• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 HD Remaster (Official Topic)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I still think they are doing this for the nostalgia blinded fanboys, but whatever, right? That's how you feel, because you don't get it, but at the end of the day, you're still a consumer or a customer of a company as I am. If Capcom made a Resident Evil soccer game with the Tyrant as one of the goalies, I'm sure you'd still eat it up. But hey. That's just my opinion, once again. No need to get worked up...

You're the one bashing other people and calling them stupid. Calling us losers, morons, and other things? Really? How dare you?

Last edited:

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm genuinely into this on all fronts. Enough that I came back here after, like, two years to say so.

Cure Zombrex

Hey, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But it's beyond a joke at this point. People have been wanting to see this franchise get better and it's not getting any better because, once again, fanboys aren't clamouring for real Resident Evil products anymore. This remake is faithless. I'm not bothered what anyone says. They're the ones killing the very series they love by supporting Capcom's crap.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Is this about the over-the-shoulder camera? Because other than that and the revised character models, I don't think we've actually seen enough of the remake to say it's faithless or a flop yet. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but jumping to conclusions after roughly three minutes of footage and insulting others for not sharing the same views is a little extreme, don't you think?

I didn't buy RE7, nor am I planning to, because I dislike pretty much everything I've seen of it, but if others enjoy it, good for them. If the new games are so horrible to you, I advise you to do the same: Just don't play the ones you don't like. No reason to insult anyone, because the only person you're making look bad is yourself.

Cure Zombrex

And what are you reporting me for, exactly? Nobody likes a tattle-tale either. Besides, you're the one who started it. Calling me out because you don't like it when a true fan says that those money grabbers over at Capcom have been churning this crap out of their buttholes for years now, and that's why such people are enabling Capcom to screw up the franchise more and more, by the year. This is what the term "fanboy" even means. They continue to defend Capcom no matter what they do, despite the fact they have occasionally blamed us fans for their products sucking, then go and kiss their ass again so they'll give into the demands and make another half-baked title, when I honestly feel like they are putting the future of the franchise in jeopardy. Like, don't even go there. There are a lot of people online who will agree with me and my plaintive yet honest remarks, that people get played, yet they continue to carry on thinking that Capcom listens to what people have to say. That's so untrue.

This series in fact, should have been made into a different IP altogether and this should have occurred well over a decade ago. You can support Capcom and their half-baked titles all you want. I'm not stopping you. As I said, people can buy whatever they want and believe whatever hype that Capcom and similar corporations out there throws at them, like a puppy on a leash. It doesn't mean real fans have to fall for their tactics as usual. You think I am just sore about them as a company, but if that's the case, you're surely deluded. I've just been constantly giving you and others like you who target my channel, my honest opinions about it since it went live several hours ago to the whole world of gaming. So as a fan of nearly 20 years who has coped with a lot of backstabbing and related nonsense from idiots on the Internet, I think a lot of people like myself have warranted reasons regarding how we feel. There's no need to refer to me as a troll, which is kind of stupid. That really does only serve to insult my intelligence. Gimpy is the real troll as well. He's a waste of skin and bones. And also, our air. And those who don't respect other people, just because they gave a conflicting opinion about a video game. Sorry, but that's kind of sad and so 1988. You would think people in this day and age wouldn't care about that sort of debate, but as always, I've been proven right. And I have to question the mentality of some of these strangers that I encounter online. Just bitter, angry people who clearly have a perplexed way of thinking. It's so crazy.

I really don't get it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
And what are you reporting me for, exactly? Nobody likes a tattle-tale either. Besides, you're the one who started it. Calling me out because you don't like it when a true fan says that those money grabbers over at Capcom have been churning this crap out of their buttholes for years now, and that's why such people are enabling Capcom to screw up the franchise more and more, by the year. This is what the term "fanboy" even means. They continue to defend Capcom no matter what they do, despite the fact they have occasionally blamed us fans for their products sucking, then go and kiss their ass again so they'll give into the demands and make another half-baked title, when I honestly feel like they are putting the future of the franchise in jeopardy. Like, don't even go there. There are a lot of people online who will agree with me and my plaintive yet honest remarks, that people get played, yet they continue to carry on thinking that Capcom listens to what people have to say. That's so untrue.

This series in fact, should have been made into a different IP altogether and this should have occurred well over a decade ago. You can support Capcom and their half-baked titles all you want. I'm not stopping you. As I said, people can buy whatever they want and believe whatever hype that Capcom and similar corporations out there throws at them, like a puppy on a leash. It doesn't mean real fans have to fall for their tactics as usual. You think I am just sore about them as a company, but if that's the case, you're surely deluded. I've just been constantly giving you and others like you who target my channel, my honest opinions about it since it went live several hours ago to the whole world of gaming. So as a fan of nearly 20 years who has coped with a lot of backstabbing and related nonsense from idiots on the Internet, I think a lot of people like myself have warranted reasons regarding how we feel. There's no need to refer to me as a troll, which is kind of stupid. That really does only serve to insult my intelligence. Gimpy is the real troll as well. He's a waste of skin and bones. And also, our air. And those who don't respect other people, just because they gave a conflicting opinion about a video game. Sorry, but that's kind of sad and so 1988. You would think people in this day and age wouldn't care about that sort of debate, but as always, I've been proven right. And I have to question the mentality of some of these strangers that I encounter online. Just bitter, angry people who clearly have a perplexed way of thinking. It's so crazy.

I really don't get it.

You're not special, dude. Plenty of people, including myself have called out Capcom on their sh*t for years. The truth is, they've stopped catering to their fanbase a long time ago and only care about what would attract the masses. Difference is, we don't belittle others and try to act superior by calling ourselves "true" fans like it makes us cool. It's actually very pathetic and gets you nothing. We're all fans here and we're all individuals who have our own reasons for being fans.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

I really don't get it.
You said mean things about us because we're excited for the game. You started it. You're complaining that I'm a tattle-tale because I reported you for being extremely rude? Really? I'm not going to just take this from you.

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
It's clear that this is something you are very passionate about, CZ, but I think it's managed to work you into a bit of a state. I can see your side, and I'm sensing that there's more to your rants than we're aware of, but I really do genuinely believe that some time away from the forum will do you good. I've imposed a one-week account ban which will be lifted the following Tuesday, at which time you'll be welcome to return.

Feel free to email me directly via the contact form at the bottom of each page if you want to discuss things further, but note that the ban will not be lifted under any circumstance.

Apologies for the interruption guys, and thank you to those that reported the issue and contacted me directly.

To chime in and re-steer the topic in the right direction: I'm personally not super stoked about the Resident Evil 2 remake, but perhaps that's just because in my eyes the original game is pretty much flawless. I'll no doubt play it, though, because c'mon it's Resident Evil. ;)

And just as a heads-up while I'm here: I didn't actually announce this on devilmaycry.org - I just sort of did it and temporarily broke some stuff along the way (oops!), but in the near future I'll be re-(re-re-)installing WordPress as a news CMS for, like, the fifth time in ten years... only this time I'm super excited about it.

Love you guys.

Last edited:

MisterScott

Wow I never knew that people on this forum are so sensitive and take everything as personally offensive, the guy was just a bit frustrated with how the game turned out and making videos on how mindless consumerism can create a uncessesary demand for potentially low quality games which can in the long run adversely affect the franchise was his way of expressing his disappointment, if you didn’t like his videos you could’ve simply not watched them instead of making such a big deal out of them, and let’s face it I’m pretty sure all of us felt like the way he does at least at one point in our lives.

And to be clear I have said what I need to say and this is the last time I am not going to discuss or debate this “incident” any further.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Considering RE3's story was designed to bookend RE2's, it wouldn't be completely unlikely for Leon or Claire to at least catch a glimpse of Nemesis. If I've got the timelines right (which I'm pretty sure I have, but by all means, correct me if I'm wrong), by the time Leon and Claire show up in Racoon City, Jill is already unconscious and infected in the clock towers chapel after the helicopter got shot down, meaning Nemesis has wandered off to recover after the battle in the clock towers courtyard.
So, theoretically, Leon or Claire could catch sight of Nemesis somewhere in the streets at any point up to their individual arrivals at the RPD building.it doesn't have to be a combat encounter, just a quick glimpse of the big guy wandering around injured.

Exactly what I was thinking. No need to feature him as a boss you fight (and it would be a little redundant with Mr. X already in the game), but catching a small glimpse of him and hearing "S.T.A.R.S.!" in the background would make the two games feel that much more connected and add a further sense of nostalgia to the REmake. Perhaps it could be used as a little foreshadowing to the encounter with Mr. X.

MisterScott

I agree I wouldn’t mind Nemesis having a brief appearance in the Resident Evil 2 Remake but not as an antagonist as Mr X fills that role.

Lithium

I have RE2 on my Vita and the controls are sooooo much screwing with my head again, that I don't even make it to the first save point. On easy! So I was kinda hoping für a remake like RE 1.
I'm thrilled nonetheless! Hope they don't change the story too much, though.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Just leaving this here, in full resolution, so everyone can see how weird Claire looks. :neutral:
Did young Sherry and Ellie from The Last Of Us have a child together?

e3cover0wkp8.jpg

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Just leaving this here, in full resolution, so everyone can see how weird Claire looks. :neutral:
Did young Sherry and Ellie from The Last Of Us have a child together?

e3cover0wkp8.jpg
Oh god, she looks so weird....

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Notice how they used the same photogrammetry that RE7 used for the RE Engine while still staying true to their original counterparts, unlike RE7's version of Chris.

I take it they used actors that more closely resemble their original counterparts (Leon, Ada, Sherry, etc.) for the photo scans this time around?

By God, Ada better still be as cute as I remember.

Top Bottom