• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remaking gaiden

Should gaiden be remaded

• Total voters

L

Lurker
Okay guys do you think Resident evil Gaiden should be remade in regular graphics so we can actually see what barry has. He doesnt have that much of a story and this can finnaly act on the series. I choose yes, personally.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well maybe it is just me, but I think we really need to calm down with this whole remaking idea, we are asking for too many remakes and to be honest it is getting out of hand...

But Gaiden I do feel deserves a remake, possibly more than any of the others, I have it on Gameboy Color, and the gameplay is atrocious, hard to play and makes me not even want to play it. The plot and location is actually pretty great, and there is a cliffhanger ending that I really like.:) So I vote yes.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nah, i think RE 2 and 3 deserve a remake more than Gaiden. They could do something like Gaiden, with Barry and Rebecca in a mission, to make Barry's and Rebecca's fans happy, but without Leon. Of course, it'd have to be cannon.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't really think RE2 & RE3 need a remake, if you remake those why not remake CVX? And afte that there are only a few games that have yet to be remade and look all pretty, hell why not remake those?

When they remade the first Psycho from 1960, why not remake Psycho II & Psycho III? Because there is no point to doing so, and there is no way to recreate the greatness that was those movies. Of course Psycho is not RE, but the same idea & logic still applies, RE2 & RE3 are not in dire need of a remake, and most people seem to be pleased with Capcom's half-ass, lazy mistakes and little unecessary changes that is the Darkside Chronices.

Personally if they intend to half ass it anyway, then there is another reason not to remake it.:)

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah, there's no need. I only think it's be more worthy remaking RE2/3 instead of Gaiden, or make a new story featuring a mission with Barry and Becca.
All of us would like to see the original games remade, i already seen people wanting a newer remake of the first, but it woudn't be economically good for Capcom, so they wouldn't do that. You're right, they can't remake everything and be rmaking all the time, it's time to get some new characters and make a whole new storyline.
It'd bee nice to play as a spy who is infiltrating an Umbrella (or something like that) facility, so yoou fight humans, but they also release B.O.W.'s to stop him/her. I think the only human enemies in RE were thos cleaners in survivor.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, they should start with something fresh, the REmake was "sheer perfection" and doens't need to be fondled by the lazy developers at Capcom again, and I think that with the plethora of possibilities, Capcom just needs to pick one and make RE6.:)

Also, I don't think The Cleaners were human, when you kill them they fall and die like a BOW, and even their arms were oddly long....I can't really think of what they are, but they seem to be a little less than human.:) In which case you could probably count Krauser there...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Uh ok, you're probably right. I never played the game, but i got curious when i read this:
"Cleaners are elite shooter from Umbrella, and they're the first human enemies from the series. One or two handgun shots is enough to kill them...."
Don't know how reliable it is. Anyways, i never played survivor, so you're probably right.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It is worth getting, despite complaints(we know what those are like), the game has a great plot, I am sure you have enlightened yourself, but as you know the games events are canon according to RE0, so it is something any RE fan should invest in, I was lucky enough to have someone find it for me at a Movie Trading Company.:)

Also, where did you get this, "Cleaners are elite shooter from Umbrella, and they're the first human enemies from the series. One or two handgun shots is enough to kill them...."?

The thing about the one or two shots is very true, they go down quicker than a Liberty City Hooker(sorry GTA referrence, I just watched an X-play review).

bruno

Chief Researcher
From a website called "REVIL". It's very cool, because they update their news section almost everyday, it's the best source for RE news i know, but there's some mistakes in the games sections, so they might be wrong about the cleaners. Anyways, it's a brazilian site, so most of the users from this forum probably can't understand anything. If you still want to check:
http://www.residentevil.com.br/

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
darkness;45345 said:
yah gaiden wasnt cannon so why even make it! why remake a crappy game?

It isn't canon yet, but simply making even the slightest referrence to it in a canon game, much like RE0 did with Survivor, and it would be canon in that one second.:)

The gameplay is the only crappy part, but the plot and all is good.

@Bruno, I took a look at it, it is put together real well, I especially like how the games on the side, when you move your cursor over it, it makes the game's cover visible.:)

L

Lurker
Okay, ONE:Spike and bruno, try not to start an argument over a small thread.

two: Well you guys maybe it wont have to be poking a button to shoot, i mean like resident evil 1 remake style.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
rathit;45370 said:
Okay, ONE:Spike and bruno, try not to start an argument over a small thread.

two: Well you guys maybe it wont have to be poking a button to shoot, i mean like resident evil 1 remake style.

Hmmm, where was there an agruement??

And in regards to the gameplay, I assumed if it were going to be remade it would not used that atrocious gameplay...and I thought I voted for it, thus having hopes that it would be better aiming, possibly on par with REmake, or maybe RE4 style...

ResidentZelda

I say no because personally I don't like the game, first of all because it was rated *camera focus on mouth* Teen *focus out of mouth* I think that was stupid the only RE rated *camera focus on mouth* Teen. Then I think it was boring IMO.

Tyrant

I say they shouldn't remake Gaiden because it was just...
Completely off track to anything that Resident Evil was doing at the time and it was bad enough why remake a game that was not even that good?

Tyrant

And the fact that BARRY out of all re cannon characters was the main
sure they threw Leon on but I mean come on we all know Barry is no good without his Jill Sandwich

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Your welcome.:)

And as for Barry, well I think Gaiden was his time to shine, and it could have been something really cool, if it were on anything other than the Gameboy Color....which is why I think having it on an actual console would be cool, maybe even PSP, they could even make it cool there.:)

Tyrant

That is a good point...
But the gameplay style...to RPG-ish for me
i like old fashioned
even Re4 and 5 didnt make me so happy especially 5 which left things completely unexplained besides the main story
but Barry is a loveable guy and I think he should remain in his spot as a side character
MAYBE if they do another REmake you should be able to play as him instead of Richard like in Deadly Silence for the DS

Or Re5 for Xbox and Ps3 should add Mercenaries Expansion packs like new levels considereing the Mansion and Raccoon City
and Characters like Barry and Leon and Jill Stars and whatnot

sound good?

Top Bottom