• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised REmake..what would you change about it?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I know this is an all round brilliant game but i was playing it and thinking theres just a few things i wished they had included.
i really wanted to play as barry, i know he wouldn't have been a popular main character, but something like assignment ada, but using barry instead, because he does have an interesting story, with wesker blackmailing him etc.
another thing is i would like to see more sneaky wesker sequences.

Discuss?

Torque

I wish that they had an unlockable mode that is dedicated purely to wesker and barry. It could show what they were both up to when chris and jill were off venturing the mansion.

It would be pretty interesting since that when we actually did see Barry in some scenes, they were all main parts of the game. Like the part where Barry ditches Jill and goes up the lift when Lisa Trevor was in the other room. And since Barry would have gone a different way to Jill to reach a particular place, even more would be added to the mansion to extend the scenario even further.

aintnoscrub

Premium
Yes! Thats exactly what i wanted, i think its unfair how we don't get to see what barry did. I would have liked to have maybe seen more cutscenes showing what the other team members got up to and how they met their end.

Zombie Enclave

Jill Sandwich mini game.

EAT TEM SANDWICHES! Just kidding, but I would love to play as Barry. Mainly for that awesome Magnum he has.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I like the Barry storyline that y'all are mentioning, that would have been a neat feature to have.

Personally, and I know people will probably disagree with me on this one, I would have liked to scrap the crimson heads. I just find them so terrifying, which is the main reason I don't play the REmake often. I spend more time refilling my canteen to make sure every zombie is toast than I do actually playing through the game.

wpstudart

If you want to play with Barry, get Resident Evil Gaiden.. Just kidding, it sucks :(

Anyway, a Barry storyline as an extra would be nice, seeing where the hell he was when Jill were sometimes and stuff.

And about Crimsom Heads, I'll just give up. They come, bye, I'm dead. I always forget to burn them :p

aintnoscrub

Premium
Ii think with the bad camera angles and the slow style game play crimson heads aren't such a good idea in big numbers. I don't hate them, mainly because i don't see them anymore, because i speedrun the game. At first they were a nice new addition, but now they just wind me up how deadly they are.

Torque

If you were Barry, you could just use his magnum to blow their ugly lil faces off :D,..

tho i get the feeling barry and wesker were together "spying" on chris and jill and when they got themselves into a situation, barry would be sent off to "save" the day and look like the good guy

Torque

i wouldn't change nething, maybe just the amount of crimson heads and where they would b located,

but you know the part when you first meet yawn (room past where richard was) and u have to get the mask, when u first encounter it, i'd have the snake auto attack jill/chris so they r poisoned, and when you exit, jill/chris will faint and Barry would take her to the serum room and cure her but allow her/he to rest. As she is resting, we then get to venture off to an unknown part of the mansion (that only barry and wesker know of) where he would meet wesker to find out what he has to do next, then we get to do some traitor work and kill another member (wouldn't know who 2 pick) and then we would shift back 2 jill/chris and continue as normal.

i'd try and chuck a playable scene with wesker but wouldn't know where to fit it in >.<

i'd probably change the fight with the elder crimson head aswell instead of just running straight at you, i'd have him leap off the walls and jump at you with his massive claws he's grown ever since 1 AD lol, coz that fight was way too easy , it also would've been great to actually fight neptune with some sort of tactic but i guess that would've been too hard for some

there's so much i'd love to add but my lil brain can't release my thoughts :/ maybe i'll add some more later

aintnoscrub

Premium
I really like your barry idea, however the only downside to that is knowing he is a traitor that early in the game. Because then everytime you see a sequence between him and chris/jill you wll be thinking 'dickhead'. But its still an awesome idea having to go off to a new part of the mansion, or even having him access the labs that early, and then when your back to chris/jill you wouldn't be able to get into the labs yet. Some of the bosses are to easy and don't need tactic, like yawns first encounter.

Kagara

A mini game with Barry and Wesker have been cool. If they added something like that to the Wiimake of the game, I would have probably bought it.

aintnoscrub

Premium
I would even settle for a few scenes where it flashes to what wesker is upto, so you get some more insight into his story, it wouldn't even have to be playabe, just a few cutscenes.

Torque

aintnoscrub;52421 said:
I would even settle for a few scenes where it flashes to what wesker is upto, so you get some more insight into his story, it wouldn't even have to be playabe, just a few cutscenes.

yea tru, it felt kinda weird that we only saw him again when your at the residence and then only find out that he was evil all the way till the labs.

if they slipped in a few more scenes of wesker, showing us what exactly he was up to during certain parts of the game, i'd be a happy camper

aintnoscrub

Premium
Yeah for instance showing him spying on chris and jill etc through monitors or something along them lines from the lab. Just something little like that, which would give us a massive insight into his evil.

Top Bottom