• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) RE2 Timed Run

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Im currently playing RE2 with the intention of beating the game with a really quick time.
Im playing through on a empty memory card, so no extra weapons, just the basics on normal mode.
Leon Scenario A

Go ahead and post your quickest times if you know them :)
also stratergies for a quick run would be helpful

iHadeSsS

aintnoscrub

Premium
15qc02u.jpg

okay there it is...2.26 mins rank b.
it was my first run in a very long time, i think its quite good..i was quite impressed with how i managed no saves, as i was chancing it, cuz its been so long.
im gonna do it again, but need help..
whats the deal with B, no saves/deaths/continues etc.
didnt pick up the sub machine gun

Ada-Wong-Fan

Ok i Think to get a Rank A u need to do it in 2 steps;

1.Complete in less thn 3 hours (which u did)
and
2. Dnt use ANY First Aid Sprays but u cn use any type of herbs.

Hope this helped ;) :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
ahh bugger..
i actually used first aid sprays when i didnt have too :/ like when i was just in yellow caution i went and used one..i think another factor may have something to do with weapon choice..i.e using magnum over handgun. oh well you learn from your mistakes.
think im gonna do a RE3 timed run next then RE1. only played through RE4 once, thats not enough to attempt timed run.

Ada-Wong-Fan

I hardly ever do i timed run but i hav tried :D on RE2 but i always manage to die. I think ive had a time of like 4hours and thts about it, i no i suck lol :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
RE2 was the first timed run i did.
i was impressed with the time because i havent played it in like 5-6 years. but you never really forget things like that.

4 hours is like the average for alll RE games..so you dont suck. :)

L Kennedy

Ranking A
Clear Game Leon A
Total Time 02:00:43
Number of Savs 00

I think i have beat it faster to, but i don't have a ss of it xD

L Kennedy

i can do a try when i have time, and it could take a little while, because i started to read the books about Jason Bourne

Ada-Wong-Fan

[quote author=L Kennedy link=topic=580.msg15086#msg15086 date=1225011549]
Ranking A
Clear Game Leon A
Total Time 02:00:43
Number of Savs 00

I think i have beat it faster to, but i don't have a ss of it xD
[/quote]

Wowz ;D :D

Torque

its been close to 7-8 years since i last played this awesome game and thought i'd contribute my first time in years..

not too bad i reckon, no cheats were used or special weapons

CROta03

Biohazard 2 Normal Leon A Scenario ; 00 Saves, SS, 1:12:57
Biohazard 2 Normal Leon B Scenario ; 01 Save , MS, 1:16:40

Biohazard 2 Normal Claire A Scenario ; 01 Save, MS, 1:18:19
Biohazard 2 Normal Claire B Scenario ; 01 Save, MS, 1:17:34

I do not know how to put picture here to prove my runs!!
But on you tube and internet archive will be uploaded!!

P.S

The FAS do not affect on your grade after game! The affect is making ammount of used healing items ( HERBS AND FAS )

aintnoscrub

Premium
since your calling it biohazard, do you own the japanese version.i would love to own that, it runs so much faster than american and european.

CROta03

Yes, I owned it.
About fast runing you need to compare USA or JPN with EU/PAL.
In JPN and USA ver. everything you need to compare is inventory!! LETTERS!!!
=)

I see that you are from UK so that is EU ( PAL ) ver. of game, right?

DavizZz

well i have finished LeonA on the GC in 59minutes 52seconds... I could finally make it sub hour !! i was so happy that i make it :D.
here the short video, although the fight went bad.
if some one thinks it is easy because rocket launcher, well try and you will see you it is harder than you think :D!! I was running it about 100 times, I am so happy that i could finally finish it under 1 hour...
here the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ie7hhHp4c

DavizZz

yes, there is only a difference between letters. but(!) JPN Normal is = USA Easy!!! just simply compare the positions of the zombies of JPN Normal and USA Easy. and then check USA Normal!

may be there are some people interested:
I could finally finish it(this run KICKED MY ASS). I finished the GC RE2 LeonA Rookie Mode (=USA Easy Mode with Rocket L. or JPN Normal with RL) in 0"59"52 !! If you think: blaaa he played with Rocket Launcher, that's easy.. well yes, but i didnt kill any zombies, i just killed the bosses as fast as it is possible to get sub hour. here is my funny ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ie7hhHp4c

funny because the endfight is my biggest mistake, the rest was without mistakes, took simply no damage (except some bites, it's better to let you bite instead of killing the zombie). If you think it's easy, try it by yourself :D and i am sure it wont be easy to beat my time ;)

Top Bottom