• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Resident Evil 2: REmake

GrandMasterTrea

Hello folks, this is my first thread here, and i decided to start strong. I have created my idea for a RE2 Remake, Not Rebirth. So yes, it will be Classic RE2, with fancy graphics.
:lol:

This is NOT Complete, and open to suggestions! Thanks!

Chris Redfield {Beat Claire A with a B ranking}
Ada Wong {Beat Leon A with a B ranking}
Tofu {Beat both Claire A and Claire B with a B ranking}
HUNK {Complete the 4th survivor with a B ranking}
Jill Valentine {Complete Claire A or Claire B, using Chris with a B ranking}
Albert Wesker {Complete Leon A or Leon B, using Ada with a B ranking}

Extra Costumes
Leon: RE4 Jacket, RE4 Mafia Suit
Claire: STARS, Black Biker, CV
Chris: CV, BSAA {Default is STARS}
Ada: Deaths Door, Combat Jacket {RE4} {Regular is her costume from the game}
HUNK: Pink suit {Regular is Black suit}
Jill: STARS, RE5 Battlesuit, RE5 BSAA {Regular is RE3 costume}
Wesker: STARS, RE5 Midnight, CV Suit {Regular is his RE4 jacket}

How to unlock
Leon, Jacket :Complete Leon A, with a B ranking
Leon, Mafia: Complete Leon B, with a B ranking
Claire, STARS: Complete Claire A, with a B ranking
Claire, CV: Complete Claire B, with a B ranking
Chris, CV: Complete a Claire Scenario, in CV suit.
Chris, BSAA: Complete a scenario as Jill.
Ada, Deaths Door: View the Scene where Ada falls, as Ada.
Ada, Jacket:
HUNK, Pink Suit: Complete the 4th Survivor with a D Rank
Jill, Stars: Complete an A scenario, as Chris with a B rank
Jill, RE5 Battlesuit: Complete a B scenario as Wesker with a B rank
Jill, BSAA: Complete a B scenario with Chris, and an A scenario with Wesker.
Wesker, STARS: Complete a Claire Scenario as Jill, after unlocking STARS for her.
Wesker, RE5Midnight: Complete a Leon Scenario as Chris, after unlocking CV for him.
Wesker, CV: Complete any Scenario as Wesker, after unlocking STARS, and Midnight.

Character Exclusives
Everyone gets a special Weapon, or Perk.

Chris: Machete, Knife which does 2x the damage as a normal knife.
Ada: Hookshot, grapple a zombie to the floor. 0 damage.
HUNK: Machine gun.
Jill: Dual Handguns
Wesker: Samurai Edge
Leon Mafia: Thompson MG
Claire CV: Golden Lugers

New Controls {X360/PS3}

Walk: Movement Stick/Left Stick
Run: Hold LT/L2
Ready Weapon: RT/R2
Fire: A/X
Knife: Camera Stick/Right Stick, Press up, down, or foraward to indicate direction
Open Inventory: Y/Triangle
Examine: A/X
Quick Turn, 180: Click Movement Stick/Left Stick
Change Target, while aiming: B/Circle
Reload: X/Square
Pause/Options: Start/Start
Skip Scene: Back/Select
Map: Back/Select
Dodge: B/Cicle at the right time
Quick item select: D-pad/D-pad

New Features

Inventory spaces, every character has a set number.

Leon: 6
Claire: 6
Chris: 6
Ada: 5
Tofu: 4
HUNK: 6
Jill: 6
Wesker: 8

The grid in which characters use, is the RE5 grid. However, the middle slot is for healing items, which you can place one in, to heal yourself instantly at any time by pressing RB/R1. All characters have the up, down, left and right slots. Extra slots are added around that to make up to 8 slots. Everyone can equip the backpack, which adds another 2 slots. Wesker cannot go above 8 slots.

Dodge, the Resident Evil 3: Nemesis dodge ability.

Quick Knife, use the Camera/Right stick to knife, up, forward, or down.

Health: Will now be displayed in the Bottom right. The design is the same as RE1-RE3, a box, that indicates your current Life. However, now Ammo is displayed right next to it. As well as your total ammo count for that weapon. If you have a fully loaded 15 clip handgun, and 15 ammo in your inventory, it will read 15/50.

Herb Values
Green: Plus 30% Life
Green+Green: Plus 70% Life
Green+Green+Green: 100% Heal. Removes poison.
Green+Red: Plus 100% Life
Green+Blue: Plus 40% Life, Removes poison.
Blue: Removes poison.
Blue+Blue: Removes poison, and gives 5 minute immunity to poison.
Blue+Red: Removes poison, gives 7 minute immunity to poison.
Green+Red+Blue: 100% Heal, Removes poison. Gives 3 minute immunity to poison.

Difficulties:

Easy: Zombies do 75% Damage, Players do 125% and Herbs heal and extra 10%.
Normal: Zombies do 100% damage, so do players.
Hard: Zombies do 125% damage, players do 75% damage. Herbs effects are derived 10%.
1/3 of Ammo is removed. 1 Tenth/3 herbs are removed.
Professional: Zombies do 150% damage, players do 50% damage. Chance of being poison is 2x.
Zombies now have a 1/5 chance to drop ammo for the gun they were killed with. 1/3 of Herbs are removed.
Casual: Zombies do 50% damage, players do 150% damage. Chance of being poisoned is half.
Zombies have a 1/3 chance to drop ammo for a random gun.

Easy, Normal and Hard are available from the beginning. Beat Hard to unlock Professional.
Beating Professional, unlocks Casual, which is good for relaxed runs. Casual cannot unlock prizes.

Ammo Drop amounts and percents

Handgun: 5, 75% Chance
Shotgun: 2, 20% Chance
Magnum: 1, 5% Chance

Rankings
Rankings are based upon:

Time:
FAS's used:
Special Weapons used:
Saves:

Ranks

A
Under 3:30 Hours
FAS's used: 0
No SW's used
1 Save

B
Under 5 Hours
FAS's used: 1
No SW's used

C
Under 7 Hours
FAS's used: 5

D
Under 9 Hours
FAS's used: 6+
2+
11+

S
Under 2 Hours
FAS's used: 0
None used

Bonus Weapons {New}

Desert Eagle {Magnum} Powerful. Infinite
Complete Leon A and Leon B with an A rank, or beat either with an S rank.

AK-47 {Machine Gun} Powerful. Infinite
Complete Claire A and Claire B with an A rank, or beat either with an S rank.

The 5th Survivor
Mini-game as Ada, rip from UC.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Achievements/Trophies

The 1st Survivor
Complete Leon both Leon A and Leon B Stories

The 2nd Survivor
Complete Claire A and Claire B Stories.

The 4th Survivor
Complete H.U.N.K's minigame.

Brains
Get 100 Headshots

Clusterluck
Get a triple headshot

Survival Expert
Kill 25 zombies with the knife

Resident of Evil
Complete Leon A, Leon B, Claire A, and Claire B with an “A” Rank

Weapon Master
Collect every weapon

When life gives you a handgun....
Complete any mode using only handguns.

Cramped Space
Get 100 kills with Shotguns

The World revolves around....
Get 50 kills with Magnums

Gatlin!
Get 75 kills with the Gatling Gun

So, how did you...?
View both Ada “Death” scenes

The 5th Survivor
Complete “The 5th Survivor”

Down! Doggy
Kill a Cerberus as it as jumping at you.

Licky!
Kill 10 Lickers

Kill it, without my help.
Kill the Final boss WITHOUT a Rocket Launcher.

Fashion Mad
Unlock all costumes

It's just like crack
Get every other achievement

What do you think?

Popo

that's a pretty awesome idea there, except for the controls, i prefer the old school ps1 RE controls, but the rest is just awesome, you should work for capcom lol

Torque

Those are same great ideas there!

They should just individually remake RE2 and RE3 with the same gameplay style of REmake. Darkside Chronicles just won't cut it for me, and i'm sure for many others.

But, if they were to make a new game, it would take a very long time before we actually saw a release or even a demo of the game if it were to be made, as RE6 would be in the works.

Only time will tell whether or not we get what we want :/

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
iSmooshU;57992 said:
Those are same great ideas there!

They should just individually remake RE2 and RE3 with the same gameplay style of REmake. Darkside Chronicles just won't cut it for me, and i'm sure for many others.

I agree ^__^

REmakes would be SO creepy, railshooters won't be enough

tequila

Bottle Lover
That would be awesome! But for what systems? I say they should stick the remakes to all game systems. Those ideas sound really nice. They don't really need to change the whole plot and everything, just like add more rooms, and better enemies. But I def agree he should work for capcom. ;)

Tyrant

I like this idea and the whole concept i see a few flaws though like how many character you can play as if you beat the game. The whole Chris/Jill and Wesker thing should just be extra costumes to use if u beat the game along with maybe a few other signature ones they originally had because i dont think Capcom would let you play the game from abunch of other different persepectives

Popo

it should be released for the three last generation consoles, PS3, XBOX360 and Wii

residentevilfan1994

They should combine RE2 and RE3 into one mega remake. Make there be two scenarios.

One of them can be with the main character as Carlos. You follow the same story of the first half of RE3, but from Carlos' perspective. Then, when Jill goes into her little coma thing, Carlos goes to the hospital to make the cure, but the doors are blocked by a huge car crash in front of the entrance. He runs around the other side of the hospital, to find that the back entrance is locked. He wonders if the RPD would have a key. He then gets a distress signal from Claire in the RPD STARS office. He ponders whether or not he should go, then decides that he has to because it's his job and he may be able to find a key. So, he finds a way to the RPD, maybe through the sewer system. He enters the RPD and finds Claire and Leon, who are now searching for Sherry. He tries to help them, but then remembers that he must help Jill. Claire and Leon try to talk Carlos into joining them and working together, but Carlos tells them to escape and that he must finish something before he makes his escape. He then searches the STARS office and finds a cabinet that has keys of all the major building in Raccoon City. He grabs the hospital key and escapes the RPD. He meets Ada and tries to persuade her to come with him. She arrogantly says that she can handle herself, when suddenly the Tyrant T-103 attacks them. They fight the T-103,R but do not kill it. They hurt it enough to escape. Ada then runs off into the RPD. He travels back to the hospital and does the whole thing with finding a cure. He cures Jill. Jill wakes up and the rest of the game is now co-op, similar to RE5 with Jill being controlled by AI. They defeat Nemesis and escape in a helicopter flown by Barry just before the city is nuked. This is the end of his scenario.

The other scenario is with Ada as the main character. The game would start with her being dropped off by a helicopter on top of Raccoon High School. She travels her way through the school, fighting off zombies and other monsters. She travels through the city, trying to get to the RPD. She meets Sherry in the middle of the city, who is also trying to get to the RPD because her mom told her to go there for safety. The next portion of the game is co-op like in RE4 where Leon must help Ashley. Ada must help Sherry get to the RDP safely. On the way there, a monster attacks and separates Ada and Sherry. Sherry runs ahead to the RPD. Ada is chased way off track until she finally kills the monster. She then finds her way to the RPD and finds Carlos on his way out. Carlos tries to get her to join him, but she refuses. Then, the Tyrant T-103R attacks them. They fight it enough to allow them to escape. Carlos runs off. Ada escapes to the RPD. The rest of RE2 occurs, but from Ada's point of view. She then makes her way to the Apple Inn. A cutscene occurs with her at the Apple Inn with Wesker. She gets the hookshot and travels to the highway and fights the Tyrant T-0400. After killing it, she escapes on the Umbrella helicopter, nearly escaping a hunter. This is the end of her scenario.

This will keep the stories fresh, new, thrilling, and exciting while still keeping the original stories of RE2 and RE3 the same with some added twists such as Carlos having to go the whole way back to the RPD just to get into the hospital, Carlos meeting Claire and Leon, Carlos and Ada fighting the Tyrant T-103R together and Ada helping Sherry get to the RPD.

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
residentevilfan1994;98633 said:
They should combine RE2 and RE3 into one mega remake. Make there be two scenarios.

One of them can be with the main character as Carlos. You follow the same story of the first half of RE3, but from Carlos' perspective. Then, when Jill goes into her little coma thing, Carlos goes to the hospital to make the cure, but the doors are blocked by a huge car crash in front of the entrance. He runs around the other side of the hospital, to find that the back entrance is locked. He wonders if the RPD would have a key. He then gets a distress signal from Claire in the RPD STARS office. He ponders whether or not he should go, then decides that he has to because it's his job and he may be able to find a key. So, he finds a way to the RPD, maybe through the sewer system. He enters the RPD and finds Claire and Leon, who are now searching for Sherry. He tries to help them, but then remembers that he must help Jill. Claire and Leon try to talk Carlos into joining them and working together, but Carlos tells them to escape and that he must finish something before he makes his escape. He then searches the STARS office and finds a cabinet that has keys of all the major building in Raccoon City. He grabs the hospital key and escapes the RPD. He meets Ada and tries to persuade her to come with him. She arrogantly says that she can handle herself, when suddenly the Tyrant T-103 attacks them. They fight the T-103,R but do not kill it. They hurt it enough to escape. Ada then runs off into the RPD. He travels back to the hospital and does the whole thing with finding a cure. He cures Jill. Jill wakes up and the rest of the game is now co-op, similar to RE5 with Jill being controlled by AI. They defeat Nemesis and escape in a helicopter flown by Barry just before the city is nuked. This is the end of his scenario.

The other scenario is with Ada as the main character. The game would start with her being dropped off by a helicopter on top of Raccoon High School. She travels her way through the school, fighting off zombies and other monsters. She travels through the city, trying to get to the RPD. She meets Sherry in the middle of the city, who is also trying to get to the RPD because her mom told her to go there for safety. The next portion of the game is co-op like in RE4 where Leon must help Ashley. Ada must help Sherry get to the RDP safely. On the way there, a monster attacks and separates Ada and Sherry. Sherry runs ahead to the RPD. Ada is chased way off track until she finally kills the monster. She then finds her way to the RPD and finds Carlos on his way out. Carlos tries to get her to join him, but she refuses. Then, the Tyrant T-103R attacks them. They fight it enough to allow them to escape. Carlos runs off. Ada escapes to the RPD. The rest of RE2 occurs, but from Ada's point of view. She then makes her way to the Apple Inn. A cutscene occurs with her at the Apple Inn with Wesker. She gets the hookshot and travels to the highway and fights the Tyrant T-0400. After killing it, she escapes on the Umbrella helicopter, nearly escaping a hunter. This is the end of her scenario.

This will keep the stories fresh, new, thrilling, and exciting while still keeping the original stories of RE2 and RE3 the same with some added twists such as Carlos having to go the whole way back to the RPD just to get into the hospital, Carlos meeting Claire and Leon, Carlos and Ada fighting the Tyrant T-103R together and Ada helping Sherry get to the RPD.

That!!... would be good or I say.... THE GREATEST idea ever too.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
wolfgirl;57974 said:
Nice idea :D they really should do REmakes for RE2 and RE3

Agreed, they are classic games. I would totally buy the REmake trilogy.

residentevilfan1994

Silverfern;98638 said:
That!!... would be good or I say.... THE GREATEST idea ever too.

Haha! Thanks! I had always wanted RE2 and RE3 to be connected by its stories, not just its location. This does it perfectly. I don't think that just enhancing the graphics and adding rooms would be enough. Look at the RE1 remake...they added a whole new subplot with Lisa Trevor and all, among the new graphics and stuff. :)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
wow you layed out a pretty cool summary there lol.

congratz!

i'd love to see a RE2 remake with most of the ideas you layed out

Silverfern

residentevilfan1994;98656 said:
Haha! Thanks! I had always wanted RE2 and RE3 to be connected by its stories, not just its location. This does it perfectly. I don't think that just enhancing the graphics and adding rooms would be enough. Look at the RE1 remake...they added a whole new subplot with Lisa Trevor and all, among the new graphics and stuff. :)

I havnt played the remake of Re 1 because they dont have any other gamecubes over here anymore, (Stink :verymad:) but Ive seen previews on youtube of it and yeah the graphics looks pretty good.

yeah thats good 2 and 3 together, or RE2 itself or RE3 that would be great, If they can do it for xbox and ps3.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Silverfern;98744 said:
I havnt played the remake of Re 1 because they dont have any other gamecubes over here anymore, (Stink :verymad:) .

we'll they do have Nintendo Wiis and Resident Evil Remake was ported to the Wii under the name Resident Evil Archives

Silverfern

ToCool74;98873 said:
Resident Evil Remake was ported to the Wii under the name Resident Evil Archives

Yeah I know, but not in stores. so the best thing I can get it is ebay or trademe.

Top Bottom