• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE Revelations gameplay

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Well I just watched a video of the Revelations demo that comes with Mercenaries 3D... and I was very sad to see that your health regenerates. Using herbs is a very big part of RE gameplay. Why would they give you regenerating health in this game but not in RE5 when its actually necessary (if you can't heal yourself when you are dying what the **** is the point of being able to heal yourself?)

I'm not really bothered by the fact that you can move and shoot in this game. Its always going to be easier to hit your target (and therefore save ammo) if you stop and aim, but its nice to be able to backpedal when your enemies are advancing on you.

So what do you think about the gameplay in Revelations? More importantly what do you think defines RE gameplay? Personally I always liked that you had limited ammo and limited healing items, therefore you had to explore and investigate, which is what I love most about classic RE (aside from clearing zombies from my path). Thats why RE4 and RE5 feel so different from classic RE games. Not only is the ammo unlimited but the path is so linear you don't really have to stop and check things out.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well I just watched a video of the Revelations demo that comes with Mercenaries 3D... and I was very sad to see that your health regenerates. Using herbs is a very big part of RE gameplay. Why would they give you regenerating health in this game but not in RE5 when its actually necessary (if you can't heal yourself when you are dying what the **** is the point of being able to heal yourself?)

I'm not really bothered by the fact that you can move and shoot in this game. Its always going to be easier to hit your target (and therefore save ammo) if you stop and aim, but its nice to be able to backpedal when your enemies are advancing on you.

So what do you think about the gameplay in Revelations? More importantly what do you think defines RE gameplay? Personally I always liked that you had limited ammo and limited healing items, therefore you had to explore and investigate, which is what I love most about classic RE (aside from clearing zombies from my path). Thats why RE4 and RE5 feel so different from classic RE games. Not only is the ammo unlimited but the path is so linear you don't really have to stop and check things out.

I think the gameplay will actually be a welcome change to that of RE4/5, becaus all the fans have been asking for something inbetween Classics and Modern RE...i think this game bridges that gap gameplay wise...

I have mercenaries and the pilot version is great. the graphics are AMAZING, It was scary (a zombie came out of a bathroom stall and scared the crap out of me. I also didn't like the regenerating health the herbs are the best!!!

chocotricks

Yeah I never knew about the regenerating health like wth? That was one thing I loved about RE.....like I remember one time in RE2 I tried playing on normal (I usually play on easy cause I get raped on everything else) and anyway I was playing as Leon and I had **** all ammo and no herbs and I was in danger and about to fight the G embryo.....needless to say I had to restart but point being I knew I was ****ed I couldnt just wait around and be like alright healed lol

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I can't wait to get this game. It looks so scary, and that is a huge change for RE. I played the Demo version on Mercenaries 3D, and I have to say I am not disappointed. It is great and has a good atmosphere, it seems just like a console game. I think I might buy it.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
RE for me was definitely about limitations, so it's a shame that herbs don't feature so much. But the scanner thing looks interesting. I think a digital demo comes out today or something?

(btw - just a small thing - this is in the wrong forum, this should be posted in the Revelations forum. This is the RE6 forum)

Hoady

Well it is not the official resident evil 6 so it doesn't bother me although it is odd they would need to cut out that game mechanic.Having to finish off every fight and then fully revive seems take away sense of realism and desperation.

Top Bottom