• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised RE0/RE2

bruno

Chief Researcher
Hi. I never played RE0, only saw some videos, but i have some questions.
In RE0, you start playing on the train, then yyou get to the MTF, and then you pass through the RE2 turntable to get into a water treatment facility, right?
Questions:
1) The cable car linking the MTF to the turntable is different from the one linking the sewers (beneath the RPD) to the turntable?
2) The only area from RE2 we see in RE0 is the turntable? or is there any other area? The water treatment plant isn't seen in RE2, is it?
3) Why is Marcus in the water treatment facility and not in the MTF? Why didn't him attack Birkin (he might not know of the lab because he was dead when it was built, but it'd be impossible not to notice it). Why were the cable car and turntable already there before the lab was built? Marcus used them before he died?
4) If there were lots of monsters really close to the Underground lab, how didn't Birkin, Anetter or other workers notice them? (at least, it's not mentioned in the in RE2 or any other games)

In my opinion, placing RE0 close to RE2 raised a lot of inconsistenses, i think RE0 should be located only in the train and MTF (excluding the RE2/water treatment part). I prefer to think the MTF was a lot bigger than in the original game and the treatment plant was located under the MTF, not close to RE2 lab.

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE0 is set 2 mounths before RE2 (and 1 day before RE1), but the Training Facility in RE0 is linked by a gondola to the turntable in RE2. That turntable has another gondola to the sewers under the RPD, and has access to Birkin's Underground lab and Marcus' Treatment plant (i've been watching RE0 videos and came to this conclusion).
During RE0, Rebecca goes through the turntable but, instead of entering Birkin's lab, enters the Treatment plant, where the Queen leech is.

What i refer to as the turntable is that giant elevator that, in RE2, has a train on it. It is also present in RE outbreak (don't remember if it's Outbreak 1 or 2), in the "Below Freezing Point" scenario.

codename: HUNK

1) its the same type of cable car, but in a different area, so its not the same car.

2) no, the turntable area is the only similar spot to re2.

3) I'm pretty sure the lab was there before he died. I could be wrong, but im pretty sure.

4) Annette and William never leave the lab, even after the outbreak.

Though I do agree with you. At the end of RE0 the lab explodes, Yet it is there in RE2. Is it a different place that self- detonated the first time? or did the chemical plant somehow blow up twice?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Birkin activates the self destruct sequence of the MTF (you can see the building's explosion in RE0), but not his lab.
What i don't understand is that, if the treatment plant was so far from the MTF (you have to walk the cable car and then go down the turntable) why did the treatment plant explode too? (when Billy and Rebecca are in the forest, in the end, the exploded MTF seems to be in the distance)
The plant's destruction could cause the destruction of the underground lab too, which is close to it.
Maybe Birkin thought he'd have to eliminate both facilities, in order to hide the outbreak and destroy Marcus.
Wesker and Sergei were very lucky that the explosion of the MTF didn't cause the collapse the train tunnel (REUC).

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The cable cars are not the same. You can also see the difference in where you enter the control room for the turntable lift. In RE2 you come up via a manhole, while in RE0 you enter from what seems like an added door across from the room that you enter from in RE2.

As for when you go down, it has the same elevator(which you see Enrico getting off of), the same safe room(which you can't enter), and the other room that leads to the main lab areas you explore in RE2(of course the P4 Lab area that Birkin is shot in included), but they didn't allow you to go past seeing any of those doors, what they did was add an entirely new section, across from that area, on the opposite side of the turntable, separated by a large closing wall, revealing yet another elevator(which of course can lead directly to the basement of the Management Training Facility(which makes me wonder why in UC Wesker goes on a wild goose chase to get to the basement, even uses the elevator, but instead uses it to access another area to activate the power, then uses the same elevator to go off and use the turntable, and well, it was just really unnecessary.

In anycase, I hope throughout all of my ramblings I helped you out, although you maybe have figured it all out after you made your post...

Top Bottom