the story taking place with Carlos and Jill.
I hope that this change makes them change a bit with Code Veronica, if they ever retell that game’s story. Perhaps Barry can be used to help get Chris to the island. I just want a Barry and Chris team up y’all. It’s just an exciting thought I had in regards to the change...

Maybe I’m coming from a different place as a fan because the original RE2 and RE3 games were my least played games in the entire series. But I don’t mind these changes and I definitely would not call REmake2 or R3make half assed. This is some of Capcom’s greatest work and I totally love the reimagined stories being told because they amp up the dialogue and character developments and still feature beautiful locations and tense gameplay.

It makes sense to me now as to why Capcom was considering doing a remake of the REmake. I played through the REmake fairly recently and while it is beautifully crafted with added storylines like Lisa Trevor, I personally wanted to see more character personalities and interactions which is something that these newer remakes are playing up on.

My one and only question is... what happened to Jill’s dog?! :wink:

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I do have one comment about the ending so don’t read this spoiler if you’re not interested.

I was a bit disappointed that Barry doesn’t make an appearance at the end of R3make but I also get that it could convolute the story taking place with Carlos and Jill.
I hope that this change makes them change a bit with Code Veronica, if they ever retell that game’s story. Perhaps Barry can be used to help get Chris to the island. Just an exciting thought I had in regards to that...

Maybe I’m coming from a different place as a fan because the original RE2 and RE3 games were my least played games in the entire series. But I don’t mind these changes and I definitely would not call REmake2 or R3make half assed. This is some of Capcom’s best work and I totally love the reimagined stories being told as they have completely amped up the dialogue and character developments now along with still designing beautiful locations and tense gameplay.
It makes sense to me now as to why Capcom was considering doing a remake of the REmake. I played through the REmake fairly recently and while it is beautifully crafted with added storylines like Lisa Trevor, I personally wanted to see more character personalities and interactions which is something that these newer remakes are playing up on.

My one and only question is... what happened to Jill’s dog?! :wink:

Let me be clear about something

I'm not calling either Remake 2 or Remake 3 half assed in the sense that I believe Capcom only put half a effort into them or that they are not good games, I'm calling them "half assed" strictly in the sense that they seems incapable of adding new content without cutting something that should have been adapted from the original game, it just irks me due to them having no issue doing it the right way with Remake 1 which did not cut a single area of content and instead kept it, expanded it, and added new stuff around it. I just do not understand why Capcom seems incapable of cutting content some of us would have loved to see adapted under the guise of expanding other areas of the game, like for instance I hear that the hospital is expanded in the remake 3 but that to me is no excuse to cut a very memorable part of RE3 out such as the Clock Tower since a lot of fans such as myself where really looking forward to playing that area with updated graphics. So to end this little rant I'm always going to hold Capcom to a higher standard on their remakes due to the fantastic job they did with Remake 1 which is why whenever I see them cutting and changing stuff in their new remake I always go back to the remake 1 to point out they got it perfect before so why can't they do that again and I'm not even talking about tank controls and fixed camera but more talking about keeping the core game intact (all areas included) and updating and expanding them and then adding new content (in the case of remake 1 the Trevor storyline and areas) to that to truly make a all encompassing remake that way you don't have fans such as myself letdown by content and story elements you are needlessly cutting because wile I do like the new things they are adding that still does not change my dislike for the things they aren't.

Top Bottom