• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Resident Evil 2: REmake

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Silverfern;98887 said:
Yeah I know, but not in stores.

Yea i can understand where your coming from.
It took me a while to be able to get a copy of it for the Nintendo Wii since most stores where sold out.
I finally lucked up one day and Gamestop had a used copy.

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
ToCool74;99196 said:
Yea i can understand where your coming from.
It took me a while to be able to get a copy of it for the Nintendo Wii since most stores where sold out.
I finally lucked up one day and Gamestop had a used copy.

Oh aye?
lucky for you.

Anthony111

I would LOVE to see a remake of this game but sadly, I cant see capcom remaking this game now. I guessed they would remake it after 5 when the talks about what to do next was happening in 2009. the darkside chronicles was possibly the closest thing we would get UNLESS in the future on a new console or something.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Anthony111;100851 said:
I would LOVE to see a remake of this game but sadly, I cant see capcom remaking this game now. I guessed they would remake it after 5 when the talks about what to do next was happening in 2009. the darkside chronicles was possibly the closest thing we would get UNLESS in the future on a new console or something.

I see no reason why Capcom would not want to make it.

I also can't see any reason how they would be unable to at this point.

Capcom has ALWAYS been about money first and everything else second and trust me Capcom knows that a Remake of one of the greatest RE titles such as RE2 will definetly rake in some serious cash.

You make it sound as if Capcom is running out of time or something lol
Why would they have to wait for newer consoles to arrive when they can already release it on systems like Wii,360,PS3,and PC.

Anthony111

ToCool74;100855 said:
I see no reason why Capcom would not want to make it.

I also can't see any reason how they would be unable to at this point.

Capcom has ALWAYS been about money first and everything else second and trust me Capcom knows that a Remake of one of the greatest RE titles such as RE2 will definetly rake in some serious cash.

You make it sound as if Capcom is running out of time or something lol
Why would they have to wait for newer consoles to arrive when they can already release it on systems like Wii,360,PS3,and PC.

I guess its because of the darkside chronicles and everything is quiet at the moment with what is going on. Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to see a remake of a console of today. There is hope.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Anthony111;100856 said:
I guess its because of the darkside chronicles and everything is quiet at the moment with what is going on. Dont get me wrong, I would LOVE to see a remake of a console of today. There is hope.

everything isn't neccesarily "quiet" at the moment.

We have Resident Evil Mercenaries 3d and Resident Evil Revelations announced and confirmed fot this year. I'm pretty positive that once those 2 are released or right before those 2 are released Capcom will announce something for the consoles.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
I would LOVE to see the RE2 remade!!! I read both your ideas, and I loved them both! it's something I'd play (obviously) lol!

ToCool74;100859 said:
everything isn't neccesarily "quiet" at the moment.

We have Resident Evil Mercenaries 3d and Resident Evil Revelations announced and confirmed fot this year. I'm pretty positive that once those 2 are released or right before those 2 are released Capcom will announce something for the consoles.

Agreed and eagerly anticipated! :)

I love the above idea of a RE2make, but deep down I know that Capcom is looking forward and not back - and not that this implies bad things. I love the look of Revelations and hope that whatever console release RE6 is done, that it's done with the same kind of atmosphere and pacing.

Even still... imagine some of the best scenes in RE2 - now imagine them remastered for HD! The Tyrant battle when he climbs from the molten pool, or the final fight with William Birkin would be amazing!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I honestly can see them doing it...remaking both RE2 and RE3 under the "Archives" series...it worked well enough...i have both Archives games, and can deffinetly see them doing this as something to keep fans occupied...especially because since its a REmake not a REbirth they wouldnt have to change a whole lot and it could be put out relativley quickly...but now for the important question...WOULD LEON STILK KEEP HIS SIGNITURE HAIR!?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
If it were done right, I would love it. I do feel that Capcom would be lazy with it though, using UC and others as examples.

I mean, it might not be a big deal to some, but I really do despise seeing Leon wearing that knife holster on his chest with his RPD uniform....he didn't have that in RE2. Realistically, the only two characters that used the knife holster on their chest like that were Chris & Claire, it was a Redfield tradition I guess....and I bet Leon was supposed to have gotten the idea to do so in RE4, from Claire in Raccoon in RE2.

It's just a little thing that I find really annoying. It would pretty much be the same with everything else, Ada having all the tactical gear, gun holsters, etc, instead of looking like a civillian, only because Capcom would rather reuse her basically remade RE2 version from RE4 Mercs, instead of starting from scratch.

And there's more where that came from.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Idk, i mean the Chronicles series i thought was really good...all it was supposed to do was fill in gaps and give us a synopsis for new players...as well as fan favorites...i don't think it was lazyness as much as doing something esier and faster for the fans...i DO believe the Chronicles are "for the fans"...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Idk, i mean the Chronicles series i thought was really good...all it was supposed to do was fill in gaps and give us a synopsis for new players...as well as fan favorites...i don't think it was lazyness as much as doing something esier and faster for the fans...i DO believe the Chronicles are "for the fans"...

The laziness is not in the new storyline stuff. Filling in gaps, etc.

The lazy stuff was in the character creation. From half assing a good portion of the cast in UC, mainly the main characters that already had great voice actors, to reusing gameplay models that weren't very fitting, simply because they though, and are apparently right, that most wouldn't care.

I know I'm a little overly picky and all, but I'm not the only one that noticed and was bugged by that. I mean, even another user here mentioned not liking how they reused the RE1 mansion in the CVX section of DSC. Why not use the Spencer Mansion from the REmake...? Lazy.

Like I said, not everything, but enough to where it's worth mentioning.:) The music was great, story, terrific, although it ruined certain ones, like RE3. The new stuff is what is worth mentioning though, the great stuff. The extra stuff from the games we already know, as well as the newer missions, TALOS and Javier.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The laziness is not in the new storyline stuff. Filling in gaps, etc.

The lazy stuff was in the character creation. From half assing a good portion of the cast in UC, mainly the main characters that already had great voice actors, to reusing gameplay models that weren't very fitting, simply because they though, and are apparently right, that most wouldn't care.

I know I'm a little overly picky and all, but I'm not the only one that noticed and was bugged by that. I mean, even another user here mentioned not liking how they reused the RE1 mansion in the CVX section of DSC. Why not use the Spencer Mansion from the REmake...? Lazy.

Like I said, not everything, but enough to where it's worth mentioning.:) The music was great, story, terrific, although it ruined certain ones, like RE3. The new stuff is what is worth mentioning though, the great stuff. The extra stuff from the games we already know, as well as the newer missions, TALOS and Javier.
The only thing that i can say honestly got on my nerves location wise was the police station layout...as far as UC goes in the city part of Racoon, i actually perfer the Outbreak style they used because it seemed more expansive...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The only thing that i can say honestly got on my nerves location wise was the police station layout...as far as UC goes in the city part of Racoon, i actually perfer the Outbreak style they used because it seemed more expansive...

RE3's Raccoon City was pretty bad, which is why I kind of like the idea of them using Outbreak's levels...

The PD in the Chronicles games was great. The same as the one from RE2, just remade and all. The environments again, weren't an issue with me. It was the characters. Possibly the most important thing in the series.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
RE3's Raccoon City was pretty bad, which is why I kind of like the idea of them using Outbreak's levels...

The PD in the Chronicles games was great. The same as the one from RE2, just remade and all. The environments again, weren't an issue with me. It was the characters. Possibly the most important thing in the series.
Aside from they way they loooked i don't see much a difference...aside from other obvious ones like Carlos' voice...

Top Bottom